The 55+ plan can be throttled anytime due to system usage. That is explained in the plan info. That is the reason I would never take this plan regardless of the price. Each unlimited plan has differi... Ver más...
The 55+ plan can be throttled anytime due to system usage. That is explained in the plan info. That is the reason I would never take this plan regardless of the price. Each unlimited plan has differing data speed stipulations. It is the customer's responsibility to be aware before changing plans.
Receiver hardware on phones varies and it's much more than the antenna. Some receive signals better than others. Verizon won't be able to give you a true answer to your question. It's pretty much tri... Ver más...
Receiver hardware on phones varies and it's much more than the antenna. Some receive signals better than others. Verizon won't be able to give you a true answer to your question. It's pretty much trial and error. I've had some phones receive better than others. Overall, new phones now will usually receive better than old model phones, at least in my experience.
"Now hold the phone there @Looneyman   Each time you request a promise to pay, and can't pay, then get suspended and reconnected, WHOSE fault is that?   Do you know each time you make that promis... Ver más...
"Now hold the phone there @Looneyman   Each time you request a promise to pay, and can't pay, then get suspended and reconnected, WHOSE fault is that?   Do you know each time you make that promise that you won't make it?  Or just shooting the moon?     Irresponsible."  Exactly. I'm amazed at the people who expect someone else to pay their way due to their poor life decisions and bad luck. It's always somebody else's fault and it's the responsible people who should bale them out.
Don't eat the steak if you don't want to pay the bill. The attitude of taking services or goods only to pay late or not at all is appalling. If you use the service, you are required to pay for it.
Yes, putting your current sim card in the new iPhone will activate it. I have done this several times. As you probably know, get the model from Apple that is unlocked for ANY carrier, NOT the model s... Ver más...
Yes, putting your current sim card in the new iPhone will activate it. I have done this several times. As you probably know, get the model from Apple that is unlocked for ANY carrier, NOT the model specific for Verizon. This will assure you that you won't have an activation fee.  I switched to iOS from Android four years ago and will never go back. Disfruta.
Because you are asking for opinions, here is mine-  If you prefer to be able to customize your phone in detail, Android. If you prefer better security and privacy, but less customization, Apple. ... Ver más...
Because you are asking for opinions, here is mine-  If you prefer to be able to customize your phone in detail, Android. If you prefer better security and privacy, but less customization, Apple.  I've had both and have been with Apple for almost four years. I don't ever see myself going back to Android/Google. I avoid anything Google as much as possible. Again, just my opinion.
No current system will fight this. As everyone knows, these spammers change their outgoing number. You could block 2,000 numbers and the calls will come from other numbers. I get calls marked as comi... Ver más...
No current system will fight this. As everyone knows, these spammers change their outgoing number. You could block 2,000 numbers and the calls will come from other numbers. I get calls marked as coming from Chicago. It's always a different number and the voicemails are always gibber jabber in Chinese. These spammers should learn english if they want to spam us. You gotta love globalization and diversity. Another good thing gone bad!
You will probably have some tell you that this is how the insurance plan works, but I agree with you completely on this. The difference in screen and battery size and speakers to me would be a big de... Ver más...
You will probably have some tell you that this is how the insurance plan works, but I agree with you completely on this. The difference in screen and battery size and speakers to me would be a big deal. I love Apple's mini iPad and there is no way that one two inches larger would be right for me.  I haven't had the Asurion insurance for years. I didn't like it. I only get Apple care and that works great for me. I've only had one iPad and watch replaced by Apple, and they were both the exact same model. None of that 'as close as they can get" nonsense.  Good luck.
Unfortunately the "you owe me something free" mentality is sweeping the country.
I've been a loyal customer of the same grocery store for nearly 30 years. It's just not fair that they have yet to give me free groceries. I don't understand.  I've also been a "loyal" Verizon cus... Ver más...
I've been a loyal customer of the same grocery store for nearly 30 years. It's just not fair that they have yet to give me free groceries. I don't understand.  I've also been a "loyal" Verizon customer since 1993. I've spent thousands on new phones, iPads and service. However I'm still waiting for a new phone. It's just not fair.  The current "I'm owed something free" mentality just amazes me.
How is changing his phone number going to help? These spammers call random numbers or go down a line of numbers. They don't call specific numbers and not others.
"wipe out a 401K" ..........by getting into your Verizon account?
How would we know that? This is a customer forum. There is a simple way to find you answer.....compare your current bill to the previous bill, and the bill before that. I bet you'll find the answer.
I think that phone came out in 2014. It's probably beyond it's useful life.
Why do you have four postings about this? One is sufficient.  
Screen burn-in doesn't happen from being exposed to direct sunlight.
There are some locations such as the wilderness of a forest where there just won't be cellular coverage. Due to terrain, trees, hills etc it's just not possible for perfect coverage everywhere.
Try a soft reset or reinstall the backup of your previous version. If you look for assistance, I strongly suggest going to Apple, not Verizon. Apple will get to the bottom of the problem.
This won't really answer your question as I haven't taken the latest update yet. I usually take them the same day but not this time. I'm still on 13.1.2. Apps stopped crashing with this update but m... Ver más...
This won't really answer your question as I haven't taken the latest update yet. I usually take them the same day but not this time. I'm still on 13.1.2. Apps stopped crashing with this update but my wifi still comes on automatically every time I restart my phone. I only use wifi for Apple updates so this is annoying. Apple tech service contacted me so hopefully they address this sometime.  What problems are you having?  Again, sorry, I know this doesn't help you.
I really don't mean to be ignorant, but can you just list the facts pertaining to your cell service issue? I honestly stopped reading after the second paragraph.