Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,922 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

KJIsaacson's Posts

Joel, Is it the same with wired chargers? Or is this peculiar to this wireless charger? As I said, for years, I've kept my phone plugged in to wired chargers "all the time." Thanks. Ken
The literature with my new Samsung Wireless Charging Stand (Fast Charge) says I should remove the phone (Galaxy S7) when it's fully charged? What's the consequence (if any) of leaving it? For... See more...
The literature with my new Samsung Wireless Charging Stand (Fast Charge) says I should remove the phone (Galaxy S7) when it's fully charged? What's the consequence (if any) of leaving it? For one thing, it's a handing stand. Also, I like to keep the phone at 100% so it's fully charge when I go out. Finally, if I charge it overnight, it will, of course, reach full charge while I'm sleeping. So... am I affecting the battery adversely if I leave it charging after it reaches full charge? (Which raise the question about what I've been doing for years with all of my wired chargers: Leaving them plugged in "all the time." Many thanks. Ken
Mark, I downloaded the K-9 app. It's easy to use, and works perfectly. As far as I know, the issue with the native email app hasn't been addressed. Ken
Jeff, My Galaxy S6 just updated to Marshmallow yesterday, and I am no experiencing the same problem you describe. I have a number of pop3 accounts. Prior to update, if messages arrived on my p... See more...
Jeff, My Galaxy S6 just updated to Marshmallow yesterday, and I am no experiencing the same problem you describe. I have a number of pop3 accounts. Prior to update, if messages arrived on my phone and I later downloaded them to my computer, the next time the phone sync'd the messages would disappear from the phone. After update, the messages continue to show on the phone. This, even though I've confirmed that they are no longer on the pop3 server. I used to use K-9, and may have to go back to it. But I agree--VZW (or whomever) ought to address this! Ken
UPDATE: I found the problem, the solution to which suggests another problem. The "owner info" was not showing because the battery widget I have installed shows a notification on the lock scree... See more...
UPDATE: I found the problem, the solution to which suggests another problem. The "owner info" was not showing because the battery widget I have installed shows a notification on the lock screen giving battery info. If I disable notifications from the battery widget, the lock screen properly shows the owner info. However, it seems that ANY notification from ANY app prevents the owner info from showing. For example, a notification that there's a new email will block the owner info on the lock screen. This means I'd have to disable ALL on-screen notifications if I want my lost phone to show my info--which makes notifications useless. Hmmm.
After upgrading to Lollipop, I'm unable to get my "owner information" to show on my lock screen. Previously, I had my email address showing, so if the phone is lost, someone can contact me. At... See more...
After upgrading to Lollipop, I'm unable to get my "owner information" to show on my lock screen. Previously, I had my email address showing, so if the phone is lost, someone can contact me. At Settings|Lock screen|Lock screen widgets\Owner information, I've entered my email address. I've checked the box  "Show owner info on lock screen." Nothing. Lock screen shows only time and date. No "owner info". Any ideas what I'm missing? Thanks. Ken
I had that issue as well. I ended up backing up my phone and doing a hard factory reset. Wasn't happy about having to do that, but it did fix the email notification issue. Restoring the phone ... See more...
I had that issue as well. I ended up backing up my phone and doing a hard factory reset. Wasn't happy about having to do that, but it did fix the email notification issue. Restoring the phone data was another story. Ultimately, all got restored, but it was a chore.