Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,704 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Jaysonol's Posts

It is indeed a 'security update' prepared by Samsung.  After restarting my phone, and attempting to install again, it finally took and then rebooted at completion.
I received a notification this morning for a new OTA System Update for my S5.  My phone asks me to 'Tap to install new software', which I do.... Then an never ending "Preparing your device f... See more...
I received a notification this morning for a new OTA System Update for my S5.  My phone asks me to 'Tap to install new software', which I do.... Then an never ending "Preparing your device for the update...." message appears along with circular animation.....but it never ends.  I've been watching this now for at least 30 minutes.  I suppose it a Samsung 'Stagefright' patch, but unsure. Anyone know what this is?  Or is anyone else having an issue of a stalling install?
Which basically means they don't know what happened, or when it's going to be addressed.  I think it's Verizon's standard answer to buy time and cross their fingers that: 1) you'll go away and 'c... See more...
Which basically means they don't know what happened, or when it's going to be addressed.  I think it's Verizon's standard answer to buy time and cross their fingers that: 1) you'll go away and 'call' support instead of standing in store, or 2) Wait for enough ppl to complain before someone in Verizon takes notice (usually weeks later) and mentions a 'fix' is in the works and hopes that Samsung/Google will figure it out. I don't understand their 'soak tests'.  Clearly there are enough complaints floating around on various boards where this just isn't some random, 1 in 10,000 issue.  How does these issues of this magnitude get by internal testing before being release?
What does that even mean, it takes "3-5 days to settle"?  The patch/upgrade is either bugged or isn't.  How does 3-5 days change the way code on an OS alters overall performance for better or wor... See more...
What does that even mean, it takes "3-5 days to settle"?  The patch/upgrade is either bugged or isn't.  How does 3-5 days change the way code on an OS alters overall performance for better or worse?  This sounds 'fishy' to me.
Ugh, I'm dreading the fact I clicked install without reading the forums first, but now I'm confused which build is everyone having an issue with?  I'm not sure which build everyone is having an i... See more...
Ugh, I'm dreading the fact I clicked install without reading the forums first, but now I'm confused which build is everyone having an issue with?  I'm not sure which build everyone is having an issue with in regards to overheating and battery life.  I came across one user who said it was G900VVRU1BOA8, but my OTA today is G900VVRU1B0C4. I just installed it, so I can't report my finding yet, but I was rally surprised when in another thread here a Verizon rep told a user it "normally takes 5 days to settle"?  What?  I've never heard that before and I've been working in Tech Support for 15+ years, and I've never heard anyone tell me a patch/upgrade takes time to 'settle'.  What does that even mean? 
Correction: It was widely reported to be just Verizon issued phones, but have now read this has happened to a few people on Sprint network, and also the 02 network in the UK....which points to a ... See more...
Correction: It was widely reported to be just Verizon issued phones, but have now read this has happened to a few people on Sprint network, and also the 02 network in the UK....which points to a device issue, not a carrier firmware issue.
I saw this too.  Seems to only be affecting Verizon phones, although I haven't had the problem yet. That being said, Samsung is releasing an OTA patch today: Sprint Galaxy S5 Receiving Small ... See more...
I saw this too.  Seems to only be affecting Verizon phones, although I haven't had the problem yet. That being said, Samsung is releasing an OTA patch today: Sprint Galaxy S5 Receiving Small Update With Minor Changes | Droid Life  which may or may not address this issue.  It does refer to a camera feature, but not directly to 'crashes' that are being reported.
Okay, it looks like I figured it out on my own through trial and error. So if any of you have SYNC enabled vehicles and are having issues here is what I did: Make sure car is off (non-ign... See more...
Okay, it looks like I figured it out on my own through trial and error. So if any of you have SYNC enabled vehicles and are having issues here is what I did: Make sure car is off (non-ignition) - SYNC should be completely off. Open car door, get in close car door. Turn ignition on. Wait for SYNC to turn on completely (approx 10 secs) On SYNC, manually turn Bluetooth Off, then on. Press PHONE button -> scroll to SYSTEM SETTINGS -> Press OK -> Scroll to BLUETOOTH DEVICES -> Press OK -> Select OFF -> Select ON (possibly clears BT cache?) Manually delete any previous devices.  In my case, it was my Droid Bionic. Press PHONE button -> scroll to SYSTEM SETTINGS -> Press OK -> scroll to DELETE DEVICE -> Press OKAY -> scroll to [select your phone] or DELETE ALL -> Press OK -> Press OK again if asked for confirmation (YES?).  All previous devices should be deleted now and SYNC should be unpaired with all BT devices. Manually connect SYNC with phone (Because auto pairing/discovery didn't work, I am manually entering the device) Press PHONE button -> SYSTEM SETTINGS -> OK -> scroll to CONNECT BT DEVICE -> press OK  -> wait for generated PIN number from SYNC on display (6 digits). On S5, go to BT and select SCAN.....Hopefully, a new device will show up on your phones display as a MAC address.  Select this new device on phone, and the S5 should prompt you with pairing code input. Input the 6 digit code on the virtual keyboard, and with any luck, the MAC address will change to SYNC and be highlighted in light blue, indicating it is now paired. Your SYNC display may now ask you (it did, me) to make this the PRIMARY DEVICE.  Press OK.  It may ask to DOWNLOAD PHONEBOOK? next -> press OK. At this point it seemed to work fine.  I tested with oral commands "Bluetooth Audio.....Play", and it started to play my Audible.com book on tape.  I then selected a podcast from my phone, and it also began playing through car speakers. Hope this helps some of you.....
So I just switched from my Droid Bionic (and before that, the original Droid G1) from Motorola, to my new S5.  The S5 does not seem to recognize my Microsoft Sync, although in scanning it finds o... See more...
So I just switched from my Droid Bionic (and before that, the original Droid G1) from Motorola, to my new S5.  The S5 does not seem to recognize my Microsoft Sync, although in scanning it finds other bluetooth devices. Anyone else experiencing similar issues, or success?  If so, can you detail the steps of pairing your S5 with Sync enabled vehicles?
Usually a 'long press' of a thumbnail will bring up delete options.
I recently read (about a week back) on an Android site that there is a way to get around it by installing a 3rd party launcher, Nova.  See the article and instructions here: Work-around: Enabling... See more...
I recently read (about a week back) on an Android site that there is a way to get around it by installing a 3rd party launcher, Nova.  See the article and instructions here: Work-around: Enabling Download Booster on the Verizon and AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times
I recently read that the 'rose' (i.e. copper ed.) was a UK exclusive for the time being, and that as far as Electric Blue, that was a Best Buy exclsuive on the S4 model.  No news I've come across... See more...
I recently read that the 'rose' (i.e. copper ed.) was a UK exclusive for the time being, and that as far as Electric Blue, that was a Best Buy exclsuive on the S4 model.  No news I've come across on Blue being released by any domestic carrier as of yet.  Everyone has charcoal or white as a choice.  I would assume that future color releases will come, usually when a competitve device is announced, or a new quarter comes up to boost sales.  Seems to be that way in the past.
Took 10 minutes to install this morning.  Been running a few hours now with solid 4G.  Fingers crossed, but looks like the issue may have been finally fixed.  Overall, phone is much faster now to... See more...
Took 10 minutes to install this morning.  Been running a few hours now with solid 4G.  Fingers crossed, but looks like the issue may have been finally fixed.  Overall, phone is much faster now too!  Very cool.
Took roughly 10 minutes to install this mornings.  Thus far...NO 4G DATA LOSS...Yippee!!    Yup, solid 4G once again after 6 months of 4G issues. So much faster too!
Apparently a Motorola staging server "leaked" build 244 of ICS just a few days ago, so they are still working on it.  The good news came in the form of an article I found this morning: http://eas... See more...
Apparently a Motorola staging server "leaked" build 244 of ICS just a few days ago, so they are still working on it.  The good news came in the form of an article I found this morning: http://easternmorningherald.com/motorola-droid-bionic-ics-update-gets-leaked/1217663/
According to this article: http://easternmorningherald.com/motorola-droid-bionic-ics-update-gets-leaked/1217663/ we may find the ICS update coming in the next week or so.  ::keeps fingers crossed... See more...
According to this article: http://easternmorningherald.com/motorola-droid-bionic-ics-update-gets-leaked/1217663/ we may find the ICS update coming in the next week or so.  ::keeps fingers crossed::  Build 244 was "leaked" last week from a Motorola staging server, which signals they are still ineed working on it, and it appears to be close to being finished. I hope so, 'cause if not, I may take Motorola up on their $100 rebate towards the RAZRi which was just announced.
Well according to a post from the Eastern Morning Herald this past Sunday, it is very possible next week.  Build 244 was 'leaked' last week and appears to be practially finalized and agreed upon ... See more...
Well according to a post from the Eastern Morning Herald this past Sunday, it is very possible next week.  Build 244 was 'leaked' last week and appears to be practially finalized and agreed upon by Verizon and Motorola.  They assured us Q3, and with only a few weeks left...well...you can read the article here:http://easternmorningherald.com/motorola-droid-bionic-ics-update-gets-leaked/1217663/
Sorry to tell you, but it's an issue we all started to experience about 2+ months back. Even more dissapointing news: Depending on the Verizon tech you may speak with, they eitehr know about t... See more...
Sorry to tell you, but it's an issue we all started to experience about 2+ months back. Even more dissapointing news: Depending on the Verizon tech you may speak with, they eitehr know about this or don't know about this, so whether they are actively looking for a way to resolve this issue is anyone's guess. I'd dissuade you from getting a new sim chip or refurbed phone.  If you look at these forums, this doesn't solve the problem, but raises yoru ire that much more. We are all kinda in limbo right now, hoping/praying that an offical ICS update will come soon.  There are a few rumors that it will be released by end of August....but that's anyone's guess.  Anyway...you're not alone in this issuse.  It's coast to coast, all 4G markets.
There is no 'official' build yet released.  You've been probably hearing about the pre-alpha ROM "leaks".  You can do a Google search for the latest build, but install at your own risk.  If it bo... See more...
There is no 'official' build yet released.  You've been probably hearing about the pre-alpha ROM "leaks".  You can do a Google search for the latest build, but install at your own risk.  If it borks your phone further, you're outta luck as I don't believe Verizon will honor a replacement if your voided the warranty and bricked it. But some people have and says it works just fine.
Thanks for the update.  I guess this makes sense, or at least a plausible explantion.  But my Bionic was working just fine until 2 months ago, so I wonder if it's becuase the network is now satur... See more...
Thanks for the update.  I guess this makes sense, or at least a plausible explantion.  But my Bionic was working just fine until 2 months ago, so I wonder if it's becuase the network is now saturated with more and more LTE phones coming online everyday, that it can't handle the increased authentication requests. Too bad 90% of most Verizon employees aren't aware of this.  I fear that my 9 month old Bionic will see no love anytime soon. I'm even losing hope for ICS.