Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,002 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

rudeguyy's Posts

I have seen people do a hard reset on their phones and have no apps at all and still have similar issues. For me I know the issue is the wifi because whenever I keep getting the wifi is unstable ... See more...
I have seen people do a hard reset on their phones and have no apps at all and still have similar issues. For me I know the issue is the wifi because whenever I keep getting the wifi is unstable message that is when my battery life is the worst. I've also noticed if I turn off my wifi the battery life improves and my phones charges faster. But unfortunately since Verizon made me downgrade to paying for a data package that is no longer an option.
I agree with Rob on this one. They are going to sweep it under the carpet like nothing has happened. It's been months since this release has been out there and it hasn't been fixed on any carrier... See more...
I agree with Rob on this one. They are going to sweep it under the carpet like nothing has happened. It's been months since this release has been out there and it hasn't been fixed on any carrier or any phone. Either they have no idea how to fix it or at this point they simply don't care. If something was going to be done I would think by now there would have been some formal announcement from Samsung/Verizon/Google or anybody for that matter.
No solutions that I have seen anywhere. Some people have had certain issues fixed with a factory reset but for others it didn't accomplish anything. I shut down my phone and took the battery out ... See more...
No solutions that I have seen anywhere. Some people have had certain issues fixed with a factory reset but for others it didn't accomplish anything. I shut down my phone and took the battery out for 2 minutes and then put it back and booted up and it solved some issues but I still get the unstable connection on my wifi.
The same thing happened to my wife's s3 after we downloaded the 4.3 update. Mine made the sounds but all my person ringtones were gone and I had to set them back up. We got my wife's working agai... See more...
The same thing happened to my wife's s3 after we downloaded the 4.3 update. Mine made the sounds but all my person ringtones were gone and I had to set them back up. We got my wife's working again by shutting down the phone completely and then removed the battery for 2 minutes. After that reinstall the battery and power your phone back up. Then we went in and just picked a different ringtone and made sure all the settings were what she wanted and they were working again. Maybe that will help. Good luck!!!
While I agree the contract is for the service..my issue is then why are we not allowed to change phones? On my last contract I wanted to upgrade to the s3 and was told I would have to pay an earl... See more...
While I agree the contract is for the service..my issue is then why are we not allowed to change phones? On my last contract I wanted to upgrade to the s3 and was told I would have to pay an early termination fee because it had not been the full 2 years. If I am just switching phones and keeping the same plan/service this should not be an issue then. it is just another way for them to try to make money and cheat the customers.
Samsung is most likely at fault for the update since it has occurred on many different carriers. But I still have to hold Verizon somewhat responsible. After this new update I now have Verizon Cl... See more...
Samsung is most likely at fault for the update since it has occurred on many different carriers. But I still have to hold Verizon somewhat responsible. After this new update I now have Verizon Cloud on my phone..and when I turn on my phone a brand new Verizon logo appears on my screen. So I am sure those had something to do with Verizon..as well as all the added useless bloatware that is put on it. I have tried contacting both Verizon and Samsung and they have both been essentially useless. Perhaps this is only impacting 10% of customers..but that is a very large number of people when you think of how many users have these devices. Needless to say I am unhappy with both and will have no problem switching to a different carrier and different brand. Luckily my phone still works..just has the worst battery life known to mankind so I have to leave it on the charger anytime I am not using it.
I agree with what your saying but I bought the phone at Verizon, I pay Verizon monthly for access so naturally my issue is going to be with Verizon. I can go to Samsung but they just direct you b... See more...
I agree with what your saying but I bought the phone at Verizon, I pay Verizon monthly for access so naturally my issue is going to be with Verizon. I can go to Samsung but they just direct you back to Verizon. So as a customer we are getting screwed by both yet they still keep collecting money.
I would also say the reason I go after Verizon is because that is who my contract is with..they are the ones I pay every month for service so they should be the ones working with me. If I buy a p... See more...
I would also say the reason I go after Verizon is because that is who my contract is with..they are the ones I pay every month for service so they should be the ones working with me. If I buy a pair of Dockers at Macy's and they are defective I bring it back to Macy's I don't call the Dockers factory. They are both responsible but I am going to the place that I pay.
i dont care if they respond..but how about they do something about all the people whose phones are being screwed up by their update? I had no issues before the update and all of a sudden the phon... See more...
i dont care if they respond..but how about they do something about all the people whose phones are being screwed up by their update? I had no issues before the update and all of a sudden the phone is falling apart and all I am getting is Samsung and Verizon pointing their fingers at the other person
The G4 forums have many of the same issues as the G3 when it comes to the 4.3 upgrade so I hope you picked the Razr
In the thread below a Verizon person actually admits there is an issue with the update and Samsung is working on a fix with no ETA https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/814107
Funny that it doesn't list the fact your battery will die sooner and wifi will stop connecting as part of the enhancements
Verizon had to do something because I doubt Samsung pushed out an update that includes Verizon Cloud..also when I turn my phone on now a Verizon window appears that I never had before. I doubt Sa... See more...
Verizon had to do something because I doubt Samsung pushed out an update that includes Verizon Cloud..also when I turn my phone on now a Verizon window appears that I never had before. I doubt Samsung would put that in there since the phones are used by many carriers. But like the prior person stated Verizon is who I pay every month to use the phone so they should deal with Samsung if there is a problem not the customer. Perhaps I will only pay half my bill and when Verizon contacts me I will say I don't see anything wrong go ahead and bring it up with my bank.
Glad to see all the work and progress being done on these issues...I guess my next question is..is Verizon hiring? I am more then capable of sitting around all day and doing nothing so I should q... See more...
Glad to see all the work and progress being done on these issues...I guess my next question is..is Verizon hiring? I am more then capable of sitting around all day and doing nothing so I should qualify for a high level job.
Issues: Battery drains rapidly even when the phone is not in use. Wifi connectivity issues (constantly get unstable connection) and goes in and out for no reason at all. I think most of my other ... See more...
Issues: Battery drains rapidly even when the phone is not in use. Wifi connectivity issues (constantly get unstable connection) and goes in and out for no reason at all. I think most of my other issues have been resolved thanks to some of the members in the community here such as camera flash, loss of ringtones and text message problems. Things done to try to resolve issue: Factory reset, soft reset, took battery out for 2 minutes, shut down phone, deleted wifi and reconnected, turned off bluetooth, turned off auto network switch, killed apps, prayed, made wish on shooting star, threw money in fountain at mall. Are there any other possible things I missed that might actually fix the problem..like maybe an update from Samsung/Verizon? or do I need to maybe sacrifice a lamb or other animal? Thank you!!!
Mine has always been turned off and it still does it. I even tried turning it on for awhile and then shutting it back off hoping that would help but it didn't. It seems like it works best when I'... See more...
Mine has always been turned off and it still does it. I even tried turning it on for awhile and then shutting it back off hoping that would help but it didn't. It seems like it works best when I'm home but even that is spotty.
I don't get it either. My battery draining seems to change periodically. One day in an hour I will lose only 2% and then next day I lose 15% in the same hour. There is definitely some issue with ... See more...
I don't get it either. My battery draining seems to change periodically. One day in an hour I will lose only 2% and then next day I lose 15% in the same hour. There is definitely some issue with the wifi though..I never once had an issue and now no matter where I go the wifi is always unstable or keeps disconnecting..every time I look at my phone it says now connected to wifi. I am starting to think the wifi issue is what causes the battery to drain faster because it is constantly trying to connect.
no problem..glad it worked...at least its something working since this update lol
Next they will be telling us to keep the phone shut off all day for optimal battery life lol
Yes it will be the same version because no other updates or fixes have been rolled out. So you can delay it until a point where it might force you to install it on your phone.