Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,152 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

edis54's Posts

It looks like nobody makes anymore a good basic phone. They put so much garbage into the phone, that the phone lost the purpose for which was created in the first place.  Personally, I don’t li... See more...
It looks like nobody makes anymore a good basic phone. They put so much garbage into the phone, that the phone lost the purpose for which was created in the first place.  Personally, I don’t like a touch screen. All the old once, discontinue models were very good. Now, we could get them from eBay…until they are all sold.
My old Samsung Sway SCH-U650 (2008 model) worked very well for me for four (4) years. When stopped, I went to “upgrade” process and got Samsung Intensity III from Verizon. I exchanged this phone ... See more...
My old Samsung Sway SCH-U650 (2008 model) worked very well for me for four (4) years. When stopped, I went to “upgrade” process and got Samsung Intensity III from Verizon. I exchanged this phone three (3) times, and said “no thanks to Verizon” for another exchange. On eBay, I purchased Samsung Sway, and I happy again. It is discontinued model, basic phone, good camera and easy to use. I can definitely recommend Samsung Sway SCH-U650.
It seems that this model has glitch on everything. After exchanging three times, I came to conclusion that it will be impossible to use this phone without frustration. I said to Verizon ‘No thank... See more...
It seems that this model has glitch on everything. After exchanging three times, I came to conclusion that it will be impossible to use this phone without frustration. I said to Verizon ‘No thank you’, when they offered another exchange. They credited the rip-off “upgrade fee” and I purchased Samsung Sway on eBay. And ...I am happy since then.
(deleted content per VZW ToS..please keep your post family friendly), your free minutes and your free texting. There is no such thing like a free phone and free service. Someone has to pay for th... See more...
(deleted content per VZW ToS..please keep your post family friendly), your free minutes and your free texting. There is no such thing like a free phone and free service. Someone has to pay for this. Taxpayers. How nice! I can not afford a plan with texting, so I took a plan with talk minutes only. But I have to pay for somebody else freebees. It’s that right? Message was edited by: Verizon  Moderator (M)
You can call the VZW customer service and ask them to block all texting. I did it – at no cost.
I gave up after the third phone of this model. Yesterday, I switched to Samsung Sway, which I purchased on eBay. My old Sway worked for me 4 years without ANY single problem. Samsung Sway, whic... See more...
I gave up after the third phone of this model. Yesterday, I switched to Samsung Sway, which I purchased on eBay. My old Sway worked for me 4 years without ANY single problem. Samsung Sway, which I received from eBay, works very well. There should be a recall of Samsung Intensity III.
Thanks for info. If this is the truth – it’s shameful. There are so many VZW customers who are basic phone users.
Yep, I just did that. Yesterday, I received Samsung Sway (my old one work for me 4 years) purchased on eBay. I went to the VZW store, activated, and the three weeks nightmare with Samsung Intensi... See more...
Yep, I just did that. Yesterday, I received Samsung Sway (my old one work for me 4 years) purchased on eBay. I went to the VZW store, activated, and the three weeks nightmare with Samsung Intensity III (three phones in three weeks – none of them good) is finally over!!! Sway works great. All new basic phones that are available through the VZW are piece of junk. This time, I purchased on eBay. But, purchasing on eBay could be a temporary solution. The phone that I purchased is a new phone, but was made in 2008. For how long sellers on eBay will carry old models new phones. What are we going to do when there will be no more basic new-old model phones on eBay? It’s really shameful that big carrier, like the VZW is, cannot provide a good basic phones for their customers.
I did all of this and more with VZW tech support. Now, the phone is connected.
Angeld, I read your story one more time. Fantastic!!! It’s laughable and the same time very dramatic. Especially, when you are saying that: “a phone that made me cry” or “they sent me a lg envy ... See more...
Angeld, I read your story one more time. Fantastic!!! It’s laughable and the same time very dramatic. Especially, when you are saying that: “a phone that made me cry” or “they sent me a lg envy that phone was scary” When I read this: “cause  verizon has hurt me so badly im wounded”, and this “i cry more than  smile these days  when n i see  verizon stores  commericals” , I began to cry. This isn’t LOL. I recently “upgraded” my old phone, which was more like a downgrade. 3 phones in 3 weeks – none of them were working correctly. My heart goes with you. So, I beg you, don’t take Samsung Intensity III, because this phone is more scary than LG envy, it will make you cry and your wounds could be reopen. And please, stop watching Verizon commercials!
Angeld, Don’t cry….just leave the company I don’t want disappoint you, but your message will not be sent to the CEO or the President if your letter will not be addressed and mailed to them.
I don’t know if this will make you feel better, but maybe the Brightside is not the worst Samsung phone in the basic phones collection. There is a commentator in the ‘worst category’ – Samsung I... See more...
I don’t know if this will make you feel better, but maybe the Brightside is not the worst Samsung phone in the basic phones collection. There is a commentator in the ‘worst category’ – Samsung Intensity III. This is the worst phone I have ever had. I went through 3 devices in 3 weeks. Problems: a very poor signal (when other models in the same location had good signal), cracking voice, echo, and the alarm is not working, etc. I spent hours with VZW tech support and…I gave up. I did not even ask them to replace the phone by different model. There is nothing to choose from. I purchased Samsung Sway on eBay.
I originally stated that the alarm is working in my phone. It worked, when I set the alarm frequency for ‘daily’. I didn’t know that it will not work when I set for a different frequency. When ... See more...
I originally stated that the alarm is working in my phone. It worked, when I set the alarm frequency for ‘daily’. I didn’t know that it will not work when I set for a different frequency. When I set the frequency for ‘once’ (tried a few times) – the alarm did NOT go off.  Did you ever find out what the glitch is?
Yes, you are right. I lost my upgrade. Also, it’s true that I could buy the phone on eBay… if I knew then what I know now. In the past, I never had problem with any of my phones. Doing an upgrade... See more...
Yes, you are right. I lost my upgrade. Also, it’s true that I could buy the phone on eBay… if I knew then what I know now. In the past, I never had problem with any of my phones. Doing an upgrade with the VZW was a normal thing for me. I didn’t expect that Samsung Intensity III would be a junk phone.  My last upgrade was 4 years ago. I had $50.00 ‘new every two’ credit on my account, which was used for an upgrade.  I lost the $50.00 credit paying for Samsung Intensity III. Sometimes we learn from our mistakes or from a bad experience. Three weeks ago I did not know that I could buy a phone on eBay and activate with VZW without paying $30.00. Samsung Sway is coming from …eBay – keep your fingers crossed for me.
I am NOT SELLING the phone on eBay. Three weeks ago I “upgraded” my old Samsung Sway to a new Samsung Intensity III through VZW and paid $30.00 upgrade fee. In three weeks I went through thre... See more...
I am NOT SELLING the phone on eBay. Three weeks ago I “upgraded” my old Samsung Sway to a new Samsung Intensity III through VZW and paid $30.00 upgrade fee. In three weeks I went through three phones – all with problems. Samsung Intensity III is a junk. Today I resolved my issue with VZW. They refunded $30.00 upgrade fee, and I purchased Samsung Sway on eBay.
What is your point? Was I lucky that approx 20 VZW employees were nice to me? Every conversation is a “two way street”
Samsung Intensity III - this is the worst phone they ever made. Somehow I was able to pair to my car, and then I got a terrible echo when I was on the phone out of my car. Today I found that the ... See more...
Samsung Intensity III - this is the worst phone they ever made. Somehow I was able to pair to my car, and then I got a terrible echo when I was on the phone out of my car. Today I found that the alarm is not working.  I gave up on this model – I had three phones in three weeks!!! I purchased Samsung Sway on eBay, spoke with VZW today and the $30.00 upgrade fee were refunded. Lewisr13, it’s not even worth of your time to seek for a solution.
Log in to your VZW account’. Next to the picture of your phone you will see: Eligible for a discount on DATE.
I think that most people who cannot resolve problems with the VZW have an attitude problem. Wise saying:  you can get more with honey than with vinegar. Since I “upgraded” my old Samsung Swa... See more...
I think that most people who cannot resolve problems with the VZW have an attitude problem. Wise saying:  you can get more with honey than with vinegar. Since I “upgraded” my old Samsung Sway to a new Samsung Intensity III, in the past three weeks I spent many hours dealing with the VZW store employees, customer service reps, and tech support people. The phone was replaced two times, and I had no problem getting the replacements. The third phone did not working how I expected. Today I called VZW customer service and said I don’t need anymore trouble shooting and I wanted find a resolution, which will be satisfactory to both of us. After a short conversation with a customer service rep, I was connected with a tech support. I told him that I don’t need any more trouble shooting on the Samsung Intensity III because I already spent HOURS doing that on three devices. We spoke about what the VZW could offer me, about replacements with different phones, etc. Our conversation ended with me offering the resolution that could satisfy me, which was to keep this phone and my account will be credited for the $30.00 “upgrade” fee and I will buy Samsung Sway on eBay. NO PROBLEM.  My account was credited and I was advise about the ESN number and activation. Why I had no problems with the VZW employees and other people have? The answer is simple. I did not have attitude when I was spoke to them. So if you want the problem to be resolved, put your anger in you pocket before you start the conversation. You can say that you are angry, frustrated, etc like I did, but add that you understand that this is not their fault that the manufactures makes a crap phones.
Dwdowty is correct.- you can only block up to 5 phone numbers at one time. Also, blocks will expire 90 days from the date you set your first blocked number. You can reestablish Call & Message Blo... See more...
Dwdowty is correct.- you can only block up to 5 phone numbers at one time. Also, blocks will expire 90 days from the date you set your first blocked number. You can reestablish Call & Message Blocking, by visiting My Verizon after the previous blocks expire. There is another option, if you like to pay $4.99 a month for ‘Usage Controls’. You can block 20 numbers and there is no expiration date.