Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,199 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

bb-gismo's Posts

We live in a " no service " zone and have no problems with Messages or E-Mail but Voice is a No Go....... So in our case it does work.      
Why not just set up your Storm to recieve your e-mails at the same time as your PC. ? The setup details are in your instruction / user book.        
A lot depends on how the corprate billing is set up , some may want detailed billing , some may not. If your corp is the former I believe I would stop what ever your doing , and fast. Corp can a... See more...
A lot depends on how the corprate billing is set up , some may want detailed billing , some may not. If your corp is the former I believe I would stop what ever your doing , and fast. Corp can and will request a lot of detailed info if they smell a rat. If your not on a corp account , at least slow down , to many calls or messages to one number is a dead giveaway. Dont even ask how I know this.      
Your 10 digit Verizon Wireless number is yor area code and phone number........ ( 1234567890 )        
[QUOTE]  As a customer and I bet many others feel the same way I do, we feel it is not right to be forced to pay charges we do not want. I think that goes for all phones, including smart phones. ... See more...
[QUOTE]  As a customer and I bet many others feel the same way I do, we feel it is not right to be forced to pay charges we do not want. I think that goes for all phones, including smart phones. I think a lot more people would pay for the more expensive phone like blackberries when they can choose if they want the internet or not. I feel like being forced with these charges is going to hurt the company rather than help it.  [END QUOTE]     I am sure that others as well as I would agree with you on the subject of charges for data/text  on the smartphones. However I can't complain sense the store I bought mine and wife Storms from took the time and trouble to explain to us that there would be extra charges attached to our purchase , ie: data / text / vzNav / Rhapsodie and such. I am so sorry that the people never explained these charges to you before you bought yours. Shame on them, Shame, Shame. I also feel that if you want to buy a $500 phone that will not work without a data plan, you should have that right. If you choose to have it for a paperweight, that is your business, not theirs .... I am outraged at RIMs audacity to charge for a product they make, update and maintain just for us and our computerized paperweights. Carry on the good fight for ALL of us. Now I have to write a letter to Ford Motor Co. and complain loudly that they sold me a car that I have to put gas in to keep it running. Needless to say I am livid about this. They never told me I would need new tires and gas for it plus I have a 4 year contract on the dang thing. ( but this is another subject, sorry to rant on your excellent posting) Carry on.....
1st you need to define a few things......   a. which BB do you have ? b. Which OS is on your BB now ? c. Do you have BB Desktop Manager ?   After  this information the people here can help,... See more...
1st you need to define a few things......   a. which BB do you have ? b. Which OS is on your BB now ? c. Do you have BB Desktop Manager ?   After  this information the people here can help, with no info, no help. We would be shooting in the dark.      
Every thing works for me except the Voice things. Do I need to press 1 for English or lose my southern accent.        
In a word " NO ".   You can buy a BB but it wont work without the data ($30) plan.            
The picture on the main (home) screen and the theme are two different things and can be separated. Like someone said before me. Delete the new theme and change to the default or keep the new theme... See more...
The picture on the main (home) screen and the theme are two different things and can be separated. Like someone said before me. Delete the new theme and change to the default or keep the new theme and select the default. It depends on if you want to keep the new theme for use later........... Good Luck
I can only assume that you have tried highlighting the offending icon and used the BB menu to delete it. You said you tried to delete it with the books. You said you didn't want to sweep it und... See more...
I can only assume that you have tried highlighting the offending icon and used the BB menu to delete it. You said you tried to delete it with the books. You said you didn't want to sweep it under the rug.   Doesn't leave a whole lot of choices, Having said all that, sometimes the really smart ones on here aren't on here when you think they should be, but one day they show up and all will be made whole again.   Be ready with the OS your are using. When did it show up ?, after the last app download ?, after the last OS upgrade ?, When ? What else have you tried ? Things like that..................  Good Luck with it.   (one day Ill find a vacuum that will suck the stuff out from under my rug )
Thank you for the information presented in a civil tone.   I stopped at a VWS store today and asked the same question and was told that its not 100% but it looked like April would be the launch... See more...
Thank you for the information presented in a civil tone.   I stopped at a VWS store today and asked the same question and was told that its not 100% but it looked like April would be the launch date with VWS. The girl I talked to had been , somewhere ,I forget where she said, and there was a prototype being demonstrated. Her words " Its going to be a kick **bleep** phone"      
I am 67 and was a construction type for 50 odd years so my fingers are like ham butts. Been looking at one of these .......... http://shop.crackberry.com/freedom-universal-bluetooth-keyboard/14... See more...
I am 67 and was a construction type for 50 odd years so my fingers are like ham butts. Been looking at one of these .......... http://shop.crackberry.com/freedom-universal-bluetooth-keyboard/14A42A229.htm   Thinking this is a way to go......
To whom it may concern;           I did do a search for [  Google Phone  ] before I posted my question. My search did not produce a thread with that term in it so I asked. I did not know at th... See more...
To whom it may concern;           I did do a search for [  Google Phone  ] before I posted my question. My search did not produce a thread with that term in it so I asked. I did not know at the time that the Google phone had a name  [  NEXUS 1  ] , had I known that  , I would have searched for that.  The comment about doing a search is not what irked me , it was the ... Buddy.... part. Very condescending in my eyes.   So.... having defended myself , Do with me as you will.  I plead  ' Not Guilty '        
Well.... Excuse me.....   {no personal comments, please}. It wont happen again..........    
Does anyone know if the Google phone will work and be supported by Verizon ?   It does look interesting...  
Radio Shack, if they dont have it , they dont make it.......      
I have a folder I made called "STUFF" in to whitch I put all the STUFF I dont want or need and then HIDE the folder.   If all else fails , this was my sulution.     ( The turm STUFF is anoth... See more...
I have a folder I made called "STUFF" in to whitch I put all the STUFF I dont want or need and then HIDE the folder.   If all else fails , this was my sulution.     ( The turm STUFF is another word for Popo )      
  LeonardM wrote: An easier way to navigate to the Stop "pscyho calling" is to go to vzw.com/spamcontrols   There you can block 5.   If you have 20 "psychos" calling you will need to ord... See more...
  LeonardM wrote: An easier way to navigate to the Stop "pscyho calling" is to go to vzw.com/spamcontrols   There you can block 5.   If you have 20 "psychos" calling you will need to order Usage Controls vzw.com/usagecontrols to block them all.     Went there and this is what I got...............................   ____________________________________________________________________________________________________     Page is unavailable The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist. Here's what you can do: Click your browser's Refresh button to try reconnecting Check the spelling of the URL to make sure the address is correct (capitalization and punctuation are important) and then click your browser's Refresh button Go to Verizon Wireless Home Page    
      VWS dosent have ANY downloads of APPs or wallpapers for the Storm 1 or 2 that I have been able to find.   Go to this site for APPs and Stuff for your Storm.....    http://na.blackber... See more...
      VWS dosent have ANY downloads of APPs or wallpapers for the Storm 1 or 2 that I have been able to find.   Go to this site for APPs and Stuff for your Storm.....    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/      
http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/Verizon-Wireless-Mobile-IM-Instant-Messaging-service-will-be/td-p/141778