Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,008 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jlsoaz's Posts

I'd like for the fees for dialing when traveling overseas to be less outrageous.  If Verizon can pay that much money to buy out Vodafone's stake, it can probably find a way to pay a few people to... See more...
I'd like for the fees for dialing when traveling overseas to be less outrageous.  If Verizon can pay that much money to buy out Vodafone's stake, it can probably find a way to pay a few people to research and achieve better relationships with overseas carriers, particularly in certain obvious countries, so that Verizon customers are not told, in effect, to get lost if they want to use voice and data, on their own Verizon phone number, at anything approaching reasonable verizon rates, when traveling overseas, such as in the UK. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/09/03/verizon-and-vodafones-130-billion-buyout-was-settled-over-breakfast/ Verizon and Vodafone’s $130 billion buyout was settled over breakfast By Brian Fung, Published: September 3 at 10:18 am
Ok, I have got my phone working (returning to the States tomorrow, but good to know I could get it done).  The answer, for me, was: - buy a headphone with a microphone to speak, since I left m... See more...
Ok, I have got my phone working (returning to the States tomorrow, but good to know I could get it done).  The answer, for me, was: - buy a headphone with a microphone to speak, since I left mine at home. - using Skype and my laptop, call Verizon Global Services Team at: 800-711-8300 - at one point the tech support person thought there might be something wrong with my phone but basically I apparently needed to: - go to settings->more settings->Mobile Networks->Network Mode - change from Global to GSM/UMTS to reflect the types of signal available in the country I am in (which I would not have known if the customer service agent were not on the line to match up my country with her knowledge of the signals there) - next (and this turned out to be important, though for a few minutes I didn't get this right) change something from automatic to manual - this is what allowed the phone to start searching for the local networks and identify one. - next there were four networks identified and I just chose one and the phone worked. In the final analysis, the costs to use the phone over here are nose-bleed high, but it would still have been helpful for quick receptions, to call folks back on the office phone, to receive a few important SMS txt messages, etc. Glad to see Verizon provide me with a second phone that works overseas (I used to have another one but something happened to it) .  Next, I look forward to Verizon making a better and more appropriate effort to: - provide better answers to folks trying to use the web and email to communicate in the absence of overseas call capability. - provide more reasonable overseas dialing and receiving rates. - provide more reasonable overseas data rates.
Thanks, this also was helpful.  I'll try to remember to access Verizon Wireless, in general, from Chrome. Between their inability to hire a motivated and talented programmer and turn them loos... See more...
Thanks, this also was helpful.  I'll try to remember to access Verizon Wireless, in general, from Chrome. Between their inability to hire a motivated and talented programmer and turn them loose (and get out of their way) to run the website, and, in general, their overall predilection for making it difficult to get good service (and rates) in certain circumstances, I sometimes wonder.  Probably, like many large US organization, they have 17,000,000 people (or so) running around who are really good with MS Office, have MBAs or the like and who can justify their jobs in meetings all day long, but they can't seem to orient themselves to serving the needs of some customers.
Thanks. So, I guess the idea is to "follow" them on Verizon and not on twitter. I had to sign off IE and sign in to the forum on Chrome (I think there may be some issue with java turned off or ... See more...
Thanks. So, I guess the idea is to "follow" them on Verizon and not on twitter. I had to sign off IE and sign in to the forum on Chrome (I think there may be some issue with java turned off or something?) but then I managed to get the follow button to work on John's page.
Hi and thanks for the offer of support: I went here: http://twitter.com/ logged in to my account and did a search on: John_VZW and on @John_VZW https://twitter.com/search/realtime... See more...
Hi and thanks for the offer of support: I went here: http://twitter.com/ logged in to my account and did a search on: John_VZW and on @John_VZW https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=John_VZW&src=typd The only people result it appears to give me is: john newbern      @john3333vzw So is that you?  If it is not, could you possibly provide better instructions for getting in touch with you than to say I should "follow you"?  I know nothing about how to use Twitter and do not know the tricks for finding people and sending private messages. I see that I am already "following" the general verizon tech support account.  Exactly how do I send a *private* message to Verizon tech support on Twitter?  (This is not a rhetorical question: I do not see how to do this.) You might say: "Well evidently you don't know how to use twitter."  I"d say "Yes, that's absolutely true.  We agree.".  I'm not sure how that gets me any customer support, but we agree.
I am in a foreign country and wishing my Samsung S3 would simply work, both voice and data.  Can anyone say as to how to get this one.  The only thing I know for certain is I am not going to spen... See more...
I am in a foreign country and wishing my Samsung S3 would simply work, both voice and data.  Can anyone say as to how to get this one.  The only thing I know for certain is I am not going to spend hours trying to get this done. I will provide details to Verizon reps if they contact me privately and if I have time. I can't recall for certain if and what conversations I had with Verizon before I left the states.  I believe they claimed that even though my S3 did not work properly last year, it would do so this year due to updates on the OS side.  However, I don't know for certain. If I recall, this is a community board, I will post my question directly to Verizon, privately, if they will direct me where to do so.  I cannot dial in at present to Verizon support, and once I get to the office am not likely to spend time trying to do so.  If I recall the last time the question came up of corresponding directly with Verizon over email or web, someone suggested Twitter which I did try and where to my knowledge I never got a response.  For more than one reason, I will not be trying that again at this time.
Hi commonsense101: Thanks for the thought.  The Rezound has the same identical problem to the HTC Incredible 4G LTE which is that neither of them has officially been said by Verizon to be glob... See more...
Hi commonsense101: Thanks for the thought.  The Rezound has the same identical problem to the HTC Incredible 4G LTE which is that neither of them has officially been said by Verizon to be global ready.  I realize there have been rumors and personal statements from Verizon users that the Rezound is having a software update pushed out to make it global ready.  In the meantime Verizon apparently cannot steer its way to making clear official information available as to whether these phones will have global ready supported and when and what bands.  I would prefer not to spend this kind of money on any of these phones until I am sure that Verizon will support this feature. I wonder why these software update send-outs take so many weeks or months?  I wonder why it takes so long for Verizon to make these matters official?  Is it necessary, or just Verizon taking its time?  Inherently resource-intensive software or network processes?  Manipulation of customers toward Motorola?  Or perhaps necessary caution in the face of complicated and risky changes?  Caution from HTC?  Or some other reasons perhaps?
This article seemed somewhat helpful: http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-HTC-DROID-Incredible-4G-LTE-will-eventually-get-Global-Roaming-support_id31999 The HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE will ev... See more...
This article seemed somewhat helpful: http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-HTC-DROID-Incredible-4G-LTE-will-eventually-get-Global-Roaming-support_id31999 The HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE will eventually get Global Roaming support Posted: 3 days ago, 12:11, by FAUguy
Hi - Thanks for the useful link: http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-HTC-DROID-Incredible-4G-LTE-will-eventually-get-Global-Roaming-support_id31999 The HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE will eventua... See more...
Hi - Thanks for the useful link: http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-HTC-DROID-Incredible-4G-LTE-will-eventually-get-Global-Roaming-support_id31999 The HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE will eventually get Global Roaming support Posted: 3 days ago, 12:11, by FAUguy It's very nice for Verizon that they can apparently, if they choose, enable these phones for Global Ready, and I'm glad for maybe the first time to read some confirmation, from somewhere, that this phone will have global capability sometime.  However, I find it a bit difficult to spend $500 on a phone when it may, or may not, have global capability enabled when I need it.  In trying to figure this out, I'm hoping there's some reason (and a good one) why they are holding back on doing this expeditiously other than the possibility that they have little-to-no respect for customers. I'll post this link over here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/776008 Combining 4G LTE & global ready capability?
Hello everyone: Has anyone made any further progress on trying suss out where Verizon is going with this overall matter of 4G LTE phones that are also global ready?  We can see from their webs... See more...
Hello everyone: Has anyone made any further progress on trying suss out where Verizon is going with this overall matter of 4G LTE phones that are also global ready?  We can see from their website that they came out (finally) with the HTC Incredible 4G LTE, but that it is not listed as Global Ready.  The only options we have (still) are the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX.  I was considering buying the MAXX, despite the lack of battery interchangeability, but a few of the reviews online seem to indicate a possible problem with dropped calls (3G?), and so I have held off (i.e.: if I am going to pay close to $700 for a phone, I'd prefer that it actually work for that phone-call type stuff, though these may have just been isolated and not representative reviews?). Regarding the discussion we were having about the possibility that other 4G LTE phones may or may not get enabled to work in GSM territory abroad, Verizon's website and other outlets for information appear to be silent on providing a clear and official answer.  I'm reluctant to buy an expensive (for me) phone just going by non-official non-OEM statements of what features might be enabled in the future, but this discussion seems to be so far the only place I've been able to develop further information, along with a couple of Verizon customer service representatives who seemed a bit more knowledgeable than others on this matter. The timing for me is bad.  I feel like I have held off for as long as I can.
Hello ^KH Thanks for posting this information.  It appears that the phone is not global ready, so for now I will stay with considering the RAZR Maxx.
Thanks, good finally to have this solid information from Verizon, as to this model. As to the separate-but-very-much-related issue of some Verizon customers requiring, but not getting, really ... See more...
Thanks, good finally to have this solid information from Verizon, as to this model. As to the separate-but-very-much-related issue of some Verizon customers requiring, but not getting, really excellent detailed clarification on global roaming issues and unlocking issues on this and other models, I personally think Verizon's lack of issuance of clear information is quite disappointing and may even be said to reflect some disrespect for some customers. jl
Ok, thanks.  I still see no way to get my GSM question answered, so I am out of luck on that I guess.
Hi Ann154.  Where are the specifications available for viewing?  Does anyone know if Verizon itself ever answers these sorts of questions and in what forum?
Dear Verizon, 1.  When is the Verizon HTC Incredible 4G LTE coming out? 2.  Will it have GSM capability when traveling abroad, so we can avoid switching over to a different phone and phone nu... See more...
Dear Verizon, 1.  When is the Verizon HTC Incredible 4G LTE coming out? 2.  Will it have GSM capability when traveling abroad, so we can avoid switching over to a different phone and phone number for those trips? 3.  Will it have any data capability when traveling abroad? Thanks for any answers you might provide, jlsoaz customer since Q1 2009
Thanks.  It was Rezound, RAZR and Bionic which Verizon told me would have this updated capability issued.   So, we have had folks weigh in and indicate both RAZR and Rezound, from what they knpow... See more...
Thanks.  It was Rezound, RAZR and Bionic which Verizon told me would have this updated capability issued.   So, we have had folks weigh in and indicate both RAZR and Rezound, from what they knpow. I have to say I don't think customers should have to spend quite so much time trying to figure out the pathway for getting reception to our phone numbers when traveling abroad, and it is disappointing that Verizon has not made clear whether the HTC 4G lte Incredible will have the ability to function on GSM. Yes, each of us has had some good responsiveness from CS agents, but the information still seems to be trickling in.   It is certainly an excellent thing to learn that apparently some of the 4g phones are (to what degree?) being issued with some travel-abroad capabilities.  But: which ones? This is apart from the nasty-bad (to the point of being disrespectful of customers) rates that we have to pay abroad even when we achieve a Verizon connection, ...   but let's assume some of us are willing to pay those rates sometimes while waiting for Verizon (circa 2027 I predict) to get rates more in-line with reality.  This is also apart from the discussion of unlocking (I don't think they're so terrible about it, but it all seems to be sort of half-soto-voce, and there should be an official policy if there is not already.)
Thanks for this reply.  I don't have any of these phones yet, so I'm still wondering if I hold out for a Verizon HTC Incredible 4g LTE if that will be the smart play - if it will give me some add... See more...
Thanks for this reply.  I don't have any of these phones yet, so I'm still wondering if I hold out for a Verizon HTC Incredible 4g LTE if that will be the smart play - if it will give me some added capability over one of the RAZR's.  Also, it was interesting to read some alllusion to Verizon's extremely high overseas rates and using other sim cards when overseas.  I'll have to read through some other threads to see if there is added information on workarounds for that.
I have been holding out for an HTC Incredible 4G LTE device because an authorized Verizon dealer (but not a Verizon-owned store) told me a couple of months ago that it looked like it would be Ver... See more...
I have been holding out for an HTC Incredible 4G LTE device because an authorized Verizon dealer (but not a Verizon-owned store) told me a couple of months ago that it looked like it would be Verizon's first "tri-mode" (for want of better words) phone - i.e.: it will work on GSM, 4G-LTE and older 3g/CDMA (or whatever I should call them) networks. However,Verizon is taking its sweet time about bringing this phone out and in the meantime Verizon support will not confirm for me this capability. In the meantime, a Verizon customer service person recently told me that Verizon will be modifying the software side of the Rezound, RAZR and Bionic so they can do GSM, but that there was no timetable.  I was disappointed not to get a timetable.  The net effect is that I keep checking my hardware upgrade path and filters and if I check off both 4G and Global Ready then I get no phones So, I came here to write this out for two reasons.  First I'd like to hear from any fellow Verizon customers who may use this to see what their thoughts are, particularly if you regularly travel outside the US and have considered different options of what to do.  For example, in the past I have maintained a Verizon Escapade that I own for travel outside the US, but this is just not a good solution to me any more.  It's hard to make blanket statements about whether it's worth it for another user to stay with Verizon, but for you is Verizon worth it, given their failures on this front?  Even if I get a GSM capable phone, the cost of holding a conversation when receiving a call at my number in London, for example, will be so absurdly high that I will just use it to ask the caller if I can call them back, and then I will have to figure out a wifi or skype or vonage or other solution.  For me Verizon has so far been sort of worth it for reception and maybe one or two other reasons, but they tend to kind of "intensely dissatisfy" me on some points. The other reason I came here was to see if anyone (Verizon CS or otherwise) could offer insight on my expectations for the GSM capability of the Incredible 4g LTE or some of the Android 4g LTE phones I've mentioned.  I've been checking that filter for one or two months and every day it has turned up blank (plenty of selection at ATT Wireless though).  However, today it shows that the RAZR and RAZR MAXX will offer me both "4G" (is this the same thing as 4G LTE) and "Global Ready" capability.  So, maybe  Verizon has finally officially made this possible?  Can anyone confirm?  If so, does it work properly, out of the box?  Would rather not be walking along on some expensive call on some street outside the US and have the call dropped due to poor glitchy early tech implementation.
Ok, thanks. 
Hi: I'm posting this to let Verizon Wireless know I received an email today that filtered into my Verizon Wireless email folder, where I usually receive my monthly bills, however something seemed... See more...
Hi: I'm posting this to let Verizon Wireless know I received an email today that filtered into my Verizon Wireless email folder, where I usually receive my monthly bills, however something seemed wrong.  I received four different copies.  I looked at it, and it did look like it was from VW, with appropriate graphics and approx. monthly bill I"d expect, but when I looked beneath the links, it appears to be something maliciously mis-diwas clear that it was something false and perhaps malicious.  I clicked on nothing. If someone from VW would like, please get in touch with me by phone or txt or email, and let me know what email address I should forward this to, and I will send the email with headers, and with the underlying target URL pointed out, if wanted. jl