Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,436 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

jav6's Posts

@bkorek wrote: Jav6,   I’m talking about the “Network Extender” firmware update that caused this problem. I was told by their Tier 2 Tech Support team.    - Brian  That is the first, all ... See more...
@bkorek wrote: Jav6,   I’m talking about the “Network Extender” firmware update that caused this problem. I was told by their Tier 2 Tech Support team.    - Brian  That is the first, all day, info that points to a Network Extender firmware update.  Does the extenders' admin page show you a firmware version that can be checked by others?
@randys12 wrote: I don’t know what advanced calling is please explain your comment because I have Wi-Fi calling On my Android moto Z4, Advanced Calling/HD Voice and Video Calling activates Wi... See more...
@randys12 wrote: I don’t know what advanced calling is please explain your comment because I have Wi-Fi calling On my Android moto Z4, Advanced Calling/HD Voice and Video Calling activates WiFi calling if I have WiFi turned on.  Without the Advanced Calling ON, WiFi calling is OFF, even with WiFi ON.
@randys12 wrote: Do you know how to use Wi-Fi calling? Go into settings on your phone then go to phone then enable Wi-Fi calling, pretty sure any phone made in the last five years has this option... See more...
@randys12 wrote: Do you know how to use Wi-Fi calling? Go into settings on your phone then go to phone then enable Wi-Fi calling, pretty sure any phone made in the last five years has this option.  The phone needs to support Advanced Calling.
@Wilber690 wrote: I'm having the same problem on my 4G LTE Extender in Lewes, Delaware. I've been on their technical chat site for hours with no info being provided about the problem This is ... See more...
@Wilber690 wrote: I'm having the same problem on my 4G LTE Extender in Lewes, Delaware. I've been on their technical chat site for hours with no info being provided about the problem This is a known nationwide outage affecting 4G Network Extenders. As posted in this thread two hours ago: Initial thread from this morning: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Extender-2-stuck-on-11a/m-p/1175676#M... If you can, use WiFi calling until resolved.
@bkorek wrote: Verizon failed to properly test the firmware update before sending it out to all of us paying customers. There is nothing we can do but wait for Verizon to fix their screwup and se... See more...
@bkorek wrote: Verizon failed to properly test the firmware update before sending it out to all of us paying customers. There is nothing we can do but wait for Verizon to fix their screwup and send us a new update.  This is an example of Verizon not being as careful as they should during this lockdown where we’re all relying on them more than ever.  Disappointing! Where did you hear or see that it was a firmware update causing the issue?  And, firmware update to what, the end devices or network servers?
@JustJohn wrote: Was there some kind of update pushed to these devices because I, as of today, have this issue. The device has been working fine for the past year and nothing has changed on my ne... See more...
@JustJohn wrote: Was there some kind of update pushed to these devices because I, as of today, have this issue. The device has been working fine for the past year and nothing has changed on my network. Same symptom the other users are experiencing. Is there a reason this is taken more than a week to respond to? There is a nationwide outage affecting 4G Network Extenders today.  Are you sure this isn't what your issue is today? https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Extender-2-stuck-on-11a/m-p/1175676#M4160
@maurine1979 wrote: 4G Network Extender stuck on 11a of 14, been that way for hours, is there an issue on Verizon's end? Known issue nationwide affecting 4G Network Extenders with no ETA for ... See more...
@maurine1979 wrote: 4G Network Extender stuck on 11a of 14, been that way for hours, is there an issue on Verizon's end? Known issue nationwide affecting 4G Network Extenders with no ETA for resolution.  See initial thread from this morning. https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Extender-2-stuck-on-11a/m-p/1175676#M4160 If you have access to Advanced Calling on your phone, you might be able to use WiFi calling.
@andyng74 wrote: No LTE for now Known nationwide outage with no ETA of resolution.  See initial thread from this morning. https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Exten... See more...
@andyng74 wrote: No LTE for now Known nationwide outage with no ETA of resolution.  See initial thread from this morning. https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Extender-2-stuck-on-11a/m-p/1175676#M4160 You can also try WiFi calling if you have that available.
@krollmj wrote: Network Extender 2 stuck on 11a of 14. Is there an outage today July 22, 2020 near Elmira, MI Known nationwide outage affecting 4G Network Extenders.  Initial thread from this... See more...
@krollmj wrote: Network Extender 2 stuck on 11a of 14. Is there an outage today July 22, 2020 near Elmira, MI Known nationwide outage affecting 4G Network Extenders.  Initial thread from this morning: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Extender-2-stuck-on-11a/m-p/1175676#M4160 You can try using WiFi calling if you have that option.
Initial thread from this morning: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Extender-2-stuck-on-11a/m-p/1175676#M4160 If you can, use WiFi calling until resolved.
@evanol wrote: Extender has always worked fine, got this message while it was rebooting and won't go past There are several active threads on this issue, the first being  https://community.v... See more...
@evanol wrote: Extender has always worked fine, got this message while it was rebooting and won't go past There are several active threads on this issue, the first being  https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Extender-2-stuck-on-11a/m-p/1175676#M4160 Known nationwide outage, with no ETA on resolution.  Switch to WiFi calling if you can.
@Rick2100 wrote: I've been terrible on 11a for five hours (that I know of).   Will Verizon let all of us know when they fix the problem?   Don't count on it.  The extenders, if left on, will ... See more...
@Rick2100 wrote: I've been terrible on 11a for five hours (that I know of).   Will Verizon let all of us know when they fix the problem?   Don't count on it.  The extenders, if left on, will probably just start working.  People posting here that they are working will probably be your clue.
@Hyflite711 wrote: Network extender is stuck on 11a. Have tried rebooting, reset, restart but can’t get past 11a It is NOT a WiFi extender.  It is a 4G signal extender and there is another ac... See more...
@Hyflite711 wrote: Network extender is stuck on 11a. Have tried rebooting, reset, restart but can’t get past 11a It is NOT a WiFi extender.  It is a 4G signal extender and there is another active thread discussing this outage with updates.
@l33tpmp1 wrote: Same here. After reboot I'm stuck on Step 6. "Connection to Initial Management Server".. Since both steps 6 and 11a involve the Management Server they are obviously having issues... See more...
@l33tpmp1 wrote: Same here. After reboot I'm stuck on Step 6. "Connection to Initial Management Server".. Since both steps 6 and 11a involve the Management Server they are obviously having issues on their end. Where are you seeing 'Connection to Initial Management Server' ? Step 6 is connection to your internet router as far as I can see.
@randys12 wrote: On hold now but you are saying they have told you or someone this is known and being worked on right?  Yes, posted earlier.  Unfortunately, I did NOT ask for the ticket numbe... See more...
@randys12 wrote: On hold now but you are saying they have told you or someone this is known and being worked on right?  Yes, posted earlier.  Unfortunately, I did NOT ask for the ticket number and not sure they would have given it to me.  You might ask if/when you get someone.
@BrownB1 wrote: I'm having same issue; IP address of Initial Gateway is showing up as 141.207.197.235.  That address belongs to VerizonWireless.  Are you using VZW for your internet access?  ... See more...
@BrownB1 wrote: I'm having same issue; IP address of Initial Gateway is showing up as 141.207.197.235.  That address belongs to VerizonWireless.  Are you using VZW for your internet access?  The 'Initial Gateway' may NOT be the Secure Gateway the extender uses.  You would have to see what your DNS server (in your extender or router) is and then see what IP address that DNS server resolves sg.vzwfemto.com (Secure Gateway) to.
@randys12 wrote: How do you get human on call to Verizon?  Only let’s me do virtual work text link.  I waited a while and then it said I am waiting.  I called 611.  Is there a better way? I c... See more...
@randys12 wrote: How do you get human on call to Verizon?  Only let’s me do virtual work text link.  I waited a while and then it said I am waiting.  I called 611.  Is there a better way? I called 800-922-0204 earlier and going thru the prompts to Technical Support, I got an agent.  She transferred me to the next level support who after a considerable wait, came on and provided the update.
@randys12 wrote: Do you use both? Whenever I leave Wi-Fi calling on when the extender is working it causes all kinds of problems I don't have the 4G Extender at my current location so I use W... See more...
@randys12 wrote: Do you use both? Whenever I leave Wi-Fi calling on when the extender is working it causes all kinds of problems I don't have the 4G Extender at my current location so I use WiFi calling.  I'm getting one for a remote location though.
@randys12 wrote: Thanks, I’m assuming you’re using Wi-Fi calling when this is down? I do use WiFi calling.
@randys12 wrote: If it takes 48 hours to fix should we unplug it until later because leaving it plugged in could cause damage with it being stuck I wonder? I doubt leaving it plugged in would... See more...
@randys12 wrote: If it takes 48 hours to fix should we unplug it until later because leaving it plugged in could cause damage with it being stuck I wonder? I doubt leaving it plugged in would make it more susceptible to damage.  All it is doing is sending packets over and over again, trying to establish normal communication with the Security Gateway server.   Sending packets is normal operation whether establishing communication or normal communication when service is working.  Leaving it plugged it would help it to come back in service immediately when the SG server is back in service.  If you can get signal elsewhere without the extender, then you might want to unplug it so your phones work on the other signal.