Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,389 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jav6's Posts

@Oneifby wrote: Please ignore this post.  I am trying to figure out how to delete it. There is NO way for us users to delete a thread/post once posted.  An agent might be able to.  As for you... See more...
@Oneifby wrote: Please ignore this post.  I am trying to figure out how to delete it. There is NO way for us users to delete a thread/post once posted.  An agent might be able to.  As for your issue, it looks like you had your pin in one of the fields of your contact info.  The new Message+ version apparently displays all these contact methods instead of just the phone number(s).  There is a new version fixing this issue coming next week.
@vzw_customer_support wrote: We always want our customers to have great options with our apps and services, LainieRMac. We are here to help.   The Message+ app would search all of your accounts... See more...
@vzw_customer_support wrote: We always want our customers to have great options with our apps and services, LainieRMac. We are here to help.   The Message+ app would search all of your accounts on your phone typing in a name to start a new message. This was also how the app worked before as well. However, once you type in the full name of what contact you were looking for, it should populate as the first choice.   We are very sorry, but that feature of the app cannot be turned off.   StevenG_VZW     No, that option might not be able to be turned off, but the latest version changed how the contacts were displayed.  Now the EMAIL addresses are displayed FIRST, INSTEAD of PHONE numbers as previously displayed.  You should be aware that the Messaging Team has a fix for this 'email first, then phone numbers for contacts' issue and will be rolling it out next week.
@herkydog wrote: The typing assist feature that automatically pops up words as you type a text does not work with the Verizon app on my MotoZ4.  Anyone else have this problem and do you know a so... See more...
@herkydog wrote: The typing assist feature that automatically pops up words as you type a text does not work with the Verizon app on my MotoZ4.  Anyone else have this problem and do you know a solution? Thanks I think I figured it out.   If the 'Suggestion strip' doesn't show up which is the issue, I think, press and hold the keyboard comma/smiley face icon and three icons should show up.  Slide up and select the gearbox for keyboard Settings. Select 'Text correction' from the list and enable the 'Show suggestion strip'.  Whew!   It works for me on both my moto z4 and Droid Turbo 2.
@herkydog wrote: The typing assist feature that automatically pops up words as you type a text does not work with the Verizon app on my MotoZ4.  Anyone else have this problem and do you know a so... See more...
@herkydog wrote: The typing assist feature that automatically pops up words as you type a text does not work with the Verizon app on my MotoZ4.  Anyone else have this problem and do you know a solution? Thanks It was working for me with my moto z4 until I went into the message settings and turned off the typing assistant (or something) to see if it was just a toggle.  Now I cannot find any way to turn it back on.  When typing the message, there was three dots that gave settings, next to the smiley face and now it is gone (ugh).
@vzw_customer_support  In case your group hasn't been updated internally, the Verizon Messaging Team has been working on a fix for this 'contact emails showing first before contact numbers' issue and... See more...
@vzw_customer_support  In case your group hasn't been updated internally, the Verizon Messaging Team has been working on a fix for this 'contact emails showing first before contact numbers' issue and will be releasing it early next week along with other fixes.  
@patword wrote: from Motorola Droid Max 2 to windows 10 on my computer Google Photos, Dropbox.....
Is it for Contacts?
I reported the 'email first bug issue' via the app settings and received a response from Message+ Support around 4p ET: "Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are working on fixing this issue. Stay... See more...
I reported the 'email first bug issue' via the app settings and received a response from Message+ Support around 4p ET: "Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are working on fixing this issue. Stay tuned, we will let you know as soon as this has been resolved. ...'
I reported the 'email first bug issue' via the app settings and received a response from Message+ Support around 4p ET: "Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are working on fixing this issue. Stay... See more...
I reported the 'email first bug issue' via the app settings and received a response from Message+ Support around 4p ET: "Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are working on fixing this issue. Stay tuned, we will let you know as soon as this has been resolved. ...'
@LainieRMac wrote: I think there has been a new update to this app because I wasn't having this problem before, now when I try and text someone in Message Plus and I type in a name it suggests a ... See more...
@LainieRMac wrote: I think there has been a new update to this app because I wasn't having this problem before, now when I try and text someone in Message Plus and I type in a name it suggests a bunch of random email addresses from my other accounts. It used to only suggest the list of numbers from my phone's contact list.  How do I fix this? I only want to see numbers that I can text, not email addresses.  I have not changed any settings in my phone so I don't know why this started. Thank you! There are a couple other threads reporting this change with a new update.  As we start typing to search for a contact, the new software algorithm apparently searches all contacts for that letter(s) typed and lists EMAIL addresses FIRST.  We should report this as a BUG in the app SETTINGS.
@ncwild wrote: Cannot download the messaging desktop app for my Asus laptop, running Windows 8.1.  Anyone else have this issue? Where are you trying to download the app from?  It had been rem... See more...
@ncwild wrote: Cannot download the messaging desktop app for my Asus laptop, running Windows 8.1.  Anyone else have this issue? Where are you trying to download the app from?  It had been removed from the Windows Store as there were syncing issues with it.  Here is a saved old version that might work, v1.0.17.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0
My ipad's Message+, v3.2.11, when typing in a recipient for an new message, shows matching contacts PHONE NUMBERS first followed by email addresses.  This seems to be the more logical default.  I thi... See more...
My ipad's Message+, v3.2.11, when typing in a recipient for an new message, shows matching contacts PHONE NUMBERS first followed by email addresses.  This seems to be the more logical default.  I think we should be reporting this in the app feedback where we see it as a bug, that the contact email addresses are defaulting first.
@Andigs2 wrote: I just purchased a galaxy note20 ultra.  It appears emails and cell#s show up when I pull up a contact to send a text.  I added a picture to one of my other messages.  My moto... See more...
@Andigs2 wrote: I just purchased a galaxy note20 ultra.  It appears emails and cell#s show up when I pull up a contact to send a text.  I added a picture to one of my other messages.  My moto z4 just updated Message+ to 7.0.8 and I now get a list of the contacts' options for texting.  This includes the name typed spelled out on the keypad, email addresses and phone numbers of contacts matching what I type.  I don't see any option in Settings for restricting this search in any way.  So far, I don't see it being too much of an issue as I don't have a lot of different contact methods for my contacts.  I haven't found a specific reason though to want to send a text to the email address yet, but there may be a case for pictures or attachments.
@Andigs2 wrote: When I put in the recipient all their contact info shows up. I get their cell and home phone numbers as well as the emails I have did that person.  ..... Was this really a So... See more...
@Andigs2 wrote: When I put in the recipient all their contact info shows up. I get their cell and home phone numbers as well as the emails I have did that person.  ..... Was this really a Solution?  You might UNMARK AS SOLUTION, if issue not answered.
@Andigs2 wrote: I just purchased a Note20 Ultra.  I have no idea what version number it is.  Message+ version number. Look at its settings.
@shomora10 wrote:  After the latest update, all contact information shows rather than the mobile number. I do not want to text to an email or land line. How can I change Message+ to only show m... See more...
@shomora10 wrote:  After the latest update, all contact information shows rather than the mobile number. I do not want to text to an email or land line. How can I change Message+ to only show mobile numbers when addressing a contact?     On what device and what version number are you seeing this?  Can you back out the update?
@Andigs2 wrote: How do I only get cell #s when trying to send a text?  Right now, all contact info is showing up.   On what device are you seeing this happening?  What version number?  Can yo... See more...
@Andigs2 wrote: How do I only get cell #s when trying to send a text?  Right now, all contact info is showing up.   On what device are you seeing this happening?  What version number?  Can you back out the update?
Here is a link to a saved copy of the Win10 v1.0.17.0 version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0
It is or might be a 'Short Code'. You can do an Internet search for short code lookup to find a site that will look it up . I did and it is a CVS Pharmacy short code.