How does the Whatsapp app get around the issue?  Is the issue the local service in Germany doesn't accept messages from Verizon?
What make/model phone is it?  Are you sure its line on your account has a data plan?  What plan do you have on your account?  What happens when it tries to connect?  
You know that havingTravelPass does NOT guarantee local cell service connectivity.
@vzw_customer_support @colinh_vzw   I tried your link to see the info and got the following error message.  Maybe because I already have a discount applied, but I just wanted to 'learn what the authe... See more...
@vzw_customer_support @colinh_vzw   I tried your link to see the info and got the following error message.  Maybe because I already have a discount applied, but I just wanted to 'learn what the authentication process was', not apply. We're sorry. The transaction could not be completed due to ineligible account or profile data.  
I just did a test text from my email account to 'mynumber'@vtext.com and it hit my phone from 6245.   6245 on the keypad spells MAIL.  Someone/something is sending the text from an email client to yo... See more...
I just did a test text from my email account to 'mynumber'@vtext.com and it hit my phone from 6245.   6245 on the keypad spells MAIL.  Someone/something is sending the text from an email client to your number at vtext.com.  When using Android Auto to read the text to me, it has the originating email address that sent the text in the header.   When I looked at the Message Info in Integrated Message+ on my desktop it shows the sending email address.
Maybe after you've been with a new service provider for awhile, you'll come back here and post your experience.
You can try using the method @Ann154   used above in order to get the attention of a moderator.
You should be able to pull up an agents profile and possibly send them a private message with private info.  Also, click on the mail icon upper right to initiate one. They might have to request a PM ... See more...
You should be able to pull up an agents profile and possibly send them a private message with private info.  Also, click on the mail icon upper right to initiate one. They might have to request a PM from you before you can send them one.
I just completed a chat with a Verizon rep.  I had to wait in line (3rd) for about 10 mins, but no issues getting someone.  Sometimes if I'm stuck with a digital assistant, entering AGENT will transf... See more...
I just completed a chat with a Verizon rep.  I had to wait in line (3rd) for about 10 mins, but no issues getting someone.  Sometimes if I'm stuck with a digital assistant, entering AGENT will transfer to a live person.  Not being in to social media, I use the forum, chat or phone calls if I need help, e.g. no Facebook, Twitter etc.  No telling where my info is going there.
Is it possible that the services that are working are using WiFi?  Has there been any local physical changes, e.g. construction, trees planted, etc, that might be interferring with the signal from a ... See more...
Is it possible that the services that are working are using WiFi?  Has there been any local physical changes, e.g. construction, trees planted, etc, that might be interferring with the signal from a local tower?  Have you considered trying WiFi calling to see if that works?
This screenshot of a previous related thread might help, but did you search the forum for 'step 8a'?  https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Stuck-on-step-8a/m-p/1081414
It looks like the VZW technical support team would have be involved to try to replicate and/or capture the text messages coming into the network and determine what is being done with them. 
What messaging app are you using?  I just sent a test message from the Message+ app on my Droid Turbo 2 phone to my comcast.net email account and it was received fine from vtext.com.  Using my iPad a... See more...
What messaging app are you using?  I just sent a test message from the Message+ app on my Droid Turbo 2 phone to my comcast.net email account and it was received fine from vtext.com.  Using my iPad and the Message+ app, it DOES NOT allow me to put in an email address as a destination.
@vzw_customer_support  ,  @christianp_vzw  Wasn't it clear in their text: " I too have the same issue and concern with others connecting to my range extender. " S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y,  S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y,  ... See more...
@vzw_customer_support  ,  @christianp_vzw  Wasn't it clear in their text: " I too have the same issue and concern with others connecting to my range extender. " S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y,  S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y,  S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y
Generally, that means the number dialed is routed to a line/device that is not able to receive a call.  It could be the number is invalid, the device is powered off, there are no circuits to terminat... See more...
Generally, that means the number dialed is routed to a line/device that is not able to receive a call.  It could be the number is invalid, the device is powered off, there are no circuits to terminate the call (if a land line), etc.  Does the hotel have other numbers, e.g. an 800 number that you can try?  Could be they have a PBX (I'm showing my age) or other system for taking calls that is having issues.
What make/model device is it?  Is it in front of you?
@vzw_customer_support, @johnt_vzw   You might read thru the thread.  I am NOT the OP nor reporting an outage issue, but only added my comment to point to a web site that has outages tracked by custom... See more...
@vzw_customer_support, @johnt_vzw   You might read thru the thread.  I am NOT the OP nor reporting an outage issue, but only added my comment to point to a web site that has outages tracked by customers' reporting.  It may not be the best way to determine an outage, but certainly a way to see if others in your area are reporting similar service issues and to share your issue.
Have you looked at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-forwarding/?  You may be able to send the code to another line if there is one.  It looks like if Call Forwarding has been ... See more...
Have you looked at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-forwarding/?  You may be able to send the code to another line if there is one.  It looks like if Call Forwarding has been set up this way before, a text to confirm it is not required. I, for one, am going to go thru this Call Forwarding set up with a confirmation text to establish it ahead of possibly losing my phone. Possibly a call to Customer Service will allow you to confirm your identity and get call forwarding activated (you might have to borrow a phone). From the website Call Forwarding page:  If your mobile device is lost, stolen or not functioning, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.922.0204 to make the Call Forwarding changes you need.
According to https://usshortcodedirectory.com/directory/?fwp_short_code_search=32665&fwp_sort=brand_asc 3-2665 is a short code belonging to Facebook.