Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,185 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Bootylactin's Posts

_jay_, though we cannot see any posts other than the parent post and your response in this thread, we do see that you have had concerns yourself with your service and device. If you can help us... See more...
    _jay_, though we cannot see any posts other than the parent post and your response in this thread, we do see that you have had concerns yourself with your service and device. If you can help us understand your individual concern better, we can partner together to find a suitable resolution. - ErichC_VZW     OK this is pathetic, but it explains a lot.  Our messages are popping up in a queue, and they have zero context with regard to the rest of the discussion that's taken place in this thread.  We've already identified the problem (I did that in the first dang post, which apparently they DO see), yet they continue to come here, drop platitudes, and look like ignorant fools when they do so. @vzw_customer_support if you really want to help, FIND OUT WHEN THEY'RE GOING TO FIX THIS AND THEN POST.  Your continued "we understand..., let's partner..., that must be frustrating..." messages ARE NOT HELPING ANYONE.  You're just making all of us more angry. And DO NOT ask me to send you a private note.  I already tried that route and it got me nowhere.
@_jay_ no latency issues here yet.
@johnwarfel what firmware is running after the factory reset?  The bad one (204453)?
@vzw_customer_support can you please get these messages through to your Home Internet engineering team?  It's tedious for customers to have to wade through the lower tiers of tech support to eventual... See more...
@vzw_customer_support can you please get these messages through to your Home Internet engineering team?  It's tedious for customers to have to wade through the lower tiers of tech support to eventually wind up talking to someone who "might" know what's going on here. Engineering needs to be working on pushing out firmware that "unbreaks" what the current version has broken.  At this point literally rolling back to the previous version would be an easy fix.  Slap a new version number on the old code and push it.
@Dsmize2011 is this something we can do ourselves, or will it require that everyone with this problem call Verizon's Home Internet techs?  I have to believe pushing a firmware update would be a bette... See more...
@Dsmize2011 is this something we can do ourselves, or will it require that everyone with this problem call Verizon's Home Internet techs?  I have to believe pushing a firmware update would be a better (and faster) solution here than a bunch of customers with non-functional equipment that have to call tech support.
@Dsmize2011 weeks ago, I jumped through the support hoops you're currently in when seeking an answer on bridge mode.  The lower tier tech support has no idea about this service/equipment, let alone s... See more...
@Dsmize2011 weeks ago, I jumped through the support hoops you're currently in when seeking an answer on bridge mode.  The lower tier tech support has no idea about this service/equipment, let alone some of the more advanced topics we're discussing here.   Eventually I was forwarded up the chain to a tech (his name was Gilbert) who was specifically assigned to the Home Internet service.  He knew what bridge mode was, and fully understood what I was trying to do and why (I've got two Asus ZenWiFi AX routers wired together with an ethernet backhaul that allow our WiFi network to be strong throughout our entire house). Keep asking for someone specific to Home Internet.  It took multiple attempts but eventually I got there. 
@_jay_ if you haven't already, you can "fake" a bridge mode by putting your own router in the DMZ.  I need to submit a post with instructions on how to do this; I had started another thread weeks ago... See more...
@_jay_ if you haven't already, you can "fake" a bridge mode by putting your own router in the DMZ.  I need to submit a post with instructions on how to do this; I had started another thread weeks ago asking about bridge mode when I "solved" it with the DMZ. And speaking of Traction, I think it would help if everyone who's responded to this thread (and those experiencing the same problem who haven't posted) smash the "I'm having this problem too" on the first post.  Maybe that will get some more eyes on this.
  johnwarfel  unfortunately that’s the version that started all my problems.  I went 24 hours without issue, but just now had it die twice on me in a 15 minute span. I keep manually checking for ... See more...
  johnwarfel  unfortunately that’s the version that started all my problems.  I went 24 hours without issue, but just now had it die twice on me in a 15 minute span. I keep manually checking for a firmware update with the hope that a fix is inbound from engineering. No luck yet. 
Software Version: 204453 Applied On: 11/16/2020 00:08:17 CST In the last 30 hours since this update, the LTE Router has lost connection to the internet 5 times, requiring me to power cycle the devi... See more...
Software Version: 204453 Applied On: 11/16/2020 00:08:17 CST In the last 30 hours since this update, the LTE Router has lost connection to the internet 5 times, requiring me to power cycle the device to return it to operation.  In the midst of these disruptions, the indicator light on the front of the device remains green, however no data flows in our out. If this happened on any other router I've owned, I'd re-install a previous firmware to confirm that is in fact the problem here.  However no such option exists here. And while we're on the subject of missing options, a "reboot" button in the UI would be helpful. And in the midst of typing this it dropped a sixth time.  So I grabbed screenshots to show what the UI is reporting.  Though some of these will appear to report everything is functional, the connection was dead when I took these.  My signal strength fluctuates between 3-5 bars, and has always been rock solid (even on 3 bars) prior to this.    
Putting my personal router in the LTE Home Internet DMZ worked wonderfully.  When I have more time I'll try to come back and post here with step by step instructions.
After going through 3 different Tier 1 agents, I finally spoke with a gentleman in Tier 2 by the name of Gilbert who immediately knew exactly what we are trying to do.  Unfortunately for now this dev... See more...
After going through 3 different Tier 1 agents, I finally spoke with a gentleman in Tier 2 by the name of Gilbert who immediately knew exactly what we are trying to do.  Unfortunately for now this device doesn't support bridge mode, however he's sent a question to engineering to find out if this is on the roadmap and will potentially be pushed with a software/firmware update in the future.  When he hears back he's going to text me with details. I'm going to try the DMZ solution I linked above, I'll report back here with results when I'm done.
I attempted to get this resolved through online chat, but the agent gave me an advanced technical support number instead.  They'll be calling me back tomorrow; if I get any joy I'll report it here. ... See more...
I attempted to get this resolved through online chat, but the agent gave me an advanced technical support number instead.  They'll be calling me back tomorrow; if I get any joy I'll report it here. I also found this, but haven't tried it yet.  It is an older post (from 2017), but perhaps it might work for us. https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-Archive/Do-New-Router-Models-Have-Bridge-Mode/m-p/1067264#M14132