not sure if i installed a recorder app and forgot it, but my phone now automatically records calls and saves to a folder "ideaCallRecorder". howto turn this off?
I would like to put in larger SD cards in my phone. the current internal and external SD card are 6GB total and running out of space. is this a difficult process to swap out SD cards for large... See more...
I would like to put in larger SD cards in my phone. the current internal and external SD card are 6GB total and running out of space. is this a difficult process to swap out SD cards for larger space ones?
i see on kies3 that S planner and todo's, if they are synced with an external accnt such as google will not be backed up. anyone recommend a better android backup sw than this kies3 ?
i logged in today to verify that. there are not any appts listed for this month or last month. and there certainly were a few for both months. the old S3 was always sync'ing with my google acc... See more...
i logged in today to verify that. there are not any appts listed for this month or last month. and there certainly were a few for both months. the old S3 was always sync'ing with my google accnt so i just assumed it would be there. i backed everything up to local computer too via kies (terrible sw). did a restore today with it for calendar, and still no appts. the guy at the store did the backup to cloud too. tried that today too and no appts in calendar. guess i'll just end up starting fresh and miss some appts i can't recall.
upgraded my old S3 phone yesterday and renewed plan. now i see none of my old calendar events are listed on my phone or in gmail account. so where did this info go?
my SIII used to be able to transfer data via usb to my computer. win7 with kies on it. now, no matter what usb cable i use, the phone will beep when i plug in a cable but win/kies can't see it... See more...
my SIII used to be able to transfer data via usb to my computer. win7 with kies on it. now, no matter what usb cable i use, the phone will beep when i plug in a cable but win/kies can't see it, there is no message on the phone i plugged in either, just that annoying beep. Verizon SCH-I535 Android 4.4.2
i do not have the option to pick a file from unit when attaching a file for message (not email). options are to: take picture location record video record audio s memo cal contacts i... See more...
i do not have the option to pick a file from unit when attaching a file for message (not email). options are to: take picture location record video record audio s memo cal contacts i saw a youtube video and the guy had options to use ES explorer to pick a file from local unit. what do i need to do to make this function avail to me? tia
why don't the apps i turn off stay off after a reboot??
i have to ditto!!
i have the much of the same issues after this latest update. lost all my add-ons with firefox too after the update. strange. after a reboot i have to go back and redo turning off apps that ... See more...
i have the much of the same issues after this latest update. lost all my add-ons with firefox too after the update. strange. after a reboot i have to go back and redo turning off apps that i had turned off prior to a reboot! this bloatware is just too much. we pay ALOT of money each month for this phone/service. if possible i'm at the point to attempt to root it and get back the sense this is {my} phone and not verizons'. with verizon's lawsuit win regarding net-neutrality, hand writing is on the wall, i may just get a cheaper no-frills phone & servicer.
thanks. i ordered a dekart. i'll try it. there are more expensive ones but i'll start here. i'll put you down as answering although you didn't list any usb sim reader. ;-)
just to be able to read it or write to it if this phone goes kerr-plunk or, like when i read hard drives that don't have an OS on it, but i can read/write them to get my data.
what is a good dependable USB SIM card reader? i saw a "dekart" brand that had decent reviews on amazon but that was about the only one.
i will agree it is faster and simpler. i just have a few issues with google and its constant profiling of account data.
we do the same with copying over a sim card/sd card to the new android phone too, yes? appreciate the info on sync'ing contacts
this may may be wrong forum but i'll start here. i notice on my google email account web interface under "contacts" all my phone contacts from my cell phone are there. i just noticed this as i... See more...
this may may be wrong forum but i'll start here. i notice on my google email account web interface under "contacts" all my phone contacts from my cell phone are there. i just noticed this as it wasn't an issue with blackberry. is there a way to not have google auto grab so much data from my phone and put it on my google web account?
i have it though never tried it. the PowerAmp amp plays my ear training mp3's just like my pc app does so i think i'll keep that for now. thx
good info. i'll read up on the things you mentioned. i agree it is easier to just click on a phone app and have it download/install. the data usage issue is a joke in my opinion from my point... See more...
good info. i'll read up on the things you mentioned. i agree it is easier to just click on a phone app and have it download/install. the data usage issue is a joke in my opinion from my point of view. i know where the books are stored and such so i may have to resort to download stuff to notebook and then usb the files to the phone. i suppose there isn't a way to config my phone to use wifi when it is downloading versus the mobile-data is there?  are you speaking of wifi in my home the phone would connect to?
i'll try the playlist suggestion. i'll mark your answer as helpful. i'l going to try "poweramp" and see if i gel with it better. if not, i'll do what you do. ;-) thx
i use audiobooks and found out the hard way downloading a book darn near uses all my data allocation for that month. is there a website tutorial showing tips/tricks to manage data usage? do... See more...
i use audiobooks and found out the hard way downloading a book darn near uses all my data allocation for that month. is there a website tutorial showing tips/tricks to manage data usage? do folks download their books etc to their computer then copy to their phone? is that one way? a bit new to smart phone world