@Benbert20  It seems like the only "solution" to the problem is to use the Verizon messaging app. 
I have tried multiple other texting apps and still experience the issue. I have noticed that this issue goes away when I use the Verizon texting app, but I do not like the Verizon texting app and I a... Ver más...
I have tried multiple other texting apps and still experience the issue. I have noticed that this issue goes away when I use the Verizon texting app, but I do not like the Verizon texting app and I also get a different problem with that where sometimes my messages won't send.
The messages all come in under the group chat like they are supposed to eventually. When they are not coming through it will show under the person that sent the text instead of in the group chat but ... Ver más...
The messages all come in under the group chat like they are supposed to eventually. When they are not coming through it will show under the person that sent the text instead of in the group chat but when it finally loads it does come in in the group chat.
I have noticed the issue I am having in multiple locations. I have noticed that group messages/text messages are the only thing I have had the problem with but that could just be because people don't... Ver más...
I have noticed the issue I am having in multiple locations. I have noticed that group messages/text messages are the only thing I have had the problem with but that could just be because people don't send pictures that often in the group chat so it doesn't have the opportunity to happen.
I would say that I first noticed this issue about a month or two ago. I currently am using the latest version of the Samsung messages app which is the stock messaging app on my phone.
I have a Galaxy s9+ (SM-G965U). I am able to send individual messages to those users that I am experiencing my issue with.
I would say that I first noticed this issue about a month or two ago. I currently am using the latest version of the Samsung messages app (11.1.65.17).
@Miwako814 I have that problem with at&t users too. One of my friends who has Cricket (which is owned by at&t) has texted me and it took over an hour for the text to come through. I also experience m... Ver más...
@Miwako814 I have that problem with at&t users too. One of my friends who has Cricket (which is owned by at&t) has texted me and it took over an hour for the text to come through. I also experience my groupchat problem even when I am in a groupchat with only verizon users.
I have done groups with only two other people besides myself and I still experience the problem. If I only text one person the problem never happens, it only happens in group chats. Also, the most re... Ver más...
I have done groups with only two other people besides myself and I still experience the problem. If I only text one person the problem never happens, it only happens in group chats. Also, the most recent backup that I have made using Samsung smart switch on my computer to back up my phone I noticed that it said I have 18,662 item(s) under the messages tab. I think that this means that I have over 18 thousand saved texts on my phone. Is there a way I can clear out some of the old ones past a certain date but not all of them to see if that helps?
I would estimate that I have a few thousand texts stored on my phone. I have noticed this issue coming from people with samsung phones and people with iPhones.
This issue has happened in multiple locations. I have had this issue at my house where I get three bars of signal and I have also noticed it happening when I was in Branson with I believe three or fo... Ver más...
This issue has happened in multiple locations. I have had this issue at my house where I get three bars of signal and I have also noticed it happening when I was in Branson with I believe three or four bars. I still experience this issue when I am connected to WIFI.
The groupchats that experience this problem do include apple phones. I don't have any groupchats without apple phones to know if the problem would happen in that case. When i switched to the verizon ... Ver más...
The groupchats that experience this problem do include apple phones. I don't have any groupchats without apple phones to know if the problem would happen in that case. When i switched to the verizon messages app, the problem I'm having went away but a new problem arose where sometimes when i would send a message it wouldn't go through and would just be stuck on sending. When i switched back to the samsung messages app they all sent instantly. I also prefer the samsung messages app but if I must use the verizon one than I will. If I were to get a new phone and not use the verizon messages app, would my texts work and not have the issue where the messages suddenly stop coming through in groupchats? I have been thinking of getting a new phone to not have to deal with my texting issue but I wouldn't want to get a new phone only for it to have the same problem.
I have reset the network settings and I am still experiencing the problem.
I have the galaxy s9+. The most recent update I can think of was the system update to software version G965USQS7ETH1 back in August. I tried deleting the group chat thread to see if that would help a... Ver más...
I have the galaxy s9+. The most recent update I can think of was the system update to software version G965USQS7ETH1 back in August. I tried deleting the group chat thread to see if that would help and it did not, I am still experiencing the issue.
I have made sure my phone and all apps are up to date and I am still experiencing the problem.
     This was a block of texts that showed as 'New MMS message to download' from my friend "B" that eventually came through   These screenshots look different because I wa... Ver más...
     This was a block of texts that showed as 'New MMS message to download' from my friend "B" that eventually came through   These screenshots look different because I was trying the default Samsung messaging app to see if that would fix my problem but it didn't.
I have noticed this happening a lot since a week ago. I am currently using version 6.4.044 of the Google Messages app.
I have a galaxy s9+ that has a very annoying problem with messaging. Normally, group chats work just fine but when a lot of people are using a group chat to text at the same time, my phone will stop ... Ver más...
I have a galaxy s9+ that has a very annoying problem with messaging. Normally, group chats work just fine but when a lot of people are using a group chat to text at the same time, my phone will stop receiving the texts and a bit later suddenly I will get a bunch of notifications saying "New mms message to download" all at once coming from many different people. I have to go into each persons contact in messages and click "tap to download" and even then it can take 10-20 minutes for the text to download and they will come through out of order from what they were actually sent in. Even if I restart my phone and then try to download the messages they won't always download. Usually I just have to wait for 10-20 minutes for it to eventually download the ones it was working on and then I can click tap to download and it will try to download the other texts but it can end up having the problem where the messages wont downlaod agian and it overall ends up taking 40 minutes to get all the texts to download. I use the google messages app currently but I remember having the same problem with the built-in Samsung messages app.