Ok if it sounds like fraud that is fine, but if it was fraud they would not have given me a prepaid label to send my old phone so they could track it. They would also not have sent me a statement... Ver más...
Ok if it sounds like fraud that is fine, but if it was fraud they would not have given me a prepaid label to send my old phone so they could track it. They would also not have sent me a statement pointing out that my phone has changed, but my plan has stayed the same. If you think it is fraud report me! Why can't I say it? I will not say it because everybody wants something done easily and for them. If you or anyone else has a problem and cannot get it taken care of there is a way.
So looking over my post no one really wanted to help, but now I should tell you who to talk to. No! It took me weeks to figure out who the right people to talk to at Verizon are. Good luck! If yo... See more...
So looking over my post no one really wanted to help, but now I should tell you who to talk to. No! It took me weeks to figure out who the right people to talk to at Verizon are. Good luck! If you want to talk to them you find them. Also just because one person can do what others cannot does not make it illegal or fraud. That just means they were willing to work harder than the others to get what they wanted!
Let's start with this! I have a college degree, have managed two stores with multimillion dollar yearly gross sales. I am also 32 and have been selling phones for T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint,... Ver más...
Let's start with this! I have a college degree, have managed two stores with multimillion dollar yearly gross sales. I am also 32 and have been selling phones for T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and Nextel. I have spent the last 14 years in retail sales with a specialty in customer service. You can do anything you want if you know how to get it done. If you would have read all the threads here you would have seen that I have gotten it taken care of and now have a new Samsung S III. Sorry, but next time before you try and explain who I am you might want to sound more intelligent so you do not end up sounding like a tool. Better luck on your next reply. P.S if you are not getting the service with the device you signed a contract to you can and will get out of it. Again dig a little deeper before you reply to a post because some of use want to see what kind of honest answers are given. Good day!
The BBB has no power over anything. If you have a defective product that has anything to do with communication that you are paying a fee for and not getting your service file a claim on the FCC.G... Ver más...
The BBB has no power over anything. If you have a defective product that has anything to do with communication that you are paying a fee for and not getting your service file a claim on the FCC.GOV site. It has worked with Sprint and Verizon. It has to be a problem that can be solved within reason. If you are in your warranty period and no one will help you let them know. It takes about two weeks to hear something, but when they call they are more than willing to working something out with you.
Wow you are a tool. Ok stop stalking little boys... Go to college... Maybe for business being you want to get your nose in it... Learn a few things and then come back and try this again.
Here is an update guys and gals. My complaint with the FCC went through and I got a call from  someone that can actually help. They are sending me a Samsung Galaxy S3 at no cost to me. I want to ... See more...
Here is an update guys and gals. My complaint with the FCC went through and I got a call from  someone that can actually help. They are sending me a Samsung Galaxy S3 at no cost to me. I want to thank the gal at Verizon that actually helped me out. God bless her!
But, one sale does not keep a company going. I work in a 100% commission retail company and I will do anything to keep my customers coming back. It is easy to go switch to another company. I can ... See more...
But, one sale does not keep a company going. I work in a 100% commission retail company and I will do anything to keep my customers coming back. It is easy to go switch to another company. I can sell this crap phone to someone on Ebay and almost pay to disconnect. I guess that is my next step.
I am done dealing with you Droid Usrr!
The phone will have full signal and then no signal for twenty to thirty minutes at a time. The phone will start to heat up and at the time the battery will only last two hours tops. I have reset ... See more...
The phone will have full signal and then no signal for twenty to thirty minutes at a time. The phone will start to heat up and at the time the battery will only last two hours tops. I have reset the phone like they told me to. I have taken out the sim card and the memory card like they told me to. I have taken off all of my apps and put them back on one by one. I have had this phone of a while now and no one is willing to help me out. I have a year warranty and they just keep giving me the run around.
Hey look they can edit crap, but not help people out. Also I am not sure where you shop, buy in my sales position I will do anything to make the customers happy! It is really hard to get new cust... Ver más...
Hey look they can edit crap, but not help people out. Also I am not sure where you shop, buy in my sales position I will do anything to make the customers happy! It is really hard to get new customers now days. Have you seen this country?
Hey Droid Usrr. People in here are looking for help not some smart (Edited to comply with VZW Community ToS ) tool. (Edited to comply with VZW Community ToS) Thank you!
Lilypu,     Thank you very much! I will try that right now.
No, like I stated I went back before the fourteen days were up. He said he fixed my phone and it would never have the same problem again. A few days after the fourteen days it had the same proble... Ver más...
No, like I stated I went back before the fourteen days were up. He said he fixed my phone and it would never have the same problem again. A few days after the fourteen days it had the same problem. He lied! Now I went back to the store and he said I need to call customer service. I called them and they said I need to show them the problem at the store. I am tired of getting ( deleted content to comply with ) when I have a phone that I should not even have! Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Yes, he is the one that talked me in to keeping it within the 14 days.
Great company, new phone, live is good!
I left Sprint to switch to Verizon because I thought the service would be better! I have since found out that the phones on the Sprint network are a lot better and so is the customer service. I a... See more...
I left Sprint to switch to Verizon because I thought the service would be better! I have since found out that the phones on the Sprint network are a lot better and so is the customer service. I am now thinking about going back to Sprint after only four months on the Verizon network. I have the Motorola RAZR 16GB and it is nothing but problems. I will lose my data for ten minute blocks at a time and the same with the signal. It will show nothing but a circle with a red line going across. So I go in to the store and the guy does the same stuff I have already done. I call customer service and they say if the can not see the problem there is not a lot they can do for me. Now Verizon gets a phone I know is great because I used to have it with Sprint and there is nothing I can do! What a load of crap! Anyone else know what I can do? Why do we get stuck in contracts with phones that do not work and a warranty that no one wants to take care of!
I have the same problem. I have been losing my signal and data for ten minutes at a time. I do not want to deal with the Motorola crap anymore. I am going to file a complaint with the FCC. They w... See more...
I have the same problem. I have been losing my signal and data for ten minutes at a time. I do not want to deal with the Motorola crap anymore. I am going to file a complaint with the FCC. They will get stuff done, they did for me before.