Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,291 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

coltswalker's Posts

Submitted request for callback via web site 17 hours ago.  Still nothing!
SOLUTION - Call Verizon technical support, wait on hold for an hour or more, then when you get a representative you should start to explain the issue so he or she can hang up on you. Rinse and Repeat!
Called yesterday, waited long hold time, then rep hangs up on me.  Still unable to reach support.
Coverage in my area south of Omaha Nebraskas has declined dramatically.  I have attempted to contact Verizon support to report the issue, however, after being on hold for a long duration the call was... See more...
Coverage in my area south of Omaha Nebraskas has declined dramatically.  I have attempted to contact Verizon support to report the issue, however, after being on hold for a long duration the call was disconnected.  It seems like the rep hung up on me as soon as I started to explain the problem.
After a long hold time yesterday the representative dropped the call right after I started to explain why I was calling.   Imagine after your long wait they just hang up on you.
Why do you want folks to pay for "Steak" when the meat is spoiled, served cold, and the waiter goes on break the entire time you dine?  Get a clue pal!
Phone hold time for support here, 29 minutes then the representative, Shannon, dropped the call. Chat With Us text support button does nothing.  
hold music volume 200% representative volume 25% Can't hear the rep but nearly go deaf while on hold.
Long time customers get dumped on.  We cant get support.  Our service quality continues to decline.  The business model seems to be to sucker as many new people in as possible and grab a few bucks un... See more...
Long time customers get dumped on.  We cant get support.  Our service quality continues to decline.  The business model seems to be to sucker as many new people in as possible and grab a few bucks until they get wise and dump Verizon.  I am ready to start shopping providers this holiday after over 14 years with Verizon
After a 29 minute on hold wait time I was connected to an account representative who then had to transfer me to technical support even though I believe that is what I originally selected in the IVR. ... See more...
After a 29 minute on hold wait time I was connected to an account representative who then had to transfer me to technical support even though I believe that is what I originally selected in the IVR. The support representative was a male named Shannon. I first asked to be called back if the call was dropped since I had to wait so long just to get though and I did not have hours to keep trying to connect to support. He agreed and took down my number. As soon as I started to explain our service problems with Verizon, how general coverage has dramatically declined in my area the call was disconnected. Shannon never called back. The initial 29 minute wait time is completely unacceptable and I cannot invest another 29 minutes into trying to reach a support representative with the risk of the representative hanging up on me and further wasting my time. The "chat with us" link on the web site does not work. Either I get some assistance from Verizon or I start shopping other providers
The error message that is bombarding my phone display, constantly: The application Backup+ Media (process com.vcast. mediamanager) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again. I think i... See more...
The error message that is bombarding my phone display, constantly: The application Backup+ Media (process com.vcast. mediamanager) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again. I think it may have began after I connected my Motorola Android Pro to my PC for the first time; however, cannot confirm this is related.  I transfer files using "mass storage" so that the phone appears as a drive letter in Windows.  I do not install any special drivers or use any software.  I do not use Media manager.  During the day, when I use my Motorola Android Pro to, for example, send a text message, or receive a phone call, I have to click OK on a prompt with the error message I posted above.  The error message goes away, but will pop up again, and again, throughout the day.  I cannot answer an incoming call without clicking CLOSE on the error.  This error is relentless.  Closing the error message only makes it go away for a short time, then it comes back.  When I click the error box it states that I am "closing" the process.  It doesn't stay closed, it just comes back again.  The error pop up interrupts whatever I am doing on the phone.  I have searched the web trying to discover a resolution.  In doing so, I believe the error has to do with Verizon's VCast Media Manager app.  This isn't something I need. I don't want "VCast Media Manager". I don't need it.  I think it has to do with backing up contacts, which is something I can do via Google. My question is, is there a way to get rid of the offending app, and if not, what is the official Verizon fix for this so I can live without this reoccurring error? Please, a supported solution, an no recommendations to "root" or alter my device in a way that will void warranty. Thank you.
Replying to my own thread with a solution for others who may be interested. I found an app on google play called "Ringer Mode Locker" by kaa.  With the app, the swipe to vibrate will be overri... See more...
Replying to my own thread with a solution for others who may be interested. I found an app on google play called "Ringer Mode Locker" by kaa.  With the app, the swipe to vibrate will be override and prevent the phone from being silent.  Tested and works with this phone (Casio Commando). I recommend the app. link:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tostada.android.kondouEx&feature=more_from_developer
I express my appreciation for your attention to my thread.  After a thorough search though the settings I conclude this phone offers no such option. 
Yes I would like to disable the slider.  So far cannot locate said parameter within phone settings...
Yes - I can confirm that I have the same phone and it exhibits the same behavior.  The light does not flash.  It simply remains illuminated for the duration the camera app is open.  I just as... See more...
Yes - I can confirm that I have the same phone and it exhibits the same behavior.  The light does not flash.  It simply remains illuminated for the duration the camera app is open.  I just assumed it was the manufacturers designed behavior.  Although odd, it is reasonable to consider that the luminosity present when a flash "flashes" could also be present if the light remained on and produced the same luminosity.  So, technically a flash would not necessarily have to flash, although it is now a misnomer to call it a "flash" as it has the function as an ordinary photography flood light.  Misnomers are common place in the mobile device industry, consider the "screensaver" which is actually a "wallpaper" graphic and has nothing to do with preventing screen image retention, which is not even an issue on the mobile LCD display.  I digress.  I think the "flash" is actually just a photography light and this is the designed behavior.  It prevents the timing problems common with many phone cameras and also prevents subject "blink" shots.  I remember on my Blackberry that the flash would sometimes not synchronize with the camera shutter, so the picture would come out too dark as if the flash had not been used.  If the light was always present, it would not be necessary to deal with timing. 
I have a Casio GzOne Commando Android phone.  To unlock the phone it is necessary to swipe a symbol on the screen to the right. Swiping to the left changes the phone from audio ring to vibrate mo... See more...
I have a Casio GzOne Commando Android phone.  To unlock the phone it is necessary to swipe a symbol on the screen to the right. Swiping to the left changes the phone from audio ring to vibrate mode, and repeat swipe reverts back.  Problem: I am constantly missing calls because the phone ends up in silent ring vibrate mode.  I never use this mode intentionally.  I can only assume it is happening while the phone is in my pocket.  This is dreadfully annoying because I miss calls.  I am considering it a design flaw.  This is a critical issue to me. Can someone advise of a way to completely disable silent vibrate mode?  I will never use it, and would just prefer it was not an option. I want the phone to make an audible ring when people call me, always.