Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,473 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jrey03's Posts

I got the Samsung Galaxy S7 on Saturday and it didn't make it through the day on Sunday or Monday after a full overnight charge and moderate use.  I returned it Tuesday.  It is an absolutely terr... See more...
I got the Samsung Galaxy S7 on Saturday and it didn't make it through the day on Sunday or Monday after a full overnight charge and moderate use.  I returned it Tuesday.  It is an absolutely terrible phone for $700.  If you can get rid of it, do it.
I got so sick of it I went a bought a used Galaxy 4S because it was cheaper and unaffected by the Lollipop downgrade.  Maps would load, google crashed constantly, apps wouldn't run, and eventuall... See more...
I got so sick of it I went a bought a used Galaxy 4S because it was cheaper and unaffected by the Lollipop downgrade.  Maps would load, google crashed constantly, apps wouldn't run, and eventually the screen would just not turn on at all and the phone was still receiving calls and making notification noises even though I could see nothing.  4 factory resets later and downloading every app again I gave up.  What a colossal F up.  I can't even sell my Note 4 with the issues it has. And these forums don't help at all.  The Verizon response is like a cheerleader when you're down 56-0 in the 4th quarter and the geeks all heckle from the sidelines.  There's no help for regular users here.
I also have the note 4 and experienced the same issues that you are seeing.  After several factory data resets the battery life is better, but it was absolutely horrendous for about 2 weeks.  App... See more...
I also have the note 4 and experienced the same issues that you are seeing.  After several factory data resets the battery life is better, but it was absolutely horrendous for about 2 weeks.  Apps still crash all the time, the phone freezes etc but the battery life will probably improve.  There are still a bunch of problems with lollipop but if it is any relief, the battery life improves.  If nothing else, you'll have more time to deal with the other problems in between charges. 
Battery drains consistently overnight with no use by me.  Note 4, after clearing the cache and factory reset.
I wiped the cache last week, factory data reset twice this weekend.  Battery drains like crazy overnight.
main processes Android OS 18% Cell Standyby 17%
I had to factory reset the device twice this past weekend.  Once because the screen quit displaying, even though I could still hear incoming texts and emails and even feel the touch feedback, and... See more...
I had to factory reset the device twice this past weekend.  Once because the screen quit displaying, even though I could still hear incoming texts and emails and even feel the touch feedback, and secondly because none of my apps would download.  One app, which ever one started to download first, would get hung up and then nothing else would load.  The battery is draining even faster now than before the factory reset.
I went to bed last night with 54% on my Note 4 and woke up this morning with 12%.  In those 7 hours I did not use the phone at all.  This never happened with KitKat.  What is Lollipop doing that ... See more...
I went to bed last night with 54% on my Note 4 and woke up this morning with 12%.  In those 7 hours I did not use the phone at all.  This never happened with KitKat.  What is Lollipop doing that KitKat did not?  Can I get a different phone since my Note 4 has become horrible?  I can't trust it to last through the day anymore.
I was having a similar problem about a month after I got my Note 4.  I took it into a Verizon Store and they first said that I needed a new phone.  They sent me a refurbished device but not a new... See more...
I was having a similar problem about a month after I got my Note 4.  I took it into a Verizon Store and they first said that I needed a new phone.  They sent me a refurbished device but not a new battery.  When I got the new/used phone, I popped in my existing battery and had the exact same problem.  Back to the store and they determined it was the battery that was the problem.  They sent me a new one but that takes 3 days.  They also told me I could buy a new one at Batteries Plus but that was not true at the time because the phone was so new.  BP might have them in stock now.
A lot of Note 4 users are in the same boat.  I'll be watching to see if someone has a good answer.
Of course I didn't read up on the coming update.  I'm not a hard core tech loving person.  I'm a standard user.  Is this update only for the people who study the inner workings of the Millenium F... See more...
Of course I didn't read up on the coming update.  I'm not a hard core tech loving person.  I'm a standard user.  Is this update only for the people who study the inner workings of the Millenium Falcon and speak R2D2?  Or is the phone for the 80% of people who want a phone in their pocket and google maps, email, and social media on the go.  Of course I didn't check out the detailed update specs.  I'm a standard user, trying to use my device for work and personal use.
Thanks Amber.  I updated early last week unfortunately.  I'll try clearing the cache, but this is the most involved update that I've ever seen on any carrier.  I was so impressed with my phone be... See more...
Thanks Amber.  I updated early last week unfortunately.  I'll try clearing the cache, but this is the most involved update that I've ever seen on any carrier.  I was so impressed with my phone before the update, now I don't even want it.  It is more of a hassle than helpful.  Are you guys (Verizon) working (with Samsung and Google I assume) on getting a real fix for the battery life issue?  And the inconsistent placement of the notifications?  And hopefully restoring customization to the default messaging app?
No official employee, you're right.  But I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon was using regular accounts to try and make it look like Lollipop isn't as bad as it really is and planting non-damning ... See more...
No official employee, you're right.  But I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon was using regular accounts to try and make it look like Lollipop isn't as bad as it really is and planting non-damning comments in here.  At least it isn't the standard - "We're sorry you're having issues.  We want your phone to be wonderful!  Did you try turning it off and on?" that official Verizon support usually comes back with.
I'm glad to hear that your battery life is better in your opinion, but I have noticed for a fact that my battery is draining much faster than it was on KitKat.  I also know exactly what the curre... See more...
I'm glad to hear that your battery life is better in your opinion, but I have noticed for a fact that my battery is draining much faster than it was on KitKat.  I also know exactly what the current notification options are and I don't like them.   I don't think anyone is asking "how do I put up with this new annoying notification feature?", what they are saying is "this new notification functionality sucks and I want it to work as it did before."
I have to assume that you work for Verizon.  I'm not looking for a work around, I would like a fix just like everyone else.  I tried the Verizon messaging app and found it OK, but not as good as ... See more...
I have to assume that you work for Verizon.  I'm not looking for a work around, I would like a fix just like everyone else.  I tried the Verizon messaging app and found it OK, but not as good as the default Samsung app.  I don't like it, don't want it, want what I had that worked before the update.
Thank You jp0030 ! You are exactly right.  So far the customer support responses are just silly.
Fun little play on words Spock.  I don't want to root my phone.  Not everyone is a hard core techie.  Some people just want to be able to use their device the way they did when bought it.  I want... See more...
Fun little play on words Spock.  I don't want to root my phone.  Not everyone is a hard core techie.  Some people just want to be able to use their device the way they did when bought it.  I want Verizon to fix this device they sold me for $300 and charge me $1600+ for each year.
A lot of people are upset about the "upgrade" to lollipop.  My note 4 has less functionality, very limited customization and significantly reduced battery life.
I would like to be able to go into the settings and change the color or the theme or whatever.
Poor Answer.  Previous versions of the OS were available in the past.  What about other devices, like the S4, I've heard they're lucky enough not to get the lollipop update.  KitKat still exists,... See more...
Poor Answer.  Previous versions of the OS were available in the past.  What about other devices, like the S4, I've heard they're lucky enough not to get the lollipop update.  KitKat still exists, I don't believe that reverting to KitKat is impossible.