Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,388 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

SW1952's Posts

Thanks but absolutely no help. As I said the iOS devices have no problems connecting to either the 2.4 or 5GHZ signals. The issue is the printer - like most Wifi printers - can't see/connect to t... See more...
Thanks but absolutely no help. As I said the iOS devices have no problems connecting to either the 2.4 or 5GHZ signals. The issue is the printer - like most Wifi printers - can't see/connect to the 5GHZ signal that I would prefer to use for all my devices. So why can I print to the computer from my computer that is constantly connected to the 5GHZ connection, but I can't from any of our iOS devices.
My wife and I have two iPhones (an X and an 8+), two iPad Mini 4 and two iMacs. We have Verizon Fios and a Verizon router in our home which are dual band (2.4 and 5 GHZ). I also have an Epson XP-... See more...
My wife and I have two iPhones (an X and an 8+), two iPad Mini 4 and two iMacs. We have Verizon Fios and a Verizon router in our home which are dual band (2.4 and 5 GHZ). I also have an Epson XP-830 printer that is AirPrint capable but will only see/connect to the 2.4 GHZ signal from the router. None of the iOS devices will only see/connect to the printer unless they are on the 2.4GHZ Wifi signal (which is much slower so would prefer to connect everything to the 5GHZ band). But both iMacs - whether they are connected to the 2.4 or 5 Wifi signal can see and print to the printer. Any ideas why this is happening and how to solve the issue with the iPhone/iPad? Thanks, Steve
I have an iPhone 7 (and yes I have been following all the various forum posts about the connection issues - even had the iOS Beta 10.1.4 installed until Apple released the latest 10.0.3 build) an... See more...
I have an iPhone 7 (and yes I have been following all the various forum posts about the connection issues - even had the iOS Beta 10.1.4 installed until Apple released the latest 10.0.3 build) and while the latest build of iOS seems to have fixed the disconnect problems, I am very disappointed on the Download and Upload speeds I get considering Verizon is pushing their "Advanced LTE" in all their ads. We live in South New Jersey (zip code 08831) and if I am not under Wifi, the speeds I get - tested using the SpeedTest app - are generally around 25-30Mbps for downloads and an abysmal 5Mbps uploads. When I drive into work in Brooklyn (zip 11230) it generally is a bit better, but not by much. So....where is this highly advertised ADVANCED LTE that Verizon is pushing in all their ads??????
I also installed iOS Beta 10.2 (which also installed Verizon 26.0) and after also turning back on Voice over LTE today I got no "no service" notices after driving from home (New Jersey 08831) to ... See more...
I also installed iOS Beta 10.2 (which also installed Verizon 26.0) and after also turning back on Voice over LTE today I got no "no service" notices after driving from home (New Jersey 08831) to Staten Island (10306) to Brooklyn (11230) and back running Apple Maps. Never saw it drop out of LTE - though I did get only 2 or 3 dots many times. Now whether the "fix" was part of the iOS update, the Verizon carrier update or a combination of both - who the heck knows! So at least it seems there is a light at the end of this screwed up tunnel. (Of course, everything on my iPhone 7 could change for the worse tomorrow.......)
Might as well add my info to this thread. iPhone 7 iOS 10.0.2 Verizon 25.1 Home Zip Code 08831 Issued happened 5 times driving through NJ and PA in a 36 hour period. Read the suggestion about t... See more...
Might as well add my info to this thread. iPhone 7 iOS 10.0.2 Verizon 25.1 Home Zip Code 08831 Issued happened 5 times driving through NJ and PA in a 36 hour period. Read the suggestion about turning off Voice over LTE and the problem of no service has not occurred, but my iPhone is constantly showing weaker signals than my wife's iPhone 6+ (running the same software versions). This is something that Verizon and Apple NEED to straighten out quickly.
We currently live in New Jersey (zip code 08831) but this issue has occurred in many areas around New York and New Jersey - it is NOT a weak signal in particular areas because my wife's iPhone 6P... See more...
We currently live in New Jersey (zip code 08831) but this issue has occurred in many areas around New York and New Jersey - it is NOT a weak signal in particular areas because my wife's iPhone 6Plus (also running iOS 10) does not have this issue. Thanks for replying
I got an iPhone 7 on Verizon's network (purchased through Apple directly) and I have constantly had the occurrence of "no signal". We recently relocated to Monroe Township, NJ and my wife and I a... See more...
I got an iPhone 7 on Verizon's network (purchased through Apple directly) and I have constantly had the occurrence of "no signal". We recently relocated to Monroe Township, NJ and my wife and I are both using our iPhones for directions (the Apple Map app). Very disturbing when you don't know where you are going and the phone loses signal! Both our phones have been updated to iOS 10 BUT this does not happen - and she generally gets better signal strength and never loses the signal - on her phone which is an iPhone 6 Plus. There have been multiple threads all over various boards (here, Apple MacRumors, etc.) about this issue. The only way - at least for the past day and a half - to improve this is to turn OFF LTE for voice (set it for data only). Prior to making this change the "no signal" came up 6 or 7 times in two days. A solution from Verizon would be nice, since apparently Sprint already had Apple push an updated carrier instructions (or whatever it is called). They went from 25.1 to 25.2 and the problem - from what I have read - seems to have stopped. Would be nice if Verizon would get their act together.
OH well. Same thing happened earlier this evening. Did a reset of all settings and even that did not help this time. Then I turned iCloud Photo Library on and off and after waiting for all the up... See more...
OH well. Same thing happened earlier this evening. Did a reset of all settings and even that did not help this time. Then I turned iCloud Photo Library on and off and after waiting for all the uploads/downloads it seems normal once again. Very annoying. Guess I will have to do that full factory reset when I get home after all.      
Had sometime in the hotel and did a settings reset and afree I got everything up and run ing again - and remembered all my settings - it seems to have cleared up the icloud problem for now. Now j... See more...
Had sometime in the hotel and did a settings reset and afree I got everything up and run ing again - and remembered all my settings - it seems to have cleared up the icloud problem for now. Now just have to wait and see if it comes back again in a few days like it did before. Because the. I will have to try the factory reset and restore and that will have to wait till we get back home. Wish me luck.
Yes. They suggested a full factory reset but we are on vacation and I don't have access to my iTunes backup and the wifi in the hotel where we are staying is very slow. Verizon LTE is about 50x ... See more...
Yes. They suggested a full factory reset but we are on vacation and I don't have access to my iTunes backup and the wifi in the hotel where we are staying is very slow. Verizon LTE is about 50x faster. LOL
Three were taking by the iPhone so they were originally on the phone. Two were uploaded and it got stuck on the third one. The other photos were transferred to my iPad mini by Canon's app from m... See more...
Three were taking by the iPhone so they were originally on the phone. Two were uploaded and it got stuck on the third one. The other photos were transferred to my iPad mini by Canon's app from my camera and the iPad did upload them to the iCloud photo library. I then transferred those photos from the iPad to iPhone using Airdrop and now - even though the iPad already uploaded them to the cloud, the iPhone is stuck trying to do the same thing
Yes I know that apples iCloud photo library is still in beta but very often my iPhone 6 will get stuck trying to upload photos (most that were taken by the phone itself) and my iPad Mini 2 has n... See more...
Yes I know that apples iCloud photo library is still in beta but very often my iPhone 6 will get stuck trying to upload photos (most that were taken by the phone itself) and my iPad Mini 2 has no issues. And now the iPhone 6 - when connected to wifi - is trying to upload 8 photos that were already uploaded my my iPad. Any suggestions besides a total factory reset - I am on vacation and don't have access to my iTunes backups.
Ann, you are missing my question. I realize that by waiting until next year I could get the "contract price" of around $200. My question was trying to verify the "ineligible upgrade discount" th... See more...
Ann, you are missing my question. I realize that by waiting until next year I could get the "contract price" of around $200. My question was trying to verify the "ineligible upgrade discount" that the person who wrote the column mentioned. That $100 discount - assuming that it exists - would bring his reported price from $550 to $450. In addition - Verizon is buying back iPhone 5 (which I have) for approximately $300.00. That would bring my total cost to about $150.00. My post was asking if anyone could confirm that there is this purported "ineligible upgrade discount".
The physical changes - aside from the new home button/scanner - are not much. The changes to the processor and its capabilities are. There are reportedly quite a few new functions in iOS 7 that w... See more...
The physical changes - aside from the new home button/scanner - are not much. The changes to the processor and its capabilities are. There are reportedly quite a few new functions in iOS 7 that will either not work or not work fully with any of the previous phones. Obviously the difference from 5 to 5s is not that dramatic. My figuring was that if the cost is not that dramatic (figure less than $150 to $200 cost) I would consider it. Much more than that, not so much.
I was reading a blog discussing how to "upgrade" to an iPhone 5s. I have the 5 and my upgrade date is not until next September. What was discussed in the blog was the following: (1) Retail Pric... See more...
I was reading a blog discussing how to "upgrade" to an iPhone 5s. I have the 5 and my upgrade date is not until next September. What was discussed in the blog was the following: (1) Retail Price for the 5s - 16GB was going to be $550 (though the writer was not sure) (2) He was told by a Verizon rep that he would only have to pay $450 as he would be receiving an "ineligibility upgrade discount" since he was not actually entitled to the full upgrade discount at the end of his agreement. Is this true - that Verizon offers a $100 discount off full retail for those who are not entitled to an actual upgrade at that time? Thanks, Steve
I had the 4 and to me it is much better. Definitely lighter (yeah and thinner). Apps certainly seem to open faster and apps that used processing (like iPhoto and Hipstamatic) seem to run better. ... See more...
I had the 4 and to me it is much better. Definitely lighter (yeah and thinner). Apps certainly seem to open faster and apps that used processing (like iPhoto and Hipstamatic) seem to run better. I have not tried everything that I have installed yet - just wanted to make sure that all the buttons, USB and BluTooth for my car and earphone jack were working properly. What I really like is that the front facing camera is FINALLY decent enough to actually take a non-video picture. Again I am coming from a 4 and the resolution of that camera (the front facing one) was abysmal. Did try the panorama and the camera indoors and what I have read about an improvement in low light seems true also. As far as maps - I have been playing with it on my iPad since the other day (when iOS 6 was released) and I do see the issues that a lot of people have seen. But I live in NYC and most of the "issues" (aside from the weird looking buildings) were related to small town type areas. Agree that Google maps were better at showing traffic. Did not use Google for turn-by-turn directions (don't even know if it had that) as I use GPS Drive for that) so I have not really played with that yet. I did try out having it display directions to some places and it was fine - just like Google with the three routes and estimated times and distance. Do agree that at times it seems the map is pointed in the wrong direction - not sure if that is an iPhone or GPS issue - but I had the same issue with the iPhone 4 with both Google maps and GPS Drive.
I got mine at around 10:30 EST and had no issues - glad it came early in the day. I would imagine as the day went on all these activation issues would get worse and then get better. Just look how... See more...
I got mine at around 10:30 EST and had no issues - glad it came early in the day. I would imagine as the day went on all these activation issues would get worse and then get better. Just look how slow iTunes was earlier on. Seems better now.
Well actually about 15 minutes ago. Did the Verizon activation and now letting iTunes restore from my last iPhone backup. So whoever was BSing about FEDEX delaying everything till after normal ... See more...
Well actually about 15 minutes ago. Did the Verizon activation and now letting iTunes restore from my last iPhone backup. So whoever was BSing about FEDEX delaying everything till after normal deliveries....... (Before you ask, I ordered 16GB Black 9/14 at approximately 9:25AM EST over the telephone. My confirmation said "delivery 9/12". Verizon's site and customer reps - up until Wednesday - said SHIP 9/21 with arrival around 9/26. Visa was charged Wed 8PM. Tracking email came Thurs 10AM.) Good luck to everyone waiting. Have fun to everyone who got theirs. Steve
My order was clocked in at Verizon at 9:27 EST (that would be 10:20 CST) and mine is being delivered tomorrow. I was continuously told by the CSRs that it would not SHIP until 9/21 but it was cha... See more...
My order was clocked in at Verizon at 9:27 EST (that would be 10:20 CST) and mine is being delivered tomorrow. I was continuously told by the CSRs that it would not SHIP until 9/21 but it was charged late Wednesday and got the email with the tracking around 10AM today.
And at least FEDEX will honor that request. UPS it is "up to the driver's discretion" (re: safety) to leave an item at a front door.