Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 11.7K Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

thomasbrooks4's Posts

I'm the son of the account owners and we have the family shared plan of unlmited text and data, and 1400 minutes between our 4 family members. (Mom, dad, sister, and me) We all have the ability t... See more...
I'm the son of the account owners and we have the family shared plan of unlmited text and data, and 1400 minutes between our 4 family members. (Mom, dad, sister, and me) We all have the ability to upgrade so that's not a problem. Only I was planning on pre-ordering the iphone 5 and I had a couple of questions. 1) I have unlimited shared data with my family and it asked me to change plans upon pre-ordering the iPhone 5. I've read online that you can pay full price and keep your unlimited data, but I was just wondering how exactly would you do that? When you pay full price does it ship as an unactivated phone? 2) I've heard you can open a new line just for an iPhone to get the unlimited data and keep plan. So is there a fee for opening a new line and how much would that be? Plus could I just cancel my old line if I open a new one to keep plan? 3) How does pre-ordering work with apple.com? I was lucky enough to get a reservation last night to have a first lot iPhone, but could I do all that I can from verizon.com on apple.com when pre-ordering? If it is different, how so? 4) Lastly, if there is no ways for working around the creating a new plan, would the, lets say, 10 GB plan only be for my phone since I'm getting it only for me, or would it be for my entire family? I saw that it said like $80.00 for 10 GB plan per month, would it be like 80 shared or 80 per person? Thank you for looking over this. I just want to get the new phone as fast as possible and my mom is skeptical about changing plans/costs so I would like to know all the information before hand to get help work things out and get a new phone.