Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,376 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

pzjagd1's Posts

If you have your phone in airplane mode, you are wasting your money on a TravelPass. The TravelPass is for cellular service, which airplane mode disables. To answer your question though, you c... See more...
If you have your phone in airplane mode, you are wasting your money on a TravelPass. The TravelPass is for cellular service, which airplane mode disables. To answer your question though, you can make calls and send/receive texts while on wifi. I recently did it on a cruise ship at sea.
BTW, I'm leaving next month because of the change in international plans they recently imposed. If enough of us do, maybe they will rethink that change. And if not; oh well.
You're totally missing the big picture. You're still a customer; you say you have been since the beginning. Obviously, VZW didn't need to offer you freebies to stay all those years. How do the... See more...
You're totally missing the big picture. You're still a customer; you say you have been since the beginning. Obviously, VZW didn't need to offer you freebies to stay all those years. How do they grow revenue then? Either raise your rates or recruit new customers. How do they get new customers; incentives. From the looks of it, you'll stay a customer even without incentives. So why would they just give you something for free. You want freebies, then leave VZW and then eventually they will realize they need to give existing customers freebies also. Until that happens in droves, it's status quo.
I'm not a lawyer (though I spent 34 years in a court room) and neither is the guy who wrote that article. But if he has interpreted that ruling correctly, then yes, it only applies to residents o... See more...
I'm not a lawyer (though I spent 34 years in a court room) and neither is the guy who wrote that article. But if he has interpreted that ruling correctly, then yes, it only applies to residents of California; the Alabama resident was dismissed from the case. The judge based his ruling on a ruling by the California Supreme Court; the US Supreme Court has yet to weigh in. That said, it has a long way to go (the Ninth Circuit has to rule first) before it gets to the Supreme Court for a final ruling. It may or may NOT stand once it gets there. In the mean time, unless you live in California, your only option is an individual lawsuit (not a class action) or arbitration.
Class action law suits aren't possible against your carrier, per the US Supreme Court. But don't take my word for it, consult an attorney. That action against ATT was through the Federal Trade Co... See more...
Class action law suits aren't possible against your carrier, per the US Supreme Court. But don't take my word for it, consult an attorney. That action against ATT was through the Federal Trade Commission.
Yes, you can text (and call) for free over WiFi, if your phone supports it. With most of the  newer plans, you can do so over cellular also. What plan are you on? Just did both from a cruise s... See more...
Yes, you can text (and call) for free over WiFi, if your phone supports it. With most of the  newer plans, you can do so over cellular also. What plan are you on? Just did both from a cruise ship over wifi with a iPhone 8.
"Deals" are to lure in new customers. You've been a customer for 13+ years without ever receiving a "deal". Sounds like their marketing strategy is working just fine.
Just returned from a cruise on Royal Caribbean. With the phone in airplane mode and using the ship wifi, we made several calls with wifi calling enabled. Of course, you have to pay for a wifi pla... See more...
Just returned from a cruise on Royal Caribbean. With the phone in airplane mode and using the ship wifi, we made several calls with wifi calling enabled. Of course, you have to pay for a wifi plan on the ship. You could do the same, if you find a wifi hotspot in Bermuda.
Just returned from a cruise on Royal Caribbean. With the phone in airplane mode and using the ship wifi, we made several calls with wifi calling enabled. Of course, you have to pay for a wifi pla... See more...
Just returned from a cruise on Royal Caribbean. With the phone in airplane mode and using the ship wifi, we made several calls with wifi calling enabled. Of course, you have to pay for a wifi plan on the ship.
The only difference between Go Unlimited and Go Unlimited 55+ is no free Netflix. You would have to have international roaming on so that you will hit a Canadian carrier.
The police can get a court order and Verizon CAN tell them the number of the caller. It may be blocked to you, but their records will reflect the origin of the caller. Either the police don't kno... See more...
The police can get a court order and Verizon CAN tell them the number of the caller. It may be blocked to you, but their records will reflect the origin of the caller. Either the police don't know that or just don't want to be bothered.
All I can add is that if Verizon didn't provide service where I live, I'd be switching carriers. Why do you continue to pay for something you can't use?
Anyone in the world can send you a text or call you at no cost to YOU. It may cost THEM, depending on their carrier and plan. Verizon plans don't limit incoming calls or texts.
"Filing complaints is impossible.  The numbers aren't legit." Actually, many times they are legitimate numbers; they've been spoofed. I've even received a call that showed my own number callin... See more...
"Filing complaints is impossible.  The numbers aren't legit." Actually, many times they are legitimate numbers; they've been spoofed. I've even received a call that showed my own number calling me. And that is why it's no simple matter to block these spammers. Many originate overseas, so the caller doesn't care that you are on the DNC list.......there's not a thing the US government can do to them and they know it. Now you do to. Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
I think your asking which US carrier offers the best overseas pricing. That would be T-Mobile. They offer free texting and data in much of Europe and very good pricing for voice calls. As Ann... See more...
I think your asking which US carrier offers the best overseas pricing. That would be T-Mobile. They offer free texting and data in much of Europe and very good pricing for voice calls. As Ann154 says, you can stay with Verizon and just buy a prepaid card for a local carrier when you get to Europe. Just make sure your device is unlocked. Be aware, you will have a new phone number over there and people calling you will be making an international call.
The other carriers have the same or similar requirements and their loyal customers make the very same complaint.
You really have to ask? Of course TMo is going to want their $1300 back and will turn it over to collections if they don't get it. You agreed to a minimum time frame to get that deal and you will... See more...
You really have to ask? Of course TMo is going to want their $1300 back and will turn it over to collections if they don't get it. You agreed to a minimum time frame to get that deal and you will need to fulfill it or pay the penalty.
I think this question should be asked of ATT, not Verizon. Verizon has no access to your ATT account info.
I think you've answered your own question in your last paragraph. Some of these people will do anything and risk everything. You cant stop that behavior with an app any more than an app could sto... See more...
I think you've answered your own question in your last paragraph. Some of these people will do anything and risk everything. You cant stop that behavior with an app any more than an app could stop an alcoholic from drinking or a drug addict from using. Even if you found the perfect app, what's to keep them from getting another "secret" phone? Sorry, but an app isn't the answer.
You have two choices; $10 a day ($100 for 10 days) or the 30 day pass for $40.