I pay monthly for the insurance service that Verizon offers via Asurion and I was wondering if the coverage will transfer to a new phone I recently purchased (unlocked Note 8 from Bestbuy). I ask... Ver más...
I pay monthly for the insurance service that Verizon offers via Asurion and I was wondering if the coverage will transfer to a new phone I recently purchased (unlocked Note 8 from Bestbuy). I asked the Asurion live chat rep on their website and I was told that it would transfer, but it seems she wasn't confident in her answer. If it does cover it, will the replacement phone be a Verizon branded Note 8? Will the claim reject because they probably don't even have unlocked Note 8's? Thank you guys!
Hello, I purchased the Note 4 Frost White during the holiday season and exchanged it on 1/10 for the Charcoal Black version as I did not like the white version. I see that the Galaxy Edge came... Ver más...
Hello, I purchased the Note 4 Frost White during the holiday season and exchanged it on 1/10 for the Charcoal Black version as I did not like the white version. I see that the Galaxy Edge came out and I am interested in purchasing the product. Is there a limit on the number of exchanges made? Can I make a second exchange to get the Edge? If there is a limit and I have reached that limit, am I allowed to return the phone and purchase the Edge? Please let me know if there is any way to get the Edge. Note: The exchange period ends on the 15th of January (original device)
Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to force CDMA (3G) on my LG G2 Verizon instead of it always being on 4G (4G everywhere in my area). I was able to do this on my Nexus phone, by simp... Ver más...
Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to force CDMA (3G) on my LG G2 Verizon instead of it always being on 4G (4G everywhere in my area). I was able to do this on my Nexus phone, by simply changing the radio type from LTE to CDMA. On this phone, LTE/CDMA is combined as one option. Any ideas on how to go about forcing CDMA only like I was able to on my Nexus? Thanks
Have you tried a factory reset? Not from within Jellybean itself, but from turning off your phone and going into recovery mode at boot? I have yet to experience any issues with the phone and it c... Ver más...
Have you tried a factory reset? Not from within Jellybean itself, but from turning off your phone and going into recovery mode at boot? I have yet to experience any issues with the phone and it could always be a 3rd party application not knowing how to react to this new OS. If you would like to try this option, follow these steps. Turn off the device Hold the power button and the volume keys together at the same time Wait until you see "Start" Using your volume keys, press the up key until you reach "Recovery mode" (The Google logo will appear) Press power + up volume key until you see "Android system recovery <3e> From here, use your volume down key to select "wipe data/ factory reset" You will lose all your data, hence a "factory reset". You can download a free application from Google Inc called "Google Drive" which comes with 5GB free of online storage. You can upload important files there! Verizon Wireless heavily tests future ota upgrades and they wouldn't release any corrupt updates.