^ Like I previously stated... I called the Trade In Device over 10 times in 4 months via their 8004168894 phone number and each person I spoke to kept assuring me I will receive the correct cr... Ver más...
^ Like I previously stated... I called the Trade In Device over 10 times in 4 months via their 8004168894 phone number and each person I spoke to kept assuring me I will receive the correct credit amount in the next billing cycle and to just wait.  Never happened and it took me cancelling my account to finally speak to a representative that actually followed up personally and texted me with updates. After 4 months I received the correct bill credits thanks to the CANCELLATION dept. Here's how your bill should look like once you get the correct promo trade in credit applied 669.99 Promo Trade Credit 1 of 24 -$28.06 669.99 Promo Trade Credit 2 of 24 -$27.91 669.99 Promo Trade Credit 3 of 24 -$27.91 669.99 Promo Trade Credit 4 of 24 -$27.91
The Trade In Dept at 8004168894 are useless.  Trust me I spoke to everyone there and NOT one followed up to get those correct credits for me.  The only Dept that truly helped me was the ... Ver más...
The Trade In Dept at 8004168894 are useless.  Trust me I spoke to everyone there and NOT one followed up to get those correct credits for me.  The only Dept that truly helped me was the cancellation dept.  They submitted a Trade-In/Promotional Correction Request which was followed up by a text by the nice lady at Verizon Cancellation Dept telling me that the credit I was due was approved and even gave me a date of when it was to be applied. Very poor quality control at the Trade In Dept and NEVER again will I trust trading my phone to Verizon with a 'promise' for future bill credits. 
This one... Black Friday 2016. And Yes I finally got my credits after 10 calls to Trade In dept in a matter of 4 months which didn't help. The only Verizon Dept capable of following up with my pr... Ver más...
This one... Black Friday 2016. And Yes I finally got my credits after 10 calls to Trade In dept in a matter of 4 months which didn't help. The only Verizon Dept capable of following up with my problem was the CANCELLATION DEPT!
Another Trade In Black Friday 2016 horror story on this forum. I just shake my head at everything you posted because it happened exactly to me. I finally got my bill credits by speaking to... Ver más...
Another Trade In Black Friday 2016 horror story on this forum. I just shake my head at everything you posted because it happened exactly to me. I finally got my bill credits by speaking to the cancellation dept.  After 10 calls to the trade in dept, being transferred to tech support, customer service, billing dept.. etc.. being put on hold for hours on end and having to hear the same script of "be patient, your bill credits will appear in the next billing cycle" over and over and over again I was done with Verizon and wanted to just pay off my installment agreement and cancel my service.  Only then was I able to get the correct credits applied to my account.  Terrible that each and everyone of us had to call numerous times and even still couldn't get the issue resolved. Lesson learned.. DO NOT TRADE IN YOUR PHONE TO VERIZON.  Too much risk and gamble with no assurance you will get the correct credits or promotion.
Trade in Dept is useless as I have spoken to them literally about 10 times in 3-4 months.  Next time.. call and say "cancel".   Paying off your installment agreement in order to cancel your a... Ver más...
Trade in Dept is useless as I have spoken to them literally about 10 times in 3-4 months.  Next time.. call and say "cancel".   Paying off your installment agreement in order to cancel your account is the only dept worth talking to at Verizon. Everyone else I spoke to regarding the trade credits follow the same script.. "Give it some time, be patient, you will get the correct credits in the next billing cycle" Welcome to the Forums and you will the read the same stories as yours on here so just know you're not the only one getting screwed.
Oh wow same situation as me.  You can literally read all the 2016 Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Xmas horror stories on this forum and feel good about it because you're NOT the only one being scr... Ver más...
Oh wow same situation as me.  You can literally read all the 2016 Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Xmas horror stories on this forum and feel good about it because you're NOT the only one being screwed over believing their trade in promotion scams. LOL @ the same Verizon Trade In script they are telling everyone... "Don't worry, give it some time, you will get the correct credits"
Same situation with me and let me tell you after about 10 calls to the Trade In Department... they are USELESS!  Half of the times I called in, they told me NOT to worry and the correct credits w... Ver más...
Same situation with me and let me tell you after about 10 calls to the Trade In Department... they are USELESS!  Half of the times I called in, they told me NOT to worry and the correct credits will appear in a future bill and to be patient because they can't do nothing about it.  The other times, they put you on hold for about an hour so you get impatient and hang up. One time, they just kept transferring me to another dept, then to another dept, and I had to explain the situation several times, and I eventually got to the tech support dept which didn't have a clue.  Bottom line.. pay off the installment agreement if you can and CANCEL your Verizon account.  That's how I got my bill credits to finally appear on my account.  If Verizon cannot keep their promise and gives you the run around.. why continue to pay for their services? Lesson learn to NEVER trade in a good phone to Verizon with a promise of a bill credits in the future which may or may not happened.  It's too much of a gamble to send your phone to the Verizon trade in dept. 
I bought my Iphone on Thanksgiving day 2016 under the same promotion of a $669.99 credit if you trade in 1 out of 13 eligible phones. My Note 5 was received by their Fort Worth office on 12/12... Ver más...
I bought my Iphone on Thanksgiving day 2016 under the same promotion of a $669.99 credit if you trade in 1 out of 13 eligible phones. My Note 5 was received by their Fort Worth office on 12/12/2016, and after 3 months, they finally sent me an email stating that they didn't receive the phone in time and the promotion was over so they just credited me a one time $197 instead of 24 months of .$27.87 as promised. So same as you, I called the trade in dept several times over 3 months and each time, the customer rep just gave me a phony excuse about how it takes time for the credits to appear and they don't see anything wrong with my account.  They, believe it or not, kept telling me to not worry about those emails, as they aren't true, and my account will be credited the right amounts. After the 10th call to the trade in department, and after getting the bill which shows ONLY the $197 credit, and after the run around for 3 months, I was done with Verizon.  I had filed my taxes so I had enough money to pay of the installment agreement and decided to cancel my account.  As I was talking to the cancellation department, the representative said she will have the trade in reevaluated and to give her a chance to fix this issue.  2 days later, my account was credited, the 3 months of credits and the $197 was reversed.  
There are so many horror stories of Verizon trade in promotions, or device payment plans on this forum. It's sickening that Verizon can continue to do this to their customer base unless they go o... Ver más...
There are so many horror stories of Verizon trade in promotions, or device payment plans on this forum. It's sickening that Verizon can continue to do this to their customer base unless they go out of their way to get the credits they were promised.  Lesson learned to just pay for the phone outright, and NEVER trade in a good phone to Verizon. 
Amazing how many horror stories have been told my Verizon customers on this forum due to promotional and trade in gimmicks to lock you in for 24 months. 
I think everyone that has traded in any phone or 'promised' by Verizon with 'future' bill credits have learned their lessons.  I too waited over 4 months to receive my bill credits and just recei... Ver más...
I think everyone that has traded in any phone or 'promised' by Verizon with 'future' bill credits have learned their lessons.  I too waited over 4 months to receive my bill credits and just received them this month, and I bought the Iphone on Thanksgiving day.  They received my trade in phone on 12/12/2016 and they have been sitting on it for 2+ months to send me an email saying the trade in promotion appraisal value was $473 less because it was received after the deadline, and there was no valid promotion applied to my account.  I had to call in several times wondering what was going on?  Verizon Wireless at this point cannot be trusted with any of their promotions or trade in offers and I for one would never advise anyone to go this route with them.
^ I hope it all works out for you and don't give up. I actually didn't threaten but WANTED to close my account with Verizon because no way I was going to pay another dime to Verizon for servi... Ver más...
^ I hope it all works out for you and don't give up. I actually didn't threaten but WANTED to close my account with Verizon because no way I was going to pay another dime to Verizon for services.  One thing for sure... NO WAY will I ever trade in a phone with Verizon after this ordeal.  I rather sell my phone and deal with scammers on eBay where you're expecting it.  With Verizon, you're not expecting to be scammed and you have zero recourse with Verizon other than to cancel.  
After 4 months, my issue was finally taken care of by... the cancellation department. I was livid and saved up enough to pay off the Iphone 7 contract so I called in to cancel.  Of course the... Ver más...
After 4 months, my issue was finally taken care of by... the cancellation department. I was livid and saved up enough to pay off the Iphone 7 contract so I called in to cancel.  Of course the rep was very apologetic with my issue so she said before I cancel she would follow up to address my issue.  She submitted yet another request to have the trade in reevaluated.  A few days later, viola like magic, the correct promotional credit was assessed to my account and the ridiculous one time credit was reversed. I am relieved yet still quite frustrated that it took over 4 months to get this resolved.
[Removed] I was in the same boat as you OP.  Traded in my perfect Galaxy Note 5 as one of the 13 eligible phones in order to get a free Iphone 7 as this was the Black Friday 2016 promotion. ... See more...
[Removed] I was in the same boat as you OP.  Traded in my perfect Galaxy Note 5 as one of the 13 eligible phones in order to get a free Iphone 7 as this was the Black Friday 2016 promotion.   After 4 plus months of dealing with the trade in dept, and customer service, I was finally able to get thru to the right person which just happens to be the Verizon rep responsible for cancelling accounts.  I was done with Verizon, and was just gonna pay off my $850 Iphone 7plus contract and cancel my Verizon account.  I was not going to pay another penny for their service if I didn't receive the correct promotional trade in value. If Verizon scammed you than what choice do you really have other than to cancel? Again keep calling and complaining is all I can advise and eventually you will talk to the right person that can handle your issue. discussing moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service Message edited by Verizon Moderator
This was the promotion and I bought the Iphone online and mailed it the trade in device with a tracking information that stated that Verizon received the phone on 12/12/2016. http://www.verizo... Ver más...
This was the promotion and I bought the Iphone online and mailed it the trade in device with a tracking information that stated that Verizon received the phone on 12/12/2016. http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-all-best-phones-including-verizon-exclusives-next-gen-network-0-black-friday-weekend Get all of the best phones – including Verizon exclusives ...<http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-all-best-phones-including-verizon-exclusives-next-gen-network-0-black-friday-weekend> www.verizon.com Celebrate Black Friday a day early and all weekend long with unmatched deals, including flagship smartphones at no cost with eligible trade-in. Smartphones Get an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Pixel, Phone by Google, Pixel XL, Phone by Google, Moto Z Droid, Moto Z Droid Force, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S7 at no cost with no money down when you trade in one of 13 eligible phones.* Valid through Sunday. 13 eligible trade-in devices include Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPhone 6S Plus, Apple iPhone 7, Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge +, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Note5, LG V20, LG G5 and Moto Droid Turbo 2.
I contacted Verizon Wireless, went over the entire scenario once again and they have submitted a form to further investigate the issue.  This is I believe the 2nd time so fingers crossed yet agai... Ver más...
I contacted Verizon Wireless, went over the entire scenario once again and they have submitted a form to further investigate the issue.  This is I believe the 2nd time so fingers crossed yet again. I will update this post with any new details. Muchas gracias
Did you ever get this resolved as I am having the same issue right now?
Same issue here. Looks like some of you guys are able to get this resolved. I guess I better just continue calling and inquiring
Wow more horror stories of what I am dealing with in regards to my trade in. A 669.99 appraised value to just 197.00 Lesson learned;  NEVER NEVER Trade in a phone to Verizon
Black Friday 2016 Verizon Wireless had the following promotion; Starting online tomorrow and in stores on Black Friday, get an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Pixel, Phone by Google, Pixel XL, Phon... Ver más...
Black Friday 2016 Verizon Wireless had the following promotion; Starting online tomorrow and in stores on Black Friday, get an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Pixel, Phone by Google, Pixel XL, Phone by Google, Moto Z Droid, Moto Z Droid Force, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S7 at no cost with no money down when you select device payment and trade in one of 13 eligible phones.* I traded in my phone a Galaxy Note 5 which was one of the eligible 13 phones and was provided the following appraisal; Device: Samsung Galaxy Note5 32GB in Black Sapphire  Estimated Value: $669.99 The shipment tracking stated the phone was received by Verizon at their Texas Fort Worth office on 12/12/2016. On 2/22/2017, I received the email with the following; We've received and inspected the value of your used device. The actual value of your device is $197.00, which is different than the original estimate due to the following reason(s): Device received after the eligible period Then on 3/3/2017, another email which states the following; We've received and inspected the value of your used device. The actual value of your device is $197, which is different than the original estimate due to the following reason(s): No qualifying promotion found I called the Trade In Device dept at 8004168894 and they kept assuring me I will receive the correct credit amount and to just wait.  I received the most current bill, and I have check my next bill, and that's it I only received $197 credit for a phone appraised for $669.99, which is a $473 difference. I didn't want an Iphone 7 nor could I afford the payment plan UNLESS I received those trade in monthly credits per the original appraisal.  Only reason why I bought the Iphone was because of this trade in credit.  Verizon Wireless messed with me and I am NOT sure what I did wrong to deserve this.  I now have to adjust my monthly budget just to be able to pay my monthly bill.  This is ridiculous and looking for a way to just pay off the Iphone so I can disconnect my service.  One of the worst experiences in my life. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 I had was flawless as it's been in a OtterBox defender case ever since I bought it new.