Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,640 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

postmasterp's Posts

And you were happy to pay that?
Bought my Galaxy Nexus in April of 2012, along with insurance on the phone. Love the phone and the pure Android experience. However, back in February, I woke up one morning and noticed that even ... See more...
Bought my Galaxy Nexus in April of 2012, along with insurance on the phone. Love the phone and the pure Android experience. However, back in February, I woke up one morning and noticed that even though my phone was plugged in, the battery was not charging. I tried using different cords and my spare battery, neither fixed the issue, which meant that the charging port on the phone was defective. I brought it to a VZW store, and since the issue occurred within a year of purchasing the phone, they sent me a certified pre-owned galaxy nexus as a replacement (They had to send me three replacement phones total because the first two would not boot properly, but that's a different story.) So here I am, 5 months later, and I woke up one morning and discover the same issue. Phone is plugged in (using the original charger that come with the original phone by the way), but it is not charging. Won't charge with a different cord, won't charge with a different battery, which means that the port is defective. I take the phone to the Verizon store, and am informed that A) my year-long warranty has run out, so if I want to replace the phone I will have to pay full retail price for it, and B) The default insurance plan on these phones only covers cracked screens or lost devices. The VZW support rep actually suggested that I damage the screen on the phone before sending it to the insurance company, because otherwise they would send it back and refuse to replace it. So to recap, Verizon sold me a defective device, replaced it with another defective device, and now in order to fulfill the remaining nine months of my contract with them, I will have to purchase another device at full retail value. That's $600-$700 I'm expected to pay just to continue adhering to the terms of my contract. For now, I went on amazon and bought an external battery charger which I now have to carry with me at all times, which is an unacceptable solution for the next nine months. Surely there has to be a better option?
I'm with you. I'm aware of the language in the contract that we all signed, but VZW's handling of this device is grounds for class action. I am so infuriated.
Adding to this comment, the issue of CDMA vs. GSM and HPSA+ related sign-off is a diversion since the official JB software code has been finalized and is available for use as long as you're willi... See more...
Adding to this comment, the issue of CDMA vs. GSM and HPSA+ related sign-off is a diversion since the official JB software code has been finalized and is available for use as long as you're willing to violate your terms of service. I will be mailing a box of unpleasant contents to Verizon's mobile headquarters in the near future. I was deceived when I thought I was buying my first nexus device, and I am disappointed in the lack of service and communication from my carrier. I will also be voicing my displeasure in the form of changing carriers when my current contract expires, a decision made even easier by the expiration of my unlimited data plan at that time.