Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,634 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mc_hudd's Posts

I'm assuming since there haven't been any replies, there is no new firmware update?
I am running version 135, just curious if there's a new firmware update available.  I read in another post something about v. 139, but wasn't sure if it was a typo or not.   TIA!
Just recently I updated my VZAM.  Everything worked fine for a few days afterwards, but now it won't connect to the internet automatically like it used to.    I used to be able to just hit the ... See more...
Just recently I updated my VZAM.  Everything worked fine for a few days afterwards, but now it won't connect to the internet automatically like it used to.    I used to be able to just hit the "connect wifi" button on VZAM & immediately go on the internet, but now I have to go to my Admin. page & manually connect.   Is there some setting that changed when I updated that I need to change back?  This is very annoying, I just want it fixed.   Also, I updated the firmware of my MIFI 2200, if that is of any importance here.   Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!
This is what I'm doing.  I rarely plug the MIFI into my computer via USB... I've just left it sitting in the best location for signal & plugged into the wall - every once in a while I unplug it &... See more...
This is what I'm doing.  I rarely plug the MIFI into my computer via USB... I've just left it sitting in the best location for signal & plugged into the wall - every once in a while I unplug it & turn it completely off for a while (like @ night when I'm in bed), I just figure this lets it rest & restart, kind of like a computer.
I'm pretty sure when you got the MIFI, when it was activated that automatically deactivated your old modem.  I could be wrong though.   No, when your MIFI is connected using the USB cable, it i... See more...
I'm pretty sure when you got the MIFI, when it was activated that automatically deactivated your old modem.  I could be wrong though.   No, when your MIFI is connected using the USB cable, it is no longer a "hot spot"... However, there is a way to configure it to do this - you'll have to search the forums for the instructions.
Are you connected to National Access or Mobile Broadband?  If you're connnected to NA, it's very slow even w/ a full signal - a little bit better than dial-up, but not much. This happened to m... See more...
Are you connected to National Access or Mobile Broadband?  If you're connnected to NA, it's very slow even w/ a full signal - a little bit better than dial-up, but not much. This happened to me about a month & 1/2 ago... I called customer service several times & they finally issued a "trouble ticket" & sent someone out to check the towers in my area, I started connecting to Broadband again even though they said the problem was on my end & they had done nothing to the tower - ???  You'll probably have to call them.  Good luck!
I just recently upgraded from a USB727 modem to the MIFI2200... What do I do w/ my old modem?  Are they worth anything?  Can I use it for anything else?   Thanks! Shannon
I don't agree!  I would either ask for a replacement to try or just give up before you're committed to a contract.  I am not sure what my speeds are exactly, but I know they are more than 60 or 8... See more...
I don't agree!  I would either ask for a replacement to try or just give up before you're committed to a contract.  I am not sure what my speeds are exactly, but I know they are more than 60 or 80 kb.  I'll have to do a speed test tonight & get back to you.
Thanks for your reply Dave.  I actually changed that setting before I posted this, but @ that time it didn't seem to be doing any good.  After a couple of days however, the problem was fixed & I ... See more...
Thanks for your reply Dave.  I actually changed that setting before I posted this, but @ that time it didn't seem to be doing any good.  After a couple of days however, the problem was fixed & I haven't had to "reset" my MIFI since (knock on wood!).  I don't suppose not letting it go to sleep will hurt anything will it?   I thought the generic password to log into the HTTP site was "admin", but I could be wrong... Maybe you could give it a shot.   Thanks again!   Shannon
OK, here's my problem:  I just got the MIFI2200 last Saturday & so far I love it!  I also purchased a new laptop so I can "compute" elsewhere.    I have an older desktop that I had to buy a wir... See more...
OK, here's my problem:  I just got the MIFI2200 last Saturday & so far I love it!  I also purchased a new laptop so I can "compute" elsewhere.    I have an older desktop that I had to buy a wireless card for, so now both computers are WIFI capable.  BUT, I have been leaving the MIFI plugged into an outlet so it's always on and when I try to find WIFI using either computer they can't find anything.  I have to either unplug the MIFI and completely turn it off or just hold in the power button for a couple of seconds so the status light blinks before either computer can find WIFI.  After that things are A-OK until I disconnect, I usually have to perform the previous steps again to reconnect.  Any suggestions to fix this?  It's not that big of a deal, but kind of annoying. Thanks in advance, Shannon PS~  Desktop running WinXP w/ TrendNet USB wireless connector (?)         Laptop running WinVista w/ built-in wireless card.
I'm with you on this one Rob.  I don't understand how ppl use so much... Maybe I'm just boring with my internet surfing... LOL. I have had VW Mobile Broadband for about 15 months now & have ye... See more...
I'm with you on this one Rob.  I don't understand how ppl use so much... Maybe I'm just boring with my internet surfing... LOL. I have had VW Mobile Broadband for about 15 months now & have yet to even get near my 5 GB limit.  This month I got to about 1/2 (2500 MB), but that's the highest I think I've ever went.  I do always like to wait until a few days before the new billing period starts to get any large downloads, that way I know if I have enough MB's remaining.  I am a pretty casual user, but I do download music from iTunes & watch the occasional video from YouTube.  But, I've heard that gaming & video/TV downloads are not recommended for this type of internet w/ a limit.
I too had this problem back around 9/17/09.  I have been a customer of V.W. - Mobile Broadband since July of 08 & from day 1 - 90% of the time would connect to Broadband Access.  One night when I... See more...
I too had this problem back around 9/17/09.  I have been a customer of V.W. - Mobile Broadband since July of 08 & from day 1 - 90% of the time would connect to Broadband Access.  One night when I started to connect a pop-up notified me that the coverage area had changed & should be updated, so I downloaded the update.  After that download I could only connect to National Access - very slow.  My brother who lives about 1 mile away from me also had the same thing happen (except for the coverage area download) within a couple of days of my incident.  Finally, after trying everything else, I got irritated & called Verizon.  They were very polite & I didn't stay on hold forever, but they couldn't figure out what the problem was.  I called back about every 2-3 days thinking that if I became annoying enough maybe they would fix the problem.  Finally, I called one night & told them this had been happening for 1 1/2 - 2 weeks now & I was considering canceling my plan, etc. & they decided to issue a "Trouble Ticket".  I never heard back from them like they said I would, so I called them again.  The lady I spoke to said that someone had been out to my area to check the towers & make sure they were OK, but needed more info. b/c it seemed that the tower closest to me was picking up a "foreign carrier".  *What "foreign carrier" means, I don't know.*  This went on until 10/12/09 when my brother called me & asked if I had checked my internet - his was working on Broadband again.  So I checked mine & low & behold mine too was back, running on Broadband!!!!  The next night I received a call from Verizon saying that they had checked the towers in my area & nothing was wrong with them, I was just in a bad area & my signals could & would fluctuate sometimes.  I told them that was odd, b/c for over a year they had never "fluctuated" that bad & I told him about the "foreign carriers".  He then tried to blame it on my computer, that something could be running in the background or I could have spyware, viruses, etc. that were causing my slow speeds.  Does that make sense???  My computer worked/works fine... How could spyware or anything else make my signal drop?!  I also told him that it also seemed strange that mine & my brothers miraculously started connecting to Broadband at the same time - he changed the subject & again told me that the problem must be on my end.  I ended the phone call by telling him that he could tell me whatever he wanted but that I am not a stupid person & didn't believe a word that he was telling me, he was just trying to cover the company's b**t.  I said that it didn't matter anymore because the problem was resolved for the moment & that as long as it continued to work correctly I wouldn't be calling back.  Since then, my connection has been as close to perfect as I can expect it to be.  I'm again very satisfied with Verizon Wireless & their coverage.  BUT, I will not be downloading another "coverage area update" again until I think it's absolutely necessary!
To EVDOalex:  Have you personally done this?  I always hate getting into stuff like this in fear that it will really screw up something.  Please let me know if you have & how it worked.  Thanks!
Yes, you can.  I just did this.  However, I wasn't ready for my upgrade, so I had to do an "Early Upgrade" & had to pay more for the mifi2200....  It's just like getting a new cell phone, your pl... See more...
Yes, you can.  I just did this.  However, I wasn't ready for my upgrade, so I had to do an "Early Upgrade" & had to pay more for the mifi2200....  It's just like getting a new cell phone, your plan doesn't change except for having to re-sign another 2 yr. contract.
In the box w/ the MIFI, there should've been a little sheet of paper w/ your passkey and stuff on it.  Read the very fine print under it & it has a HTTP address listed, just type that into your w... See more...
In the box w/ the MIFI, there should've been a little sheet of paper w/ your passkey and stuff on it.  Read the very fine print under it & it has a HTTP address listed, just type that into your web browser and it will take you to info. about your wireless connections.  After you put in your password, you can click on the button all the way to the right (can't remember the name, not at my home computer) then click on Diagnostics... The info. you're looking for is at the bottom & can be reset each month.   Hope this helps!