Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,039 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mg4499's Posts

Just bought the Droid Mini.  Bad enough I cannot download tones I already paid for on old phone.  Now, when trying to load onto Mini, I get this: "NOTICE The  Media Store does not currently... See more...
Just bought the Droid Mini.  Bad enough I cannot download tones I already paid for on old phone.  Now, when trying to load onto Mini, I get this: "NOTICE The  Media Store does not currently support delivery of ringtones to your  device due to incompatibility with the device's multimedia messaging  client..." Really?  It's a Verizon phone, isn't it?  One more hickup with this new phone and it's bye-bye Verizon.
Same problem here.  Phone is broken - no display. I am registered with Verizon Cloud and my Contacts are backed up there.  I download the Cloud Desktop App for Windows (XP) thinking I could readi... See more...
Same problem here.  Phone is broken - no display. I am registered with Verizon Cloud and my Contacts are backed up there.  I download the Cloud Desktop App for Windows (XP) thinking I could readily view contacts from the app. I don't see a way to do that.  I only see photos, videos, and documents. Why can I NOT view Cloud-stored contacts on my desktop with Cloud desktop app? If I don't take photos, videos and my documents are backed up elsewhere, why do I need the Cloud at all? Thank you
I cannot risk master reset losing my calendar and contacts. I live by the calendar and it is not synced with any other program off of my Android phone. If I'm given a reliable way to move/backu... See more...
I cannot risk master reset losing my calendar and contacts. I live by the calendar and it is not synced with any other program off of my Android phone. If I'm given a reliable way to move/backup ALL Past, Present, and Future Calendar events AND all Contacts, I will consider doing that and then a master reset. I cannot risk losing my calendar so backing up should be something I do regularly anway. I just haven't spent time to find the right way for me to do that. Thank you
Thank you but Safe Mode restart did not eliminate the problem. I still get two tones when I place or answer a call. I cannot continue using this HTC Incredible/Verizon if nobody can tell me what... See more...
Thank you but Safe Mode restart did not eliminate the problem. I still get two tones when I place or answer a call. I cannot continue using this HTC Incredible/Verizon if nobody can tell me what these tones mean and what's causing them. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks again for the suggestion. I was hopeful the Safe Mode would help to diagnose but it did not.
Emergency tone is Off. No Settings that would explain these tones. I would have expected to hear from at least a few Android users who either have heard them or know what they indicate. Even mo... See more...
Emergency tone is Off. No Settings that would explain these tones. I would have expected to hear from at least a few Android users who either have heard them or know what they indicate. Even more suspiscious that I have not heard a "me too". I don't want to lose contacts with factory reset. If there turns out to be any adverse privacy issues related to these tones, and I eventually discover what and who is causing them, there will be very public issues for those involved.
Thank you. Data usage is not a concern. I will try the uncheck/check method to dictate what and when I want to sync and see how that works over the next couple of weeks. This auto/manual thin... See more...
Thank you. Data usage is not a concern. I will try the uncheck/check method to dictate what and when I want to sync and see how that works over the next couple of weeks. This auto/manual thing seems to me to be a fundamental aspect of backups or syncing. Not being a tech, providing an option for Manual Sync seems obvious and I wonder what the reason(s) are for not providing the option to users. Maybe someone will explain that to me OR Verizon will intro the Manual option to the Cloud soon. Thanks again.
Yes, the unit has been powered on/off several times since these tones started - no effect. Tried changing voice privace Setting - no effect. Seems like somebody should know what these tones sig... See more...
Yes, the unit has been powered on/off several times since these tones started - no effect. Tried changing voice privace Setting - no effect. Seems like somebody should know what these tones signify. They are two tones - loud, quick, and of ascending pitch every time I answer or place a call. As I said before, they are very suspicious to me since the started for no apparent reason. Please help me out to find answer to what they might be indicating. Thank you for getting back to me.
I have an HTC Incredible running Android 2.3.4, Build 4.08.  Recently, I started getting two loud tones everytime I answer or make a call.  When answering, the tones occur as soon as I click Answ... See more...
I have an HTC Incredible running Android 2.3.4, Build 4.08.  Recently, I started getting two loud tones everytime I answer or make a call.  When answering, the tones occur as soon as I click Answer and before I say hello.  When placing a call, the tones occur right after I click Call and before the phone starts ringing on the other end.  What can these tones signify, why would they have started out of the blue?  I haven't changed any Settings and I do not receive updates directly from HTC.  Frankly, given how prominent they are and they way they just started occurring for no apparent reason, these tones are suspicious to me.  Sure would appreciate hearing from someone else who has heard them and might know what's going on.
I use Verizon Cloud but not Backup Assistant.  I don't see a Setting on Cloud to Stop Auto Backups and allow me to manually backup/sync as necessary. No link to ask Verizon directly about this. ... See more...
I use Verizon Cloud but not Backup Assistant.  I don't see a Setting on Cloud to Stop Auto Backups and allow me to manually backup/sync as necessary. No link to ask Verizon directly about this.  If I uncheck ALL under What to Backup, will that allow me to open Cloud and Sync All Now at any time I choose?