Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,511 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Sniff's Posts

Sadly, I do not.  You could always try a factory reset.  Then attempt the update BEFORE reinstalling all your apps and settings.
It sounds like a possible corrupt/incomplete update - or perhaps there's something else in the Google Services Framework cache that's interfering with the update process.  Stopping this and clear... See more...
It sounds like a possible corrupt/incomplete update - or perhaps there's something else in the Google Services Framework cache that's interfering with the update process.  Stopping this and clearing the cache should definitely keep the update message from popping up all the time.  However, it may also allow the update to process completely after re-downloading it.  'GreenRobot' posted the instructions in a different thread.
I too have the Razr Maxx, and also a Galaxy Nexus.  The Maxx's battery life outclasses everything else - no questions.  However, the Nexus is already running Ice Cream Sandwich (and due for an up... See more...
I too have the Razr Maxx, and also a Galaxy Nexus.  The Maxx's battery life outclasses everything else - no questions.  However, the Nexus is already running Ice Cream Sandwich (and due for an update any day now).  Disclaimer:  I'm a bit biased in that I don't do fruit (Apple, Blackberry) So far, I really haven't had any major issues with either phone, even though others have (e.g. cracked gorilla glass on the Moto & dropped calls, random reboots on the GNex, etc., etc.) The Motorola definitely has a better antenna/signal than the Samsung - but this is mostly only noticeable in a weaker signal area. My advice would be to read up on the Verizon forums (and other forums) for each of the phones you're considering.  Learn what others already know - good and bad.  Just remember, while it can definitely be informational, bad news always travels faster and farther than good.
Guess I'm paranoid... With all the reports of broken/cracked screens, I got the Otterbox Defender for mine.  It came with a built-in screen protector.  Honestly, I've not had any issues with it d... See more...
Guess I'm paranoid... With all the reports of broken/cracked screens, I got the Otterbox Defender for mine.  It came with a built-in screen protector.  Honestly, I've not had any issues with it degrading the sensitivity that I've been able to tell.
You bet!  Glad to have helped.
There are several apps in the Play Store (some free) that have the ability to block/send to voicemail unwanted texts, calls, etc. 
Mine usually does this for 15-20 minutes when it's first powered on, or when it's connection has been reset.  Have you contacted Verizon Customer/Technical Support (800-922-0204)?  If you purchas... See more...
Mine usually does this for 15-20 minutes when it's first powered on, or when it's connection has been reset.  Have you contacted Verizon Customer/Technical Support (800-922-0204)?  If you purchased this unit from somewhere other than Verizon or as a refurbished unit, it's MAC ID may still be associated with the previous owner's account.  Verizon Support can also assist with this.