Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,099 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

lalalamesss's Posts

supitsmike wrote: I, for the most part agree with Jim's cut-throat response when it comes to some people. Sometimes self serve is the best way to learn things, and if you can't help yourself,... See more...
supitsmike wrote: I, for the most part agree with Jim's cut-throat response when it comes to some people. Sometimes self serve is the best way to learn things, and if you can't help yourself, then don't ask anyone else for help.   BUT, on the same thought, what angers me the most about most representatives is that they don't know squat about the phones they sell. Its so frustrating to see how a person was misled all because some mouth breathing, helmet wear, cess pool drooling, window licking, knuckle dragging, googly-eyed prat didn't know what they were talking about.   I promise, sometimes it's like half of us here should be working for Verizon. Not the people that they already have.   While I do agree most reps only want the sale, there are some out there who are extremely knowledgeable. I own a Droid. It took me literally 2 hours to learn every last detail about it. I can sell it in two minutes.   What I don't understand is why everyone wants an Android device and why everyone is willing to dish out $30 for it, yet they don't understand how it works and only want it because of the "cool Droid Does commercials". Why don't they just go for an EnV3 and use the $10 package and KNOW how to use the phone? It sure would save me time...
Mainstreet wrote: I cant find any place in the setting to change the sensitivity of the touch screen. Is there such a place? Not that I can find.  Part of the problem Im having is that it W... See more...
Mainstreet wrote: I cant find any place in the setting to change the sensitivity of the touch screen. Is there such a place? Not that I can find.  Part of the problem Im having is that it WONT let me answer incoming calls by touching the answer button... To answer a phone call on an Android device, you have to slide to answer. but if I touch the darn thing anyplace else at any other time, apps open up and screens start doing things they shouldnt. Ive had the phone for 4 days now and have not been able to answer a single call in that time. I work in TV news...I got to get my calls !
spottedcatfish wrote:   lalalamesss wrote: skippy1 wrote: We shut our phones off on the 23rd.  We had 4 lines.  We ported 3 out and one we told them to shut off.  We shut one off due... See more...
spottedcatfish wrote:   lalalamesss wrote: skippy1 wrote: We shut our phones off on the 23rd.  We had 4 lines.  We ported 3 out and one we told them to shut off.  We shut one off due to that number was going to be changed.  Verizon is trying to tell us they won't shut the phone off.  They want to keep it on one more month.  **bleep**...........we are cancelling.  We are the paying customer, we say shut it off, it should be shut off.  Customer service with Verizon SUCKS.  So, because they won't shut it off, they want us to pay another month!!  We have already prepaid a month in advance.  How dumb can they be?  Shut the **bleep** phone off.  We are shutting it off cause they suck.  So, why pay for suck?   ... They probably told you to keep it on an extra month so you would not incur insane prorated charges. From the way you responded, I'd hate to see you angry over charges...     I don't understand how paying for one full additional month of service will wind up costing LESS than a pro-rated charge?  In any case, I didn't think Verizon pro-rated fees when you cancel service with them, I think you are responsible for the cost of service on the phone until your next billing end date. You would have ETFs if applicable, you would pay for half the month you used and be subject to fees. Same as if you changed your plan mid-cycle. You would pay for half the month you used your old plan, and half of the other plan. This applies if you are upping your minutes or lowering them. Prorations can be tricky...   CS may just be trying to inform you that because they will bill you through the end date regardless of when you cancel, you will be paying for that month of service, and encouraging you to cancel your phone right before the end date instead of right after it. ^^ exactly... PRORATION.  
fonger wrote: The LG Voyager does not requires a data plan.   I called Verizon Customer Service and asked if the LG Dare or the LG Voyager requires the data plan and was told no, the reps. ... See more...
fonger wrote: The LG Voyager does not requires a data plan.   I called Verizon Customer Service and asked if the LG Dare or the LG Voyager requires the data plan and was told no, the reps. who said this had to put me on hold while they went and looked it up on some list that they have. Dare and Voyager no longer available. Replaced with EnVTouch and Chocolate Touch... which DO require a data package.  , I did had the same response as you did on one of my calls.  The 1st rep. that I talked to just told me right away that the Dare does requires data package, he didn't make any attempt to check, just told me right away that it does.  At the same time he encouraged me to renew my contract and get a newer phone. He wanted the commission and saw you as an easy target. Do not do a phone upgrade over the phone. Online and instore are much better options.   My guess is that it may be possible that the rep. just flat out lied, if he can convinced me that the cost of activating the old phone is the same as getting a new phone then maybe I'll just sign up for another 2 yrs.  Either that or he was just plain lazy and ignorant of the company's policy and plan. He was just trying to get easy cash, which SUCKS and is horrible practice. I would have gotten his name and reported.  
skippy1 wrote: We shut our phones off on the 23rd.  We had 4 lines.  We ported 3 out and one we told them to shut off.  We shut one off due to that number was going to be changed.  Verizon is... See more...
skippy1 wrote: We shut our phones off on the 23rd.  We had 4 lines.  We ported 3 out and one we told them to shut off.  We shut one off due to that number was going to be changed.  Verizon is trying to tell us they won't shut the phone off.  They want to keep it on one more month.  **bleep**...........we are cancelling.  We are the paying customer, we say shut it off, it should be shut off.  Customer service with Verizon SUCKS.  So, because they won't shut it off, they want us to pay another month!!  We have already prepaid a month in advance.  How dumb can they be?  Shut the **bleep** phone off.  We are shutting it off cause they suck.  So, why pay for suck?   ... They probably told you to keep it on an extra month so you would not incur insane prorated charges. From the way you responded, I'd hate to see you angry over charges...
dwright0508 wrote: I would like to purchase the driod eris. I know that needs the thirty dollar plan. Does anyone know if that price will change or they are coming out with a family data plan... See more...
dwright0508 wrote: I would like to purchase the driod eris. I know that needs the thirty dollar plan. Does anyone know if that price will change or they are coming out with a family data plan.   The $30 data charge has been implimented for quite some time. VZW is pushing towards data. Buy the Eris, you'll be happy you did and the $30 is way better than having $400 overages.
Pull the battery, let it sit a minute and reboot. If that doesn't help... go to a store and replace it.
No, you cannot text internationally for free. You can, however, send them online for free here at the VZW website.
kneffscribe wrote: Dear Droid Users, I am finding that the Droid is amazing on email, great with navigation, but puzzling for simple phone functions, which surprised me.  My only conclus... See more...
kneffscribe wrote: Dear Droid Users, I am finding that the Droid is amazing on email, great with navigation, but puzzling for simple phone functions, which surprised me.  My only conclusion is that there must be secrets I do not know; if not, I am going to be very disappointed with this phone.   1) Ez phone call ending - I could end anything on my Voyager with a press on the bottom right hand corner...ez.  Where is the ez end call on the Droid? Droid doesn't have a send/end key like the Eris... it has a giant red square in the middle of the phone that says "END" when you're in a call. Also, don't forget, it's slide to call!   2) One button push on my Voyager brought up a new text message...or a contact name to call.  Click, click, done.  Please direct me to the click, click, done for my Droid -- text message, or phone call.  One touch and I get...email addresses or FB friends. WHAT? You have a notification bar at the very top where the battery indicator is. Press it, and slide your finger down. If you have any missed calls, VM, text messages... BAM, they're displayed right there. Also you can long press on the home screen to add or remove any apps you don't want.   3) After using the backup system on verizonwireless.net, I am pleased that my same voice message is there.  And, as I said, the email is amazing.  But, my all the phone numbers in my list that are not on Google come up as numbers only.  I don't recognize who is calling me because there are no names attached!  Problem. Go into a store and have them transfer them... Problem... solved! Usually it's free.   4) Finally, it is not clear to me how the minutes on my phone are affected by Pandora or Navigation and what might be the preferred plan to get through the month with enough minutes. No minutes are affected. You have unlimited data, therefore, you cannot possibly have overages. Verizon does not bill data by the minute. Is is a completely separate thing now. So, listen to Pandora all you want!   Thanks for your help, New Droid Ditz   P.S. And what about that microscopic button to lock or unlock...too small! I feel you... It's a pain, even with my tiny fingers.  
  Looks as if people within Verizon either don't talk with each other or have been trained to simply parrot the "it's probably not our fault" line!  I've heard it over and over from Verizon rep... See more...
  Looks as if people within Verizon either don't talk with each other or have been trained to simply parrot the "it's probably not our fault" line!  I've heard it over and over from Verizon reps!!! Isn't it time that Verizon customer service employees become advocates for real customer service and customer satisfaction instead of simply insulting long-time, experienced  cell phone customers with unhelpful corporate scripts that discourage even the most persistent customers?    Why can't we customers simply make one inquiry and have the Verizon representative attempt to chase down the issue within the company?  It appears that each Verizon person is walled off in his or her office or cubicle and isn't allowed to talk with others who might know how to solve the customer's problem.  But maybe that's the way Verizon management rewards the behavior of its employees.  Is pay proportional to the number of customer problems management never hears about?     1: Do you believe Verizon employees are robots? 2: Bunching an entire workforce of people into one category is wrong. 3: Reps are usually "experienced cell phone users", look where they work. Oh, and they're CONSUMERS, too. 4: Most reps don't like persistant, rude, or demanding customers. No, they don't OWE you anything. Yes, they will HELP you if you are courteous, RESPECTFUL, and calm. 5: Don't expect them to perform miracles... right away.   This is in no way a personal attack on you. I just don't understand why so many people on these forums think reps are just sale-crunching morons. They're people just like you. They have families and they work hard. Not to mention they must put up with people like this on a daily basis...  
stardust920 wrote: As of now, I don't use internet on my phone.  But I see that Verizon is now requiring the purchase of some sort of data package with most of their phones.  I've decided that ... See more...
stardust920 wrote: As of now, I don't use internet on my phone.  But I see that Verizon is now requiring the purchase of some sort of data package with most of their phones.  I've decided that if I am going to get internet on my phone, I might as well get unlimited data at $29.99/month.  I currently have the 450 minutes/month Nationwide individual plan with a $10/month text plan.   I have several questions:   ~Some phones are listed as having an HTML web browser while some phones are listed as being HTML web browser "capable". YOU'RE PAYING FOR UNLIMITED, GO FOR AN ADVANCED DEVICE.     -Do both of these types of phones have HTML web browsers or does one require something extra to make it have an HTML web experience?  NO     -Do you have access to the "full" internet with these phones?  I know with most phones, you have access to basic things online, but some phones can access almost all sites. ONLY ON ADV DEVICES, EVERYTHING ELSE IS "MOBILE" VERSION OF THE WEB PAGE.     -What is the full internet browsing experience with a Smartphone (say a Blackberry) vs. a 3G Multimedia phone (say an LG enV3?) SMARTPHONE = WEB PAGES SIMILAR TO WHAT YOU WOULD GET ON A COMP.; "3G MULTIMEDIA" = POO BROWSER     -Does the use of HTML web browsing require the purchase of an additional plan or the download of an additional feature  (other than the $29.99/month unlimited data plan)? NO.     -Is Mobile Web included with my plan or does it require an additional monthly fee? INCLUDED ON ADV AND MULTIMEDIA DEVICES     -What is the difference between Mobile Web and Mobile Broadband plans?  Does the use of an HTML browser on the phone require a subscription to a Mobile broadband plan? UH... MOBILE WEB = CELL PHONE INTERWEBZ, MOBILE BROADBAND = TEATHERING / AIRCARD USE IN WHICH YOU WOULD PLUG A USB MODEM INTO YOUR COMPUTER AND HAVE THE INTERWEBZ     -What is a Mobile Email subscription?  Can't I just log into my email from the Mobile Web browser and check it for free? NOTHING IS FREE. MOBILE EMAIL IS AN APP AND IT COMES WITH YOUR DATA PLAN; IF YOU WERE TO CHECK IT ON YOUR BROWSER, YOU WOULD BE CHARGER PER MB. I SUPPOSE IT DOESN'T MATTER SINCE YOU WANT UNLIMITED.   Sorry for all the questions.  I just find that the more information I seek out, the more I get confused.  I just want to make sure I make the most informed decision when I'm due for my phone upgrade.    If you're going with unlimited interwebz, I would just go ahead and put down the extra money for the Blackberry or Droid. You have the same monthly fee, plus a way  better phone with a capable browser. You seem to want something more functionable than a "multimedia" device.  
Wheresmycake wrote: I have 4 phones on my plan, my daughters phone has unlimited text plus 500 - yet every text she sends or recieves counts against her 500 out of network texts - even though... See more...
Wheresmycake wrote: I have 4 phones on my plan, my daughters phone has unlimited text plus 500 - yet every text she sends or recieves counts against her 500 out of network texts - even though a majority of them are from the other 3 phones on our plan. Right now it shows that she has used 388 of her 500 out of network texts and the detailed usage clearly shows close to 300 of these are in network and mostly from one of our other phones. I'm getting a little tired of being ripped off with these huge overages on every bill because I'm being charged for text messages that are supposed to be part of the "Unlimited" package. When I had the unlimited package from Sprint it was exactly that - unlimited no matter what carrier; I can't even get Verizon to honor their misnamed version of Unlimited.   Verizon has an unlimited plan... $20 ANY carrier... feeding the troll.
ETFs are $175 minus $5 for every month you have completed out of your two year contract. So, if you got TWO in December and ONE in January you are looking at roughly $500. To find out for sure, j... See more...
ETFs are $175 minus $5 for every month you have completed out of your two year contract. So, if you got TWO in December and ONE in January you are looking at roughly $500. To find out for sure, just call customer service and ASK.   Also, depending on where you purchased your phone, you may have to pay upwards of $300 per mobile number as a "defaulted contract" (terminated within 31-180 days of contract). If you signed with corporate, you should be fine. If you signed with an Authorized Agent / Premium Retailer, you may not be so lucky...
trolling ftw!
...Ok... if it was a manufacturer's defect (NOT scratches, water, broken screen... etc.) it will be replaced free of charge. If not, you will get a like-new replacement (refurb) for $89. There mu... See more...
...Ok... if it was a manufacturer's defect (NOT scratches, water, broken screen... etc.) it will be replaced free of charge. If not, you will get a like-new replacement (refurb) for $89. There must have been a cosmetic flaw that voided the warranty.   "THERE WAS NO MENTION WHAT SO EVER about the $89.00 deductible. According to the Pennsylvania Insurance Code all premiums and deductibles must me disclosed by the licensed representative at the time of sale and specifically and clearly stated on the policy. I was made aware of ONLY the $7.99 monthly premium. There were NO details stating the policy coverage and deductible on Verizon Wireless Service Contract which I signed. " If you knew the "Pennsylvania Insurance Code" states the premium/deductible MUST be disclosed, why didn't you ask the rep about the deductible? LOLZ.  
Get an OtterBox case for it. Protects the phone from just about everything... I purchased one and same day dropped my phone on concrete... pretty much saved it from destruction.
Go buy her an old school pager until she can learn to manage a phone properly without showing off her body.  I wouldn't even think TWICE about my child "sexting" because the phone would be tempor... See more...
Go buy her an old school pager until she can learn to manage a phone properly without showing off her body.  I wouldn't even think TWICE about my child "sexting" because the phone would be temporarily suspended and the hunt for a pager would ensue... she'd look real cool with one of those.
TheGreatOne wrote:   Axis wrote: "Uh huh. Try paying your bill, your ENTIRE bill, on time, and you should be fine."   Has worked for me,   For years and I have never had an upgrade pro... See more...
TheGreatOne wrote:   Axis wrote: "Uh huh. Try paying your bill, your ENTIRE bill, on time, and you should be fine."   Has worked for me,   For years and I have never had an upgrade problem ever!!!       I can only please one person each day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either.   yeah ditto here. never had a problem upgrading either.     I have never payed my bill EVER in the entire 200,000 years I have had Verizon!! I'm a LOYAL. VIP CUSTOMER! I DESERVE A DROID! Why can't Verizon just pay my bill for me so I can get the DROID I am entitled to? And when is the iPhone COMING?!?!/!/!!? Thus said with absolutely no sarcasm, in any way, shape or form.
Yes, I'd rather go to a Corporate store and wait in line for an hour after I signed in just to upgrade to the phone I know I want. Because you can categorize all "retailers" into one bunch. Taste... See more...
Yes, I'd rather go to a Corporate store and wait in line for an hour after I signed in just to upgrade to the phone I know I want. Because you can categorize all "retailers" into one bunch. Taste the sarcasm... I've had many pleasant experiences with my local retailer. Everyone seems to only go to the Corporate store and when they realize they can upgrade without signing in, the customer is all for it. Plus, the staff has more time to wait on you because there aren't lines and you won't be prodded along like a herd of cattle with a number....   But your son should't have gone to the mall to "exchange" his phone. I think he was just trying to kill two birds with one stone... Larger stores are the ONLY places that can do that and it was wrong of the salesperson (and illegal if your son isn't an authorized user) to do what he or she did. Good luck in tehhh future.
You would have to have it downloaded on your phone. It would be listed. Just turn Location On to E911 and ... VOILA! No stalker boyfriends.