UPDATE: 2/28/2020.  After writing the above complaint, my husband and I, along with my 79 yr. old mother, visited a Corporate Verizon store in Pocatello, ID, at 4333 Yellowstone Rd.  We discovered t... Ver más...
UPDATE: 2/28/2020.  After writing the above complaint, my husband and I, along with my 79 yr. old mother, visited a Corporate Verizon store in Pocatello, ID, at 4333 Yellowstone Rd.  We discovered that the "Verizon" store previously mentioned at 235 W. Quinn Rd., Pocatello, ID is not a corporate store, is actually a GoWireless store, and only uses the Verizon name because they use their towers.  We were told that GoWireless employees are commissioned workers, thus the push to upsell to vulnerable customers! After meeting with the awesome Coulette at the corporate store, she helped my mother get a simpler, cheaper phone, and we were able to save her $105 from her monthly bill, as the other store sold her expensive insurance and 'roadside assistance', which can be included with her homeowners insurance for so much less!!  Beware of these independent stores that carry the Verizon logo! They will take advantage of the most vulnerable people, just to make a buck.  They are unethical and immoral individuals!  On the flip side, Coulette, at corporate, was incredibly professional and honest, answered all our questions and sold my mother what SHE needed, NOT what the employee wanted.  There is only one corporate Verizon store in Pocatello, Idaho Falls, and Twin Falls, Idaho.
My mother, who is 79 and independent, but still suffers from memory issues, tremors and hearing loss, has been taken advantage of on at least two different occasions at the Pocatello, Idaho 235 W.Qui... See more...
My mother, who is 79 and independent, but still suffers from memory issues, tremors and hearing loss, has been taken advantage of on at least two different occasions at the Pocatello, Idaho 235 W.Quinn Road store.  In November 2019, she came to my home with a new Samsung android and was complaining because she did not know how to work it.  Prior to this, she had a LG, which she says she had for four years.  She said "a light was not working on it" so she took it in and was told that those phones only had a four year life span, which made her immediately think her phone was on the fritz. She was pressured into buying the Samsung, which was too much phone for her at her age.  I spent over an hour with her teaching her the basics of navigation.  This woman only uses the phone app and minimal texting.  She does not browse the internet, nor is on social media, nor even uses the camera but for a picture or two of her cat.   Because I live almost 2 hrs away from my mother, I did not see her again until Feb. 23, when she was taken to the hospital in Pocatello by ambulance because she collapsed in her home.  She told me that she couldn't get her phone to work, that she couldn't call 911!  I didn't realize until the next morning, after I had taken her home at midnight the night before, that she had a different phone from what she had in November.  She told me that she had been sold an iPhone 11 on Jan. 6, 2020, when she went into this store to complain that the contacts on her Samsung were filed by first name first and she did not know how to fix this. Clearly this woman does not know how to use this higher technology.  But instead of helping her fix the issue, they sent her out of the store with an iPhone 11! She had to pay off a 700+ balance on the Samsung, and was only given a $40 credit for that phone toward the iPhone 11!  In addition they sold her a $70 case!  So she has a phone that she can't even remember how to swipe up on! And can't dial 911 when in an emergency because the phone is just too advanced for her. When I confronted the manager Justin, he kept laying the blame on my mom saying, "She said she wanted something different!"  Seriously??? That was an almost 80 yr. old woman saying she wanted something EASIER!! He did not offer an apology and there was no acknowledgment that MAYBE they made a mistake and this phone was just too much for this particular customer.  Where are the ethics in these sales people?? Have they no shame?? She has gnarled, shaky hands and they watched her sign the contract! They are disgusting in their sales tactics and they are no better than the ever increasing phone scammers who target the elderly! After posting this story on social media, it seems my mother is not the only one this has happened too! I'm even more disgusted with Verizon after reading of all the other experiences!  A complaint will be filed with the BBB and the state Consumer Protection Unit with the Attorney Generals office.