Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,890 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

igovirginmobile's Posts

Why would you expect Verizon do any more to serve their customers? They only see the high level metrics like 1 million customers which translates to 70 million dollars a month in revenue stream p... See more...
Why would you expect Verizon do any more to serve their customers? They only see the high level metrics like 1 million customers which translates to 70 million dollars a month in revenue stream plus 210 million in marketing deals. Losing a few hundred customers every day is chump change against the thousands they lie to daily to bamboozle them into taking two year cannot get out of contracts. A continued unhappy customer who cannot wait until my contract ends.
Why would Verizon follow a law or rulling if there is no stick to back it up? As long as they can take your money AND make deals with other busineses to put crapware on your phone that you can no... See more...
Why would Verizon follow a law or rulling if there is no stick to back it up? As long as they can take your money AND make deals with other busineses to put crapware on your phone that you can not remove to make more money Verizon does not care what happens.
Duplicate post - please see: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1064029#1064029 Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
Why would Verizon do anything more than take your money without giving a fair value? Until subscribers leave in droves and their CEO and VP's start taking a hit to their pocket, nothing will chan... See more...
Why would Verizon do anything more than take your money without giving a fair value? Until subscribers leave in droves and their CEO and VP's start taking a hit to their pocket, nothing will change. My personal advice is throw your phone out the window and give Verizon not one more thin dime.
Called customer service at Verizon about an international spam call I am getting 10 times a day. I tried to block the call on the Verizon blocked calls site and failed as it has more than 10 numb... See more...
Called customer service at Verizon about an international spam call I am getting 10 times a day. I tried to block the call on the Verizon blocked calls site and failed as it has more than 10 numbers in the phone number that called. The customer service member was nice and tried to help but, apparently to put an international phone call on the blocked list will cost me $5 more each month. Another price gouge by the number 1 cell service in not resolving customer complaints and fleecing customers of money. All hail Lord Verizon. I look forward (removed) for offering a challenging statement showing the companies problems. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND SUPPORT WHAT THEY WANT. Discussion of moderation removed as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
An you expected anything different from Verizon? By removing challenging feedback from their customers, this "community" gives the false appearance that Verizon gets lots of positive feedback and... See more...
An you expected anything different from Verizon? By removing challenging feedback from their customers, this "community" gives the false appearance that Verizon gets lots of positive feedback and no poor feedback on their service. Anyone with Business 101 training knows this: listen to the voice of your customer and give them what they want. If it were not for the grandfathered unlimited plan I would be gone.
Ok folks so you are all trusting Verizon to truthfully tell us and disclose if someone is an employee..give me a brake. That is like asking the fox to watch the henhouse. I smell ringers all the ... See more...
Ok folks so you are all trusting Verizon to truthfully tell us and disclose if someone is an employee..give me a brake. That is like asking the fox to watch the henhouse. I smell ringers all the time on this site. Any scent of freedom of speach or criticism of Verizon policies, phones or prices gets jumped on by certain individuals. Given that today there are not any better options out there but someday a cell company will come along and privide the quality and price ballance and people will leave in droves. I don't like some of Googles practices any better than verizon's but a company like Google could put ATT, Sprint and Verizon out of business just by listening to what customer's want.
I hear what your are saying, but these programs start themselves and show as running processes and services with a use of memory and have cache data saved. Case in point there is a program called... See more...
I hear what your are saying, but these programs start themselves and show as running processes and services with a use of memory and have cache data saved. Case in point there is a program called IM that has been running for the last 27 hours using 3.3 meg of memory. It is obvioulsy doing something and has data in the cache. Tell me how this is not using bandwidth, and memory? Like the short cuts Verizon has hard coded into their web browser that can not be removed, these are items I don't want or need and are still running in the back ground. I am just glad I am still grandfathered into an unlimited plan.
So now if you get a brand new smartphone, you need to pick from a limited data plan. The smartphone is LOADED with programs that turn themselves on and services that the end user is not aware of ... See more...
So now if you get a brand new smartphone, you need to pick from a limited data plan. The smartphone is LOADED with programs that turn themselves on and services that the end user is not aware of that use your bandwith. So essentially Verizon is asking you to pay for the bandwith for programs and services you can not remove or shut off. Take a brand new, out of the box smartphone and turn it on, from that moment on you are transmitting and receiveing data through Verizons network and racking up the data use, even if you only use the phone for a phone and text messages. Am I missing something here?
Did anyone think of this? Verizon is asking you to pay for bandwith but they have installed an amazing amount of applications on your phone that interact with the internet WITHOUT YOUR PREMISSION... See more...
Did anyone think of this? Verizon is asking you to pay for bandwith but they have installed an amazing amount of applications on your phone that interact with the internet WITHOUT YOUR PREMISSION. Essentially if you used not 1 byte of data and just used your smart phone for a phone and text, you may very well get overage charged due to the applicaitons and processes that are on your phone using bandwidth without your permisison. Essentialy you are paying Verizon to use bandwith on the phone that they then could charge you an overage on?
I would reply but you were mod blocked. My issues with Verizon are very simple bloatware on my phone and deceptive business practices.
Droid4, I apologize for not putting the specific phone. I was completely stoked about the new Droid4 until I started looking at the reviews. I went through 2 Droid 1 phones and each of them wore ... See more...
Droid4, I apologize for not putting the specific phone. I was completely stoked about the new Droid4 until I started looking at the reviews. I went through 2 Droid 1 phones and each of them wore out the fitting that attaches to the charger. Given that the second one was purchased used but it still will be a problem with the Droid4 that I don't want to have to mess with.
Sorry, I should have held up my sarcasm sign..yes I hate Verizon with a vengence. I waste a little time every day posting about their shady business practices and no I don't work for another comp... See more...
Sorry, I should have held up my sarcasm sign..yes I hate Verizon with a vengence. I waste a little time every day posting about their shady business practices and no I don't work for another company. I just had the poor judgement to sign a contract with Verizon.
What do you expect, when you get as big as Verizon you can stamp on the fingers of your customers. All companies when they get large enough figure that they can lose a few customers without loosi... See more...
What do you expect, when you get as big as Verizon you can stamp on the fingers of your customers. All companies when they get large enough figure that they can lose a few customers without loosing revenue. Then in a few years Verizon will be the new General Motors/NetFlixs ect and go away while smaller companies that VALUE their customer will pickup market share...then these companies fail to learn the same critical business truth and the cycle continues. What is better than to force programs on a phone that your customer have paid for and at the same time collect royalties from the companies that developed the software. Better yet force your customer to buy all their content from you just like the company stores in the good old days where you would sign over a large portion of your pay check back to a company to buy food which they mark up to keep you in hock...great business plan Verizon..keep spitting on us and if the posts are any gauge for now your customer will thank you for it...for now.
Dude Verizon associates are psychic..they use a magic 8 ball to detect if a phone has been dropped. They also have a wheel of excuses that they use for customer service issues that has 30 standar... See more...
Dude Verizon associates are psychic..they use a magic 8 ball to detect if a phone has been dropped. They also have a wheel of excuses that they use for customer service issues that has 30 standard responses on why they will not give a customer a resolution all 30 of which have been vetted by their legal department. When you call you can hear agents spinning the wheel in the back ground to get their response...another disgruntled customer.
Soooo lets go back to the real problem...non-existent customer service. There is no reason for Verizon do anything for a customer after they get them to sign into a contract. Legal action is only... See more...
Soooo lets go back to the real problem...non-existent customer service. There is no reason for Verizon do anything for a customer after they get them to sign into a contract. Legal action is only available if you can pay tons of money to a Lawyer, which most of us do not have as an option. Without enough folks for a nice juicy class action suit none of us is likely to get Verizon to do anything close to being responsible about their business practices. Just one breath from the FCC, and look what happened to their $2 “convenience fee” announced one day, gone the next. That is the only way Verizon will be forced to act responsibly.
If you are a tech head the android operating system allows more flexability to the end user. You can even create and publish applications to use on your phone since android is an open architectur... See more...
If you are a tech head the android operating system allows more flexability to the end user. You can even create and publish applications to use on your phone since android is an open architecture system. In the second place, though it is less important today than a few years ago, flash player works on android but to my knowledge not on i-anything.. A word of caution though, the latest droid does not have end user replacable battery and, of course, the battery is excluded from the insurance. Once the little metal connector dies, which happens over time as it gets bent by the charger connector,  you are now the brand new owner of a brick since it can no longer be recharged. Because the battery is glued in and not replacable, you can not just place the old battery on a seperate charger and throw on a new one like my beloved Droid 1 unless you rip the phone apart and void the warentee.
The problem is the assumption that you should not be taken to the cleaners by Verizon. A company will suck all the cash they can out of you they can get. In general (and I hate generalizations) a... See more...
The problem is the assumption that you should not be taken to the cleaners by Verizon. A company will suck all the cash they can out of you they can get. In general (and I hate generalizations) a entity will only do what is in its own best interest or the pain/pleasure idea. If what they do to you gives them money and costs them less pain than it costs money they will do it every time they can get away with it.
I noticed that myself. There are people out there who if someone grabs one end of a rope will instinctively grab the other end and pull in the other direction by their very nature. Still it mak... See more...
I noticed that myself. There are people out there who if someone grabs one end of a rope will instinctively grab the other end and pull in the other direction by their very nature. Still it makes me wonder. With the issues I have had with the company it mystifies me that there are people exist who have not had some level of a problem with Verizon business practices. On the other site there are plenty of customers on the other end looking to cheat companies.
I totally accept that there are plenty of happy folks who love their Verizon, otherwise the company could not operate. I also freely admit that I am biased by a specific situation that Verizon as... See more...
I totally accept that there are plenty of happy folks who love their Verizon, otherwise the company could not operate. I also freely admit that I am biased by a specific situation that Verizon as well as other providers have used to make extra money to the annoyance of a small group of customers who don't want junk on their phones they did not download or need. It just seemed a bit beyond the coincidental that there are folks out there who back a policy like this or, for example, additional charges on their bills they were not expecting? I point at the now defunct proposed $2 convenience charge, the $30 upgrade fee, the charges that show up from third party app providers that are not authorized (a problem that was solved by disabling the ability of people to place charges without my permission) and now the bloatware issue. My first smartphone was a droid 1 and I loved it now the junk appware quota has grown exponentially compared to my Droid 1. Just to add one more thing...I respectfully disagree about multiple threads on the same issue. In my opinion, nothing gets changed in a company or life unless the pain of change is less than the pain of staying the same. The more people complain about specific business practices the more chances we have to see a change in a company. If eveyone who had a smartphone complains it is a sure bet something will break one way or the other. I work in customer service and companies that are large don't respond until their customer base complains enough to be heard.