Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,454 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

dhaynie266's Posts

This phone does not have an LED Notification light like some of the more expensive phones, note the lower price point versus better phones, but what most people would perceive as the LED is actua... See more...
This phone does not have an LED Notification light like some of the more expensive phones, note the lower price point versus better phones, but what most people would perceive as the LED is actually the proximity sensor.  Hope this helps to those with this question.  dhaynie266
myandroidlife, If you have not found it by the time you get this message, you can disable spell check for using the regular keyboard by, hitting your Menu button, go to Settings, Language & k... See more...
myandroidlife, If you have not found it by the time you get this message, you can disable spell check for using the regular keyboard by, hitting your Menu button, go to Settings, Language & keyboard, LG Keyboard, Word Suggestion.  Then from there you can pick which word prediction and correction options you would like on and off.  Hope this helps.  dhaynie266
rao, Keep in mind, Skype is always running in the background and is a battery eater.  Best of luck.  dhaynie266
Dave, Thats actually pretty enlightening about the app killer, because I did not know about the Android OS wanting to keep apps in the RAM.  I appreciate the info as well, all the more reason f... See more...
Dave, Thats actually pretty enlightening about the app killer, because I did not know about the Android OS wanting to keep apps in the RAM.  I appreciate the info as well, all the more reason for me to look further in to what Android is capable of.  We already know its better than iCrap, or else we wouldnt have 'em.  lol.  Thanks again.  dhaynie266
Konakid, Gingerbread is the version of Android Operating System that our phones currently use.  If I am correct, and feel free to let me know if I'm not, ours is version 2.3.6.  Eventually Ice C... See more...
Konakid, Gingerbread is the version of Android Operating System that our phones currently use.  If I am correct, and feel free to let me know if I'm not, ours is version 2.3.6.  Eventually Ice Cream Sandwich, the next version, is supposed to be available to our phones, not sure when.  About the power swap, if I'm taking this in right, our phones hit full charge and then swap from the power coming from the plug, and start using battery power.  If you hit your Menu button and go to settings, scroll down to About Phone, then Battery, Battery Use, you will see how long your phone has been on battery power alone, whether plugged in or unplugged. This can be taken care of by timing your charges at night and plugging in at the right time, or charging the phone off.  Hopefully this can be fixed with an LG Hardware Update.  If you want to email me, feel free.  Hope this helps.  << Personal information removed to comply with >> Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Rao, Best thing to do is to use a WiFi connection through your phone and the Google Play Store.  If that is not available, I would hope I'm correct in assuming you have the 4GB Data Plan, if not... See more...
Rao, Best thing to do is to use a WiFi connection through your phone and the Google Play Store.  If that is not available, I would hope I'm correct in assuming you have the 4GB Data Plan, if not Verizon screwed you.  If thats the case, there is a Widget called My Verizon Data that can be placed on your Home screen by long pressing on an empty spot on any of your phones available 7 Home screens, scroll down through the Widgets and long press on it to select/place.  This Widget with keep track of your approximate Data usage in a Bar style and Fraction style display.  Hope this will help you to keep track of the Data and maybe conserve some.  The only time anyone will connect to your games is when you play in Multiplayer mode, and the best way to control what has access to your phone, location, etc., is do not download anything you do not know or have not had a friends review on.  There are not many Malicious apps I've personally encountered, and I've downloaded A LOT of apps, not just with Verizon.  You can also turn off your connections (including Voice 1x, with Airplane mode) to keep any info about your location from being leaked while using an app.  Most apps want a connection thanks to ads and the ability to place ads on your game for your particular area, hence the location services, and the constant "want" from an app for a network connection.  Hope this helps!  dhaynie266  P.S. Best of luck trying to talk to someone at Verizon that knows what they are talking about.  Stick with the real Techies.
If that doesnt help Konakid, i would chunk it off on a defective battery and look at getting the battery replaced.
The LG Lucid has amazing battery management, especially because of Gingerbread.  I run mine with News, Social+, Weather Clock, Finance, and My Verizon Data always on and updating by the hour.  Th... See more...
The LG Lucid has amazing battery management, especially because of Gingerbread.  I run mine with News, Social+, Weather Clock, Finance, and My Verizon Data always on and updating by the hour.  The problem you may be experiencing is that once this phone is full on battery, it swaps to battery power and does not revert back to the plug until unplugged and replugged.  I've noticed mine will run for 3 hrs on battery before I wake up.  I run WiFi and Data always on remember, with a live wallpaper.  Set your Display brightness to automatic.  This phone has lasted me up to 15 hrs before with moderate/heavy usage on games and downloads for about 5 hrs in the morning, and light moderate with Messaging and Music Player in the afternoon.  If the phone gets hot the battery will drain faster, its not a laptop with a cooling fan, make sure to let it rest and cool off everyso often.  The extended battery makes a beautiful phone clunky, and as jrh4054 mentioned, battery savers hurt.  believe it or not, this phone has its own Application Management Widget, which will allow a quick way to kill apps through the Operating System itself.  It works very well and kills them automatically after a certain amount of time.  As with any 4G phone other than the DROID RAZR MAXX, extended use and overheating will destroy battery life.  Hope this will help a little bit.  Best of luck!  dhaynie266