Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,176 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Konakid's Posts

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!  FINALLY!!!  "Safe Mode" worked!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!!! 
Hi Salisbury and Thank You for your response & help But as I indicated in my response to 1., which is also listed immediately above your reply as #2, it IS definitely running at "Start Up"... See more...
Hi Salisbury and Thank You for your response & help But as I indicated in my response to 1., which is also listed immediately above your reply as #2, it IS definitely running at "Start Up", and so when I attempt to "Uninstall" the program, I get the response: "We have detected that Verizon Cloud is already running. Close Verizon Cloud before uninstalling."  Also in the pop-up box are the options, "Retry" or "Cancel". What I am ultimately trying to accomplish is, to get Verizon Cloud from syncing (not removing); although removing the program was suggested as a way to get it to stop syncing, since no one seems to know how to get it to stop doing that....?!?! PLEASE, Salisbury, IN NO WAY am I frustrated or upset with you.  But as someone who was once a Technical Trainer for a large multi-office company, I am beyond frustrated that Verizon would create a system that NO ONE knows how to accomplish my request.  Maybe it's just me...????  #LOL  ~SC (Trust me when I say, I've been trying to find out how to do this for going into the third month, using the web, telephone and e-mail, all in contacting Verizon. Hmmmm, maybe I don't like them as much as I used to, but after having a relationship with them for over 20 years, maybe 25, my patience is truly growing non-existent.)
I first went to Settings, Apps & Features, then found Verizon Cloud, and then I clicked on Uninstall.  Before it does anything, a "Verizon Cloud Uninstall" Box pops up with the following message;... See more...
I first went to Settings, Apps & Features, then found Verizon Cloud, and then I clicked on Uninstall.  Before it does anything, a "Verizon Cloud Uninstall" Box pops up with the following message; "We have detected that Verizon Cloud is already running. Close Verizon Cloud before uninstalling."  Also in the pop-up box are the options, "Retry" or "Cancel". If I knew how to do that, I wouldn't need to uninstall the program.   Soooo, I still need help?! Thank You
How do I turn off Verizon Cloud on my Laptop???  I tried to "delete it" from my computer, it would not allow me to. I truly want to stop Cloud syncing - as the syncing notices cover/prevent me f... See more...
How do I turn off Verizon Cloud on my Laptop???  I tried to "delete it" from my computer, it would not allow me to. I truly want to stop Cloud syncing - as the syncing notices cover/prevent me from viewing pertinent information. H.E.L.P.!!!
P.S.    I did ask the Verizon store sales rep about purchasing the extended battery or the power pack w/cover.            He said that he would recommend the extended battery over the power pac... See more...
P.S.    I did ask the Verizon store sales rep about purchasing the extended battery or the power pack w/cover.            He said that he would recommend the extended battery over the power pack.            This is simply info, take it or leave it...      If I were to ask 10 different Verizon reps., via the phone (Customer           Service) or in a store, whereever .......  I would get 10 different answers.  Jus' Sayin' .................  
Oh Thank Goodness!!!!!!  NeilofNeils, I thought I was losing my mind!!!  Or becoming an extreme nitpicker!  I have been back to the Verizon store, over and over and over .... In fact just this pa... See more...
Oh Thank Goodness!!!!!!  NeilofNeils, I thought I was losing my mind!!!  Or becoming an extreme nitpicker!  I have been back to the Verizon store, over and over and over .... In fact just this past week I was there, and I told my sales rep., "Please don't think that I am picky!"   He even included the Branch Manager who checked the battery usage, which, of course, shows only recent usage.  That same morning, as I woke up, I unplugged the phone from charging overnight.  I then checked new emails for anything urgent (this took under 30 seconds), looked to see if I had any urgent texts (this took maybe 10 seconds), and finally checked a couple of 'notifications' - mainly Facebook (between 1-2 minutes at the MOST).  After being up out of bed for around 15 minutes, I checked the phone battery and it was at 52% - what?! I have asked every question I can think of, in thinking that I was the "problem".  I, too, am past the "14-Day mark"; however, I still have my (replaced) Blackberry which I will go back to using, and then I will sell this Lucid, and use that money plus save up a little bit to purchase an i-phone. I have spoken with all of my friends who have an i-phone, and they all said from the start, they "hit the ground running" with it.  I am above-average on tech-issues, whether it be a cell phone, tv, etc.; but this Lucid was making me feel like I needed to sit with the Dunce Cap on in the corner!  I agree with you that we should report this problems.  Should I do that as a phone review?  Or where would you suggest?  Thank you for writing this message, as I now feel much better!!
Hi All --   Does anyone know how I can get my Cell Phone Number to display for my Contacts when I call one of them?  Right now my Contacts people say that it comes up with "Blocked".  I thought t... See more...
Hi All --   Does anyone know how I can get my Cell Phone Number to display for my Contacts when I call one of them?  Right now my Contacts people say that it comes up with "Blocked".  I thought that I saw something like this when setting up my new LG Lucid phone, but naturally ... cannot locate it now.     Thank You!
Hi Dave-in-Decatur - WOW!  You did understand me correctly and this sounds like it could be my "ISSUE" after all.  I will refrain from using the "App Manager" and let my apps run.... Wil... See more...
Hi Dave-in-Decatur - WOW!  You did understand me correctly and this sounds like it could be my "ISSUE" after all.  I will refrain from using the "App Manager" and let my apps run.... Will I need to "train" my battery/phone?  (I only have a couple more days to return my phone....'tho after hearing from you and dhaynie266, I think I will keep it.) I'm assuming that your Lucid, like dhaynie266, (or maybe you don't have the Lucid..???)  are happy with your phone and battery length - ?? Thank You Dave!
Hi dhaynie266, Thank You for both of your replies!  The first battery that came with my new Lucid would not hold a charge at ALL.  I had it on the charger for over 24 hours and when I unplugged ... See more...
Hi dhaynie266, Thank You for both of your replies!  The first battery that came with my new Lucid would not hold a charge at ALL.  I had it on the charger for over 24 hours and when I unplugged it, the first thing that showed was, "low battery - put on charger".  So Verizon replaced that one, and this one has been better than the first. However, mine doesn't even last while I am sleeping, and I prefer to keep it bedside, for emergency sake, but have to place it on the charger as soon as I wake up.  Today it took nearly all day long to get it charged to 100%.  I have now removed it from the charger, to take to my bedside table, but know that tomorrow I will have to repeat the steps of today, as soon as I awaken. First... what is "Gingerbread"?  I do frequently use the factory-installed 'Apps Manager', to kill all apps.  But I only leave them open long enough to use them and then shut them off. Second... when you say my phone may not switch from "battery power and does not revert back to the plug until unplugged and replugged".  Do you know how I can check this out on my phone? I truly appreciate your comments, as I am still very unhappy with this new phone and had decided to go back to my Blackberry.  Perhaps with your help and then me talking to my sales rep., I will finally be able to enjoy this soon. Thanks again!
THANK YOU jrh4054!     I hadn't planned to add that to my phone, and now know that I definitely won't! I plan to buy a car charger and possibly the 'extended battery', but for now, I am home m... See more...
THANK YOU jrh4054!     I hadn't planned to add that to my phone, and now know that I definitely won't! I plan to buy a car charger and possibly the 'extended battery', but for now, I am home most of my time, so I will learn how to manage my phone and the battery. Thanks for your time.
Hello sfitguy, First, thanks for replying.  Second, this is my first of this style, although my Blackberry is also considered a "SmartPhone"...definitely not to this degree. Your information ... See more...
Hello sfitguy, First, thanks for replying.  Second, this is my first of this style, although my Blackberry is also considered a "SmartPhone"...definitely not to this degree. Your information truly helps me to understand more about this issue.   I agree with you, that while setting up my new phone, the battery life is being used more than I normally would use it, in the future.  I did check a few days ago, and Verizon offers an Extended Battery (+ cover) and I am probably going to purchase one.  And I will shop around for a cheaper one, although I'm hesitant on who I will shop from online.  I knew of safe stores for my BB; do you happen to use any online stores for your phone, other than Verizon? I especially like your comment about leaving the phone charging while I am on my computer.  Thank you!   I'm still unclear if I will keep this phone or return to my BB....which I was more than happy and comfortable with!!  Have a great week! 
Thank You.  Yes, this is my "first SmartPhone", and I do have the complete Lucid manual already.  I will "TRY" to be patient...     lol Thanks for your response!
Have only had my Lucid 6 days and was NOT planning on getting it, but thought I would like it.  So far...I am planning on returning it since I am having issues with the battery.  I charged it ove... See more...
Have only had my Lucid 6 days and was NOT planning on getting it, but thought I would like it.  So far...I am planning on returning it since I am having issues with the battery.  I charged it over night last night and it was at 100%, unplugged the phone at 10:30AM, sent 4 short text messages and accessed FB for no more than 5 minutes, and the phone was at 22% by 7:20PM. Yesterday spoke with a Verizon Customer Service Rep. who said that she had just got her Mom the Lucid, so that she was familiar with it.  She had me turn off almost everything, including, the clock & weather that were on the display, the "live" background/screensavers that came on the phone, the screen display is for only 15 seconds, every possible "power saver" was made active, and more. I am about ready to return the phone, but thought first I would ask if anyone else is having problems.  Why do I want a phone with all of these 'wonderful' apps, if I can't use them?!     UGH!