I have a very similar problem with Verizon's trade in status. Its been 7 weeks since UPS tracking shows Verizon received my trade-in phone. I've spent nearly 2 hours talking to Customer Service (Tom ... Ver más...
I have a very similar problem with Verizon's trade in status. Its been 7 weeks since UPS tracking shows Verizon received my trade-in phone. I've spent nearly 2 hours talking to Customer Service (Tom and Andrew) and it is now another 4 weeks for them to clear their back log of tickets for appraising devices.  I would change from Verizon, but have to wait because they have my perfectly good trade in phone and I'm waiting to see if I get my trade in credit. Very frustrating.
Verizon's trade in program is broken. I purchased an phone 11 on Black Friday because of a $400 trade in deal. I send my trade in phone to Verizon and UPS tracking confirms it was received 12/9/2019.... Ver más...
Verizon's trade in program is broken. I purchased an phone 11 on Black Friday because of a $400 trade in deal. I send my trade in phone to Verizon and UPS tracking confirms it was received 12/9/2019.  The appraisal was to take 3-5 days. One month later, I still don't see an appraisal on my "Check Trade In Status" page and call customer support. First call, the rep tells me that they can't find the phone and creates a ticket. 1 week later, I call and find out they apparently found the phone but appraised it at $0. No explantion, so the rep issues another ticket. 1 more week and the rep tells me that the investigation tickets are back logged and it will take another 4 weeks for them to investigate reason for the $0 appraisal. I traded in a perfectly good phone.  I speak to a supervisor (Andrew) who tells me the same story and will not credit me for my trade in value despite the cause of the problem is with Verizon. So, I have to wait at least 2 months to hear about my appraisal and trade in credit. They cant return my trade in so I can't return my new phone and switch carriers. I have no confidence that this will be resolved in 4 weeks.  What a scam! I think these delays are just a tactic knowing that some people will just give up calling or forget. Now, I don't have the phone I traded in, stuck with a phone purchased at full price, and have to wait another month before I can leave Verizon. This should be a warning to anyone purchasing a phone through Verizon because of a good trade in deal.