Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,683 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

sellular's Posts

I've had this 822 for over a year now, with 2 (free) replaced batteries in that time (would just stop charging completely, cycling through a black screen with a question mark, the nokia screen, a... See more...
I've had this 822 for over a year now, with 2 (free) replaced batteries in that time (would just stop charging completely, cycling through a black screen with a question mark, the nokia screen, and then blackness, over and over, and then overheating.) A few months ago, I decided to back myself up by getting a second battery, and since then, BOTH batteries haven't had this problem yet, although sometimes I have a hard time getting the phone to connect to the cable through my computer.. it just connects-disconnects-connects-disconnects over and over again, and loudly.  If I plug it into my desktop at work, no problems, and if I plug it into the wall, no problems. This is not the main problem. The problem is, once I get a full charge, and start using it, it'll start draining fairly normally... and once it hits around 60%, it gives me the warning that my battery is almost dead, and 2 seconds later just shuts off. Like, if I play a game during my commute, this can happen within an hour of a full charge. It doesn't visably go down to 30% and start conserving energy, or give me 10 minutes like it used to, just literally 10-30 seconds tops. If it was just one of the batteries, I'd say it was the battery itself, but it seems that the OS is not draining properly. I downloaded a different battery app than the one that came with the nokia, and it doesn't say anything different.. just somewhere between 60-50%, it just crashes. Thankfully I always have the second battery, but if I'm on a longer trip, I can't last more than 2 hours without plugging in, if I play any games, music, or heavy emailing/facebooking/cnn reading. Any ideas? Anyone have a similar problem and had it fixed? I really love how the windows OS looks and moves, and I'll be broken hearted when my 22 months is up and I have to switch back to a droid, but between this and the lack of apps being made, i'm getting pretty tired of this windows phone.
Hi all, I've been generally happy with the 822 since i got it a few months ago. A few freeze screens here and there.. maybe 2-3 a week, but I can live with that. Lately, though, charging's bee... See more...
Hi all, I've been generally happy with the 822 since i got it a few months ago. A few freeze screens here and there.. maybe 2-3 a week, but I can live with that. Lately, though, charging's been realllllly slow. Tonight I managed to burn the battery completely, and now I can't catch a charge. I've tried both plugged into the wall, and through my USB cord into my laptop, both of which usually fill up the 822 within a few hours. But now it'll vibrate and start to power on, show the big icon of the battery charging, then change to a question mark, and then turn off... and repeat. The battery is getting hot, so I opened it all up, unplugged and let it cool. Tried again, and the same story. Ive pressed the power button, and power+volume down, and neither helps. Any thoughts?
It's the loose charging port. These phones are known for it. They'll replace it, but your phone has to be PERFECT otherwise.. any scratches or cracks, and you run the risk of them saying you drop... See more...
It's the loose charging port. These phones are known for it. They'll replace it, but your phone has to be PERFECT otherwise.. any scratches or cracks, and you run the risk of them saying you dropped it, and it's your fault. Once you get a replacement and ship yours in, you risk them charging you full price for a new phone. I'm on my second Incredible 2 with the same problem.. sometimes it catches and charges, sometiems it doesn't. I got an outside battery charger and some extra batteries, and just replace it during the day... It's very frustrating but the phone is so great otherwise, that I opted to get a second one (after my first 'broken' one fell into the subway tracks, paid the $100 for a replacement through the insurance). If anyone's had better luck getting it replaced for free, I wanna hear it, because I'm up for new every 2. This is the ONLY problem I have and willing to hold on a little longer to be sure kinks are worked out on the new batch of phones.
It could be the battery or the port. Batteries do die .. but it seems that a lot of DInc2s have loose port issues. I just (hopefully) finished dealing with it myself.. Call them and discuss your ... See more...
It could be the battery or the port. Batteries do die .. but it seems that a lot of DInc2s have loose port issues. I just (hopefully) finished dealing with it myself.. Call them and discuss your personal issues.. maybe from a work phone or a friend's phone? There are 3 solutions- 1 - if there are no scratches or dents, and youve had it less than a year, trade it in for a new one. but ppl have had the same problem with multiple replacements.. And if you have any scratches, Verizon simply charges you $300 for the new phone. 2 - Call HTC and they'll direct you to a company that they outsource fixes to. Again, if its within your 1 year warranty, it will be free. But then you're without a phone for at least 2 weeks, and you have to mail it.. 3 - Go on ebay and buy a few back up batteries, and a battery charger. I just got 2 batteries + a charger for $10, free shipping.  I can't say any of these parts will last forever, but better than risking Verizon charging me $300 for a new phone for scratches, even if I have to replace it a few times. Hope this helps!
Hi all, Thanks to this board, I see that a lot of ppl are having the same problem.. The port is loose.. I can sometimes wiggle it and find the exact perfect position, and charge it for a bit b... See more...
Hi all, Thanks to this board, I see that a lot of ppl are having the same problem.. The port is loose.. I can sometimes wiggle it and find the exact perfect position, and charge it for a bit before an imaginary breeze knocks it out... always wake up with a dead phone. Most of the time it's been bent too far to connect anymore. My PC doesn't recognize the device anymore, so I can no longer use it to sync through the cord, and the PC sometimes wont enough voltage to power it anyway, even if I can get that orange light to light up.. it mocks me. So. Verizon says they will replace it. But if they get mine back and decide that *I* damaged it, I'll be charged the $500. No change to get mine back and submit it for an insurance claim.. I must take this gamble, or take their advice... just pay the insurance instead of risking it. There are teeny scratches on the surface of the rubber frame, but considering I've had it since June of last year, I'd say 11 months with ZERO screen damage or anything else really broken is impressive. The man in the verizon store said those scratches will probably "prove" that i "must have dropped it." So I called HTC and was told I could mail it to their subcontracted team of ppl who can fix the port.. for free. Seems that if I'd be getting a refurbished where people have had the same problem over and over, this is my best bet.  But it's at least 2 weeks turnaround time, and I simply just drop my phone in the mail to them, and hope it gets there and gets back to me safely... Just wondering if anyone has worked with PCD and has any advice. Or if I really shouldnt have a problem trading in my phone despite the tiny scratches.. maybe this is easier?