Just caught I had a $42.50 monthly charge for International on my bill since 2017. I dont get the paper bills, and i never caught the charge on 1 of the 5 lines I have.  I recall back in 2017 i had t... Ver más...
Just caught I had a $42.50 monthly charge for International on my bill since 2017. I dont get the paper bills, and i never caught the charge on 1 of the 5 lines I have.  I recall back in 2017 i had to call to get Intl turned on, and was asked by the rep the dates i would be out of the country.  Was told the service would only be valid for the dates i gave them.  That was over 2 years ago.  Yes i understand i should have cuaght it on my online bill, but when i called i was only prorated the month i called. and Was told as a courtesy they would do last month.  I dont expect to be back billed to 2017 but did expect more than a month.  I have been with Verizon over 20 years and an employee for over 22years.  Just would have expected Verizon to be able to do more, especially since 3 years ago it wasnt that easy for employees to get things updated on there plans, without going to a specific location or calling an talking to a representative specifically for employee accounts. Just very disappointed.