Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,834 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Dont_LetMe_Die_Onhold's Posts

I don't have my phone.   The instructions say to dial my number then *86 <sen d>,. but I can't figure out how to press <send> on a computer.  I tried <Enter> and <Shift> <Enter> but it ignored me. I... See more...
I don't have my phone.   The instructions say to dial my number then *86 <sen d>,. but I can't figure out how to press <send> on a computer.  I tried <Enter> and <Shift> <Enter> but it ignored me. I'm on a Macbook.  I have no other way of connecting. I keep getting disconnected from customer service.
As soon as I leave my wifi at home, I lose the ability to use almost every app on my phone. It varies, but when opening the mapping programs, or searching on the internet, or texting and other apps ... See more...
As soon as I leave my wifi at home, I lose the ability to use almost every app on my phone. It varies, but when opening the mapping programs, or searching on the internet, or texting and other apps tell me no signal.  I see "LTE" on my phone. I may be able to respond to email at a particular time or have no problems. I switched from T-Mobile in Januyary.  I rarely had such problems in the past, but I have some sort of problem 90% of the time as soon as I leave my apartment. I live in Seattle.  According to the maps I've checked, there is enough capacity. This is any time of the day or night on any day. Could a setting be incorrect?  Of is the Verizon Network so clogged, I should not expect to use data apps when away from home?
We all receive spim.  The instructions I have received are to forward the spim to 7726 (this spells spam) and your carrier will respond. That is also on the Verizon Website. Verizon says they will ... See more...
We all receive spim.  The instructions I have received are to forward the spim to 7726 (this spells spam) and your carrier will respond. That is also on the Verizon Website. Verizon says they will respond and ask for the number that has sent it to me.  But, Verizon has never responded.   Is this just a waste of my time?  Is this something that is done just so I feel like I'm doing something?
I needed to turn off my caller ID to make a business call where I didn't want the person to have my home phone. I went to settings, phone, and the option was gone.  The words did not appear.  There ... See more...
I needed to turn off my caller ID to make a business call where I didn't want the person to have my home phone. I went to settings, phone, and the option was gone.  The words did not appear.  There wasn't even a blank space. I went to MyVerizon.  Put in ID/PWD.  My pwd is 13 digits, upp/low/special characters, etc.  Typed "caller id missing from iphone xr."  It responded with a list of items that should be in the box.  Although logged in via phone, I asked for an agent and had to do the id/pwd again.  The agent told me to select it on the page and I once again explained it was missing.  After several holds, I was told to click the link.   There was no linkl  Then the agent sent the link.  It took me to a page where I had to log in again and it started talking about some other program or appl.   I wasn't sure what this was all about.  I got back to the agent and said what the link was showing me. The agent suggested resetting my phone and then talk to him/her.  I said that reboot and I'd start all over.   So s/he suggested changing network settings. Of course the phone rebooted, the option doesn't exist, and I have to go through all of this again. My Verizon had some things including other options, which took me to another page, id/pwd again, to check the compatibility with spam software but I'm not even sure that's the right thingl.' I have a few questions: 1) Has verizon made changes to the Apple OS reducing my functionality?  If so, why not integrate it so I see the option right there without the wild goose chase? 3) How the heck can I block my phone when I make a call?  I've now lost several hours.  The searches all point back to something gone. 4) I won't bother to explain my thoughts about Verizon's AI systems or agents that seem to know no more than I do. 5) I'm paying money for insurance/support.  Am I going to the right place?  I had hoped that paying extra money would give me something extra.  Like maybe they know about changes made by Verizon to an Operating System. 6) As a Verizon Customer, with an iPhone XR, other than MyVerizon, which appears to nothing other than a barrier to reach customer service, are there other apps that are available that are recommended or helpful? 7) How has business managed to convince customers to provide customer service to other customers, replacing paid agents at no charge.  I need to have my house painted for free.
My phone does not respond. I'm a senior with several disabilities, live alone and can't even dial 911. Every thing I've chosen online takes me to a bot.  It says there is a live agent on, but no on... See more...
My phone does not respond. I'm a senior with several disabilities, live alone and can't even dial 911. Every thing I've chosen online takes me to a bot.  It says there is a live agent on, but no one responds.  Eventually it logs me off. I can't call, but in the past when I've dialed 611, it says it's after hours (noon on a weekday). Someone responds on twitter after several hours, but only to say they are busy. I am limited to text, email, facetime and skype.  The latter two just say call failed, but I may be using them incorrectly. Can someone either get a message to Verizon or help me so I can at least get facetime/skype to call?  Or give me a way to email/text Verizon?  If it were a few years ago, I could have walked to their corporate offices. There has to be someway for me to get through to someone, or even get an old phone to work.
My phone will not respond to my touch.  When I restart, it will not accept any number.  I can hear phone calls but it will not allow me to answer.   I log on to Verizon Support.  Every choice steer... See more...
My phone will not respond to my touch.  When I restart, it will not accept any number.  I can hear phone calls but it will not allow me to answer.   I log on to Verizon Support.  Every choice steers me to a bot.  The bot gives me 4 choices.  It promises I will speak with a live agent but none ever shows up.  Sometimes it tells me I AM talking to a live agent but when I type, the BOT responds.  After a while I get a message to press OK if I still want to be connected, but it ignores when I do. I can't dial 611.  I can't dial the 800 number, but when I've done that in the past I only get a message that they are closed/after hours.  That's before Covid, at noon, on a weekday. I've tried Twitter.  They don't respond. I'm not that familiar with Facetime or Skype, but have tried and only get call failed. I'm a Senior, who is isolated with multiple problems.  I live alone and now cannot communicate with anyone. I need some way to text/email/chat with Verizon where someone responds.  I can't even dial 911.  Completely shut off.
30 or more phone calls and emails and I'm getting insincere "this is not what we meant you to have."  Sincerity would mean that there were enough staff and that staff were trained to do more than say... See more...
30 or more phone calls and emails and I'm getting insincere "this is not what we meant you to have."  Sincerity would mean that there were enough staff and that staff were trained to do more than say they are sorry.' All I am getting is referrals to others. There is an old expression, "Please don't **** on my leg and then tell me it's raining." It's nice that some say they are sorry.  But those making the decisions are not sorry.  Verizon decisionmakers are pleased to cause problems for customers and care more about a penny more in dividends than in providing customer support. The first line customer support is paid to say they are sorry knowing they cannot provide the support.
1) Inability to make cell calls from home. 2) Inability to get internet while traveling. 3) Sharp edge on case cuts me and othet things.  4 calls to try to get replaced. 4) Conflicting information... See more...
1) Inability to make cell calls from home. 2) Inability to get internet while traveling. 3) Sharp edge on case cuts me and othet things.  4 calls to try to get replaced. 4) Conflicting information about insurance and need for Applecare. 5) Trying to find out of the insurance that covers all home equipment.  Which items?  For what problems?  What are deductibles, and more. 6) Cannot find detailed list of services I have. 7) Name spelled wrong on account. 😎 Cannot find itemized bill. 9) Which of 30 Verizon apps do I need? 10) What are the addons I should consideer?  Which are free?  Whcih cost? 11) and other questiohs.  
After three weeks and dozens and dozens of hours trying to reach anyone at Verizon to resolve the half dozen issues with my new order and phone and being transferred and put on hold, I tried Twitter.... See more...
After three weeks and dozens and dozens of hours trying to reach anyone at Verizon to resolve the half dozen issues with my new order and phone and being transferred and put on hold, I tried Twitter.  Every time I typed a line, it took 20 minutes to 6 hours for the person to respond.   Well Verizon wanted me to get other customers to help solve.  So I posted here.  After several days I get an "offer" to call me and to resolve "one" issuie as long as they didn't have to access my account. Imagine going to the hospital with a variety of symptoms and you are told someone will look at one symptom but have no access to your chart or test results. I received a phone call at 5am.  5am.  Verizon failed to understand the very nature of this modern invention called a portable phone.  You can move it and the phone number does not tell you what time zone someone is.  Crazy idea.  But understandable when the people going to call have no access to your record. During this period, I actually had to go to the hospital with an attack of high blood pressure, something that has been undercontrol for over two years.  I wonder how many have died while trying to get someone to respond. During the calls, I listened to the "we are receiving more calls than normal."  That, along with "your call is very important to us" are the most common lies told by business to us.  Companies that forecast network capacity, costs, profit margins, research, etc. are always surprised at the fact that customers don't understand conflicting and confusing information, how to find the right people withthe right answers, etc. I realize the volume of information that Verzon staff needs to understand.  I also know how they operate.  They are understaffed.  They plan for the percentage of customers they will lose for lousy service, the number of customers that will give up trying to get an answer, and calculate the time customers will spend on hold.  There is no commitment to reduce the time on hold, no commmitment to improve customer satisfaction, no commitment to improvement at all.  There is a commitment to reduce costs.  Taking time to answer questions is a cost.  The very fact that they have customers help other customers is an admission that they cannot help and do not care. Verizon is not the worst here.  But they rank up there and are one of the largest..    Verizon, you are happy to try to take our money, but you are not giving us value.   Your business model to take money and refuse to provide service is not morally defendible.  In your goal to give higher returns to shareholders, you have destroyed customer loyalty.   You spend more money winning back customers than you would have to merely respond to customers in a timely manner with the correct answer.    A fish rots from the head down.  And a corporation takes lead from the CEO/Board.  Perhaps have a single board seat held by a customer.  Just add one voice to the group of CEOS who sit on each others boards to ensure they all make more and more money rather than spend some on customer service. Your disdain for customers is central to your being.
First after six hours on hold., I have yet to reach anyone who could do anything but tell me to call back or speak to someone else. I have been on a twitter chat for over an hour and a half.  The pe... See more...
First after six hours on hold., I have yet to reach anyone who could do anything but tell me to call back or speak to someone else. I have been on a twitter chat for over an hour and a half.  The person disappears for 20 minutes at a time.  I worry the person may have had a heart attack. I had four issues.  The first was my name was misspelled.  After an hour and a half, I get a message that my address has changed. I also had a question about insurance and my bill. Ten minutes ago the person responded that I had no insurance, asked the questions I had on the bill after I got the text that my address had changed. I asked why the message about my address, then told the person that there IS insurance, and that it was about the only thing that WAS clear on the bill.  I was starting to feel ill.  I took my blood pressure and for the first time in over two years, it is above normal.  Dangerously above normal.  I can't believe that Verizon is going to make me stroke out after my blood pressure has been great.  It's going on an hour and a half.  I ask a question and I have to wait 20 minutes for a response.  The response has nothing to do with my question and is also incorrect. After 7 hours waiting, I do not want to get off the chat to call an ambulance.  There is no way that this is not by design.  There is not even a response. 13 minutes since the person has typed a single letter.  I am feeling dizzy and nauseated and am calling an ambulance. People in call centers are regulated as to when they go to the bathroom.  There is no way that someone takes multiple 20 minutee breaks unless that is the policy . I need to speak with someone who can help.   I';ve been trying for five days to reach anyone.