Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,862 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Blacklisted's Posts

You can try this nxalfaro,   You Desktop Manager or (AppLoader) software will typically generate a file know as a LoaderBackup.ipd file. The format will correlate to the date that you managed ... See more...
You can try this nxalfaro,   You Desktop Manager or (AppLoader) software will typically generate a file know as a LoaderBackup.ipd file. The format will correlate to the date that you managed to upgrade/downgrade your OS on the device in question.  The format will be as such. LoaderBackup-(2010-4-19) IPD File.   What I would suggest is to run a search from the search option located from the start window of your PC.  You will be prompted for a search query. "What do you want to search for?". Select "All Files and Folders" In the top field labeled "All or part of the file name" type in LoaderBackup. Then navigate to the more advanced options tab. In the first field labled "Type of File" type in .ipd. and be sure to select the box that says search hidden files and folders.   Try that and let us know if you were able to find a copy of your backup.
I hope you have tried to do a battery pull. If not, I recommend removing the battery cover from the back of the device then removing the battery for about 10 to 15 seconds and then reinstall the... See more...
I hope you have tried to do a battery pull. If not, I recommend removing the battery cover from the back of the device then removing the battery for about 10 to 15 seconds and then reinstall the battery and let the device reboot.   Start with that. Try another call and let us know if that took care of the issue. 
I would tend to think that entering the letters is the same as what you stated earlier. Difference is that you may have inadvertently selected a setting that now allows you to be able to see the ... See more...
I would tend to think that entering the letters is the same as what you stated earlier. Difference is that you may have inadvertently selected a setting that now allows you to be able to see the letters that are being entered in to the device for password unlock.   Exactly which BlackBerry device do you have and do you know which operating system is loaded onto that device? 
I'm going to do you one better. Take a look at this if you will. I know there is more than one way to skin a cat but you cannot fail with this.   All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device ... See more...
I'm going to do you one better. Take a look at this if you will. I know there is more than one way to skin a cat but you cannot fail with this.   All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos   Good Luck 
Rumor has it that Verizon will be officially releasing OS 5.0.0.607 for the 9550 today (Monday).   It's not bad.....Still has some bugs.   You can check for the update here.   BlackBerry® S... See more...
Rumor has it that Verizon will be officially releasing OS 5.0.0.607 for the 9550 today (Monday).   It's not bad.....Still has some bugs.   You can check for the update here.   BlackBerry® Software Updates  
TVMangum,   I would suggest looking into this thread as far as making a proper backup of your BlackBerry.   BlackBerry Desktop Manager   Good Luck!
Get ready! BlackBerry Internet Service v2.8 upgrade to BlackBerry Internet Service v3.0 is around the corner. Here are the maintenance notifications informing us when the upgrades will be taking... See more...
Get ready! BlackBerry Internet Service v2.8 upgrade to BlackBerry Internet Service v3.0 is around the corner. Here are the maintenance notifications informing us when the upgrades will be taking place. Dates and estimated downtimes are in.   There will be scheduled network maintenance by Research In Motion (RIM) affecting BIS customers between 0100 CT / 0200 EDT on March 28th and 0500 CT / 0600 EDT on March 28th. Blackberry will be performing a BlackBerry Internet Service v2.8 upgrade to BlackBerry Internet Service v3.0 BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages using their BlackBerry hosted email account or integrated third-party email accounts, view email attachments, activate email service, or request to see ""more"" text during the maintenance. Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to create subscriber accounts or provision services for subscribers. The estimated duration of impact is 4 hours and affects 100% of BIS customers. Overview The BlackBerry Internet Service is designed to provide subscribers with access to email messaging, instant messaging, Internet browsing, and more. BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers can receive automatic delivery of email messages for up to ten email accounts on their BlackBerry smartphones. BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0 is the latest version of the BlackBerry Internet Service offered by Research In Motion. Coming soon: Enhancements to Google Mail integrations Google Mail Account to BlackBerry smartphone synchronization of read, unread and sent email message status for new Google Mail integrations Note: this feature will be added throughout the Spring 2010 by region Enhancements to the Google Mail Plug-in Create and delete labels from the BlackBerry smartphone Note: The Google Mail Plug-in requires BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5 or later and a Google Mail integration, using Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), within BlackBerry Internet Service.  Additional Language Support for Basque, Catalan, Galician, Romanian  Increased Attachment Compatibility OpenDocument Presentations (.odp) OpenDocument Spreadsheets (.ods) OpenDocument Text (.odt) OpenDocument Text Templates (.ott) Windows Media Audio (.wma) Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (xHTML) Support for non Thick Clients BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0 is designed to support xHTML for non Thick Clients, providing BlackBerry smartphone users with a richer user experience, allowing for buttons, additional fonts, and colour controls when subscribers access and toggle their user settings.  Device Switch Revalidation  Changes to optimize the email setup and deactivation experience when the subscriber switches BlackBerry smartphones or Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards. Hosted Email Address Passwords Allows BlackBerry smartphone users to re-claim the BlackBerry email address if their BlackBerry Internet Service account is ever deleted. You can view the entire article from RIM using the link provided.   View Document
Yeah, doing a security wipe will in fact wipe all the personal data from your device, however your phone number will still be displayed until the device is reactivated with another account.   T... See more...
Yeah, doing a security wipe will in fact wipe all the personal data from your device, however your phone number will still be displayed until the device is reactivated with another account.   To remove this information, from the call screen press ##000000 and send. In the first two lines of this Service Edit Screen, substitue both sets of numbers to "0000000000"   Now every trace of information has been deleted from that device.    
Hey  stephv,   Your going to need to download and install Desktop Manager for BlackBerry devices to your PC.   Here is a link from VZW.   http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/desktop.aspx ... See more...
Hey  stephv,   Your going to need to download and install Desktop Manager for BlackBerry devices to your PC.   Here is a link from VZW.   http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/desktop.aspx   From here you can choose the PC application or the Mac version. In the area where it asks you for your 10 digit VZW number just simply use 999-999-9999. I don't like to give out more information than I have too.   After the download and instalation is complete, you will now have the ability to create backups of your entire device.     You can select the Backup and Restore feature.   Good Luck!
Sounds like your device did not auto start your service connection. From your applications screen, scroll throught the list of icons until you find the icon "Manage Connections". Select this ic... See more...
Sounds like your device did not auto start your service connection. From your applications screen, scroll throught the list of icons until you find the icon "Manage Connections". Select this icon. In the list of connections place a check mark in the box for "Mobile Network".   This should get you going *thumbs up*
These type applications are going to get pushed onto your device every time your re registers to the network. Typically what I'll do is create a folder called VZW Junk and move all these launche... See more...
These type applications are going to get pushed onto your device every time your re registers to the network. Typically what I'll do is create a folder called VZW Junk and move all these launchers in that folder. If you notice they do not have a very big file size so the memory usage is minimal.
You may be able to send a document or picture via Bluetooth to a printer that has a bluetooth interface.   Currently, I have been able to send pictures to a Kodak kiosk via bluetooth.
How long has this issue been happening? Have you been able to make calls before? My last question would be is have you tried a battery pull?
I would continue to plug and unplug the 3.5mm jack into your Blackberry device. The original Blackberry Storm has been know to have issues with the headset output jack. Users have been able to in... See more...
I would continue to plug and unplug the 3.5mm jack into your Blackberry device. The original Blackberry Storm has been know to have issues with the headset output jack. Users have been able to initialize the jack by performing the above instruction.
That device has Hardware issues. I would immediately return that device to the original point of purchase and request a new 9550.  
I would like to know how exactly you are syncing your device to the MP3 player. I did not have this issue on my 9530 on any of the 5.0 operating systems. I used the audio/headset jack and connect... See more...
I would like to know how exactly you are syncing your device to the MP3 player. I did not have this issue on my 9530 on any of the 5.0 operating systems. I used the audio/headset jack and connected via 3.5mm male to male cable to the aux port on my vehicles radio. Is this how you are connecting? 
Rumor has it that VZW will start doing an early upgrade for Storm 1 customers to the Storm 2. This upgrade will have customers extending their current contract to a full new 2 year agreement. Pri... See more...
Rumor has it that VZW will start doing an early upgrade for Storm 1 customers to the Storm 2. This upgrade will have customers extending their current contract to a full new 2 year agreement. Priced at $279.99 with a $100.00 mail in rebate.   No dates have been specified as to when this upgrade will go into effect.
Again these fixes may not work for all...     Users may try this... From your device home screen touch the screen one time. The Device should now list the application screen.  Next select t... See more...
Again these fixes may not work for all...     Users may try this... From your device home screen touch the screen one time. The Device should now list the application screen.  Next select the Menu(Blackberry) button. Scroll down the menu list and select options. The device should now be in Home Screen Preferences.   Open (Set Home Screen Layout) Select the Today setting the menu button and save. Now open the (Set Home Screen Layout) and select either 1 row or 2 rows. Which ever is your preference. Most have had best results from the 2 row setting. Remember to save the settings.    Good Luck.... Michael      
Some rumors have started in the Storm community that VZW may upgrade your current 9530's to the new 9550's due to manufacturing defects...
No