Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,858 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

kaleadean's Posts

Not sure if I am using the terminology correctly but hopefully someone understands what I am asking here. I would like to know if there is a way to determine whether or not a cellular phone line on ... See more...
Not sure if I am using the terminology correctly but hopefully someone understands what I am asking here. I would like to know if there is a way to determine whether or not a cellular phone line on my unlimited family plan which currently has (4) four active cellular phone lines, has a SIP/VOIP (Google Voice, Discord, Skype) number associated with one of them. Obviously if I was to ask the family member whose phone is in question about this I am not too confident the answer will be all that truthful. Unfortunately.  Which is why I would like to know if somehow this can be found out maybe by tech support if not on my own? FYI,  Any of the 3 voip service apps I mentioned above are not currently installed on said phone line.  Thanks in advance for any information or answers I may get here.
WOW! That was the first time I have ever read a reply from vzw_customer_support that was short, helpful and answered the question in the post. Nice job DiaS_VZW!
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32436016-New-to-site-new-to-VOIP-please-excuse-the-dummy
Hi Caleb, I've gotten responses but no answers. I did come across a very similar situation on dslreports.com but there isn't much of an answer there either. There is a detailed explanation for what e... See more...
Hi Caleb, I've gotten responses but no answers. I did come across a very similar situation on dslreports.com but there isn't much of an answer there either. There is a detailed explanation for what exactly the CDR aka Call Detail Record, contains. There is a bug somewhere in the software that is causing the CDR to show on our end the way we are seeing it. If the bug wasn't there then we would just see the phone number. However, I would like to know why this bug is here to begin with, is this intentionally being done on my end by a family member? Is this intentionally being done on the other end by I have no idea who? Or is this just a glitch? Here is the link to the post. I asked the same question you asked me at the very bottom a few days ago and haven't been responded too there either. Stewart is the poster with all the knowledge on this stuff but even with that it doesn't explain what is exactly is going on. I've had my concerns that the phone line this is happening with may have a voip number connected to it but I have no idea how to find that out.
This is being displayed in the call log history from the Verizon Safe Family app on the parent (Me) end coming from one of the four phone lines on my account. This only happens with incoming calls so... See more...
This is being displayed in the call log history from the Verizon Safe Family app on the parent (Me) end coming from one of the four phone lines on my account. This only happens with incoming calls so far from two different numbers both known contacts but of course not displayed like this. The first time this happened was Sept 16th. Probably happened about 4-5 times total. 
Sorry I was not aware anyone responded.  Hopefully you're still able to solve this for me. Below is what is displayed. Substituting actual phone number digits with zeros in bold.The first line has a ... See more...
Sorry I was not aware anyone responded.  Hopefully you're still able to solve this for me. Below is what is displayed. Substituting actual phone number digits with zeros in bold.The first line has a familiar phone number complete with area code and US country code +1 in at the front. The second line has the area code and the prefix of a local phone number but everything after the zeros all the way to the end I have no idea what that means.     sip:+100000000000x3Brn =+1000000@icscf1.pnw39 .volte.vzims.com:50600x3Btran sport=udp0x3Buser=phone
One of the lines on VSF recently showed a new unknown contact In a way I've never seen one displayed before. Any ideas why this is happening?  
Phone recently updated and along with fast battery drain like many others ha e mentioned I no longer have the option to schedule text messages in the messages app. NOT the VZ messages app but the Sam... See more...
Phone recently updated and along with fast battery drain like many others ha e mentioned I no longer have the option to schedule text messages in the messages app. NOT the VZ messages app but the Samsung app. I never used the VZ app before so idk if that was a possibility then or now. I only know I could scheduled texts in the Samsung app before the update and since then I can't!    Anyone else noticed this?  Is there a fix or another way to go about being able to still have this ability?    
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Will be trying them shortly.
After running the device health check and going thru the issues found on my S8+ under the storage category it is suggested by health check to clear the cache of apps that are currently holding a lot ... See more...
After running the device health check and going thru the issues found on my S8+ under the storage category it is suggested by health check to clear the cache of apps that are currently holding a lot of temporary files that are just taking up room. My issue is that in order to fix this you need to go thru each app individually and clear the cache. 1st screen shot is where you chose the app 2nd is being directed to which setting in the app you need to chose in order to clear cache 3rd is actually clearing the cache in the storage setting of the app. After doing this you need to go back to the 1st screen to chose another app and do the same thing. 3 different screens you have to go thru twice; once to get to the cache and then another time to go back to the temporary files page.         Is there a more efficent and faster way to go about this where it could be set up like when your going thru duplicate photo's and just tick the check boxes of each app and confirm and clear at the bottom instead? Example below I I know files and app caches are probably not the same thing and handled differently but if there is any way to make this somewhat easier and less time consuming it would be nice. I don't know about everyone else but I have quite a bit of apps on my phone and doing this every now and then makes me not want to do it at all. Lol. 
                                               kalea dean                    Apr 17, 2018 7:16 PM                                     (in response to kalea dean)                      HI there! ... See more...
                                               kalea dean                    Apr 17, 2018 7:16 PM                                     (in response to kalea dean)                      HI there! Well thank you soooo much CarmenT_VZW  for responding to my questions so quickly and not only that, actually having decent answers to them. I am sorry I am only responding now. I did read your reply shortly after you did but I haven't been able to get back to you until now. Link to original post: Contacts on Family Base Companion device has me wondering??? As far as the multiple VM entries answer you gave that does make sense. So it depends on whether the "tower" the VM call went thru when the call was made being either a Verizon cell tower or a different carrier could be the reason for the different VM contact entries, correct? Next, the multiple but identical contacts is still a bit confusing but if your suggesting that they are saved in the phone itself under several accounts like, Verizon, Phone, Google or Microsoft Exchange then I can see that playing into somehow becoming several of the same contacts listed in the Family Base list. An then finally, the blocked calls and various blocked call alias's I really wasn't expecting to find out much about them I just found it interesting how there were so many different variations of a blocked caller. As long as they block themselves then I guess they succeeded. I do have a couple more question if you don't mind me asking, And hopefully that will be all. 1.) I had a screen shot but I can't find it anywhere so that I am able to show you just what I mean because if there was ever a need for a screenshot, this would be a good reason. How does one get a call FROM voicemail? There is a contact that is from out of state and from time to time when there are conversations between this phone and the contact somehow the contact also shows up as a voicemail contact (0).,So when I check in what I am seeing is incoming calls from (0). The time duration of each call are always the exact amount of time as the outgoing call to the actual contact. But for some reason the incoming call back to my phone says that it is (0) calling. I've never had voicemail call me. Never. lol. 2.) Ok I'm kinda thinking that this has something to do with cell towers like the others but why not ask anyways right? How come some contacts that have and area code and the number and saved into the family base contact list somehow become an unknown contact when only the 7 digit version of the number is either called or calling? See numbers 16 and 23. 3.) OK, Last one is what is the deal a seven digit number that has +1 in front of the following the 7 digit number? The screen shot is an example of both questions 2 and 3. Thank you again for your original response that included real answers. I did not expect my questions to be answered let alone answered with much thought. I'll check back soon.
HI there!, Well thank you soooo much for responding to my questions so quickly and not only that, actually having decent answers to them. I am sorry I am only responding now. I did read your rep... See more...
HI there!, Well thank you soooo much for responding to my questions so quickly and not only that, actually having decent answers to them. I am sorry I am only responding now. I did read your reply shortly after you did but I haven't been able to get back to you until now. As far as the multiple VM entries answer you gave that does make sense. So it depends on whether the "tower" the VM call went thru when the call was made being either a Verizon cell tower or a different carrier could be the reason for the different VM contact entries, correct? Next, the multiple but identical contacts is still a bit confusing but if your suggesting that they are saved in the phone itself under several accounts like, Verizon, Phone, Google or Microsoft Exchange then I can see that playing into somehow becoming several of the same contacts listed in the Family Base list. An then finally, the blocked calls and various blocked call alias's I really wasn't expecting to find out much about them I just found it interesting how there were so many different variations of a blocked caller. As long as they block themselves then I guess they succeeded. I do have a couple more question if you don't mind me asking, And hopefully that will be all. 1.) I had a screen shot but I can't find it anywhere so that I am able to show you just what I mean because if there was ever a need for a screenshot, this would be a good reason. How does one get a call FROM voicemail? There is a contact that is from out of state and from time to time when there are conversations between this phone and the contact somehow the contact also shows up as a voicemail contact (0).,So when I check in what I am seeing is incoming calls from (0). The time duration of each call are always the exact amount of time as the outgoing call to the actual contact. But for some reason the incoming call back to my phone says that it is (0) calling. I've never had voicemail call me. Never. lol. 2.) Ok I'm kinda thinking that this has something to do with cell towers like the others but why not ask anyways right? How come some contacts that have and area code and the number and saved into the family base contact list somehow become an unknown contact when only the 7 digit version of the number is either called or calling? See numbers 16 and 23. 3.) ok, last one is what is the deal a seven digit number that has +1 in front of the following the 7 digit number? The screen shot is an example of both questions 2 and 3. Ok, I'm done. Thank you again for your original response that included real answers. I did not expect my questions to be answered let alone answered with much thought. I'll check back soon.
Hi There Verizon Community! I have a couple questions regarding one of my phones under my account with the family base companion app installed. Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on ... See more...
Hi There Verizon Community! I have a couple questions regarding one of my phones under my account with the family base companion app installed. Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on these issues. Thank u in advance for any insight you all may have. 1st Question: While looking thru the contacts list I noticed that the contact named UNIDENTIFIED CALLER showed a few other names associated with it so I clicked on it and discovered that aside from UNIDENTIFIED CALLER being the main or default contact name, there were a few others. The familiar ones are: BLOCKED, RESTRICTED PRIVATE. The unfamiliar and new to me are: -1, -2, -3, 999-999-9999, NULL PRIVATENUMBER Would anybody happen to know why these numbers are different from the usual UNIDENTIFIED, UNKNOWN & BLOCKED contact identities???? 2nd Question: While assigning contact names to contacts on this list Family Base will not let you assign the same name to a number when it's already being used for a different number. You would need to add the persons last initial or something to differentiate the two. So an example would be: Exsisting contact is Mary = xxx-xxxx New contact would need to be Mary M. = xxx-xxxx I noticed that this contact list now has serveral contacts with the same name and same spelling and all the letters have the same capitalization. How is it that this was not a possibility before and now it obviously is??? 3rd Question: I noticed one particular contact is Voicemail. I only am going to show 2 examples of this but believe me, there are 6 different Voice Mail entries. Voicemail has 6 different contact listings: 1. Voicemail  (000-000-0086) 2. Voicemail  (;86) 3. Voicemail (*86) and then there are two of the number zero's: 4. 0 (0) just the number 5. 0 (one of them has three after the zero: 0---) and finally there is a contact named: 6. 86 (86) The voicemail issue is the weirdest one of all to me. I would really LOVE any info related to my questions!!!
Did you ever get an answer for this problem you're having or had?
I completely agree cherylsavakis, Terrible everything and no access to contacts via desktop/laptop only phone app. I was very comfortable with the old one and as much of a bad wrap FBase has gott... See more...
I completely agree cherylsavakis, Terrible everything and no access to contacts via desktop/laptop only phone app. I was very comfortable with the old one and as much of a bad wrap FBase has gotten I actually have been pretty pleased with it for 5 or 6 yrs now.  Occasionally issues come up but they go away sooner or later. This new FBase whatever it is is no bueno.
MARTOR89, I SHARE YOUR PAIN. ALL 3 OF THE REPLIES TO YOUR QUESTION ARE COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL. IT FEELS LIKE A DEATH IN THE FAMILY HAS OCCURRED AND I'M NOT EXAGGERATING ONE BIT. THIS SUCKS, THA... See more...
MARTOR89, I SHARE YOUR PAIN. ALL 3 OF THE REPLIES TO YOUR QUESTION ARE COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL. IT FEELS LIKE A DEATH IN THE FAMILY HAS OCCURRED AND I'M NOT EXAGGERATING ONE BIT. THIS SUCKS, THAT'S ALL THERE IS TOO IT. MONEY AND GREED WINS AGAIN.
Everything you said involving your S5 is happening with mine. I have not gone thru all the troubleshooting efforts the way you have and since none of them improved the issue at all for u I'm gues... See more...
Everything you said involving your S5 is happening with mine. I have not gone thru all the troubleshooting efforts the way you have and since none of them improved the issue at all for u I'm guessing it's hardware related and being that our phones are all past that 1 yr mark we're now wondering how in the world am I going to be able to afford to buy another $600 phone right now? Please tell me my assumptions are totally off cause I don't want to be right about this.
I did not set up the phone as new when i did either factory resets, instead I restored the content from my backup. I just tried again to log in using my phone and the error still appears.I have... See more...
I did not set up the phone as new when i did either factory resets, instead I restored the content from my backup. I just tried again to log in using my phone and the error still appears.I have also uninstalled and reinstalled family base twice.        
Sorry for the delay, just had other more important things going on but I did a factory reset twice and I still have the same issue with family base on my S5.
i have been getting the same error since the lollipop update install on my galaxy s5 about two weeks ago. this happens when I try to log into my family base app on my phone. Doesn't happen on my ... See more...
i have been getting the same error since the lollipop update install on my galaxy s5 about two weeks ago. this happens when I try to log into my family base app on my phone. Doesn't happen on my laptop, just the phone. Needless to say I have not been able to access family base on my phone since the update happened, just my computer. I have uninstalled the family base app and reinstalled 2xs and after I put in my required user id and password the app "thinks" for a long period of time and then eventually the {error E1330} appears. Any ideas on what this is about?