After dropping my phone in the ocean, I spent the better part of the following day attempting to file a claim with Asurion.  After calls, and calls, I was told by Asurion to go to the Verizon sto... Ver más...
After dropping my phone in the ocean, I spent the better part of the following day attempting to file a claim with Asurion.  After calls, and calls, I was told by Asurion to go to the Verizon store and they would be able to help me complete the required paperwork.  I went to Verizon store on Sports Arena Blvd in San Diego, waited, and was finally approached by Qiana (sp?).  After no "hello" or "my name is so and so", I explained that I was having a horrible time trying to complete a claim and was directed to the Verizon store.  Qiana's response was, "Well what do you think we're going to be able to do about it.  It's handled by a third party".  Wow! was all I could come up with.  She started to walk off explaining that I just needed to call them.  I explained to her that I had called, and called, and that I'd not been able to get anywhere.  She told me that that's all that we could do.  I again explained that I'd been doing that and she curtly replied, "Well you're going to call them and explain that you're here and then give the phone to me". Dumbfounded by the attitude and rudeness I was receiving I followed her to the counter.  She dialed the number and handed the phone to me.  I wish I could even describe the look on her face...a mix of I'm an idiot, and that I'm wasting her time, and that I was the worst person on the planet is the best I can describe it. I got an Asurion representative on the phone and explained I was at the store, and the Asurion representative asked to speak to Qiana.  Qiana took the phone and literally said, "So, what am I supposed to do here for her?"  I shocked all over again at how unprofessional and rude she was, even to Asurion, Verizon's insurance company. During their call she asked me for the claim number which I had forgotten to bring, but assumed since we were calling Asurion, we would be able to get.  When I explained I didn't have it, Qiana rolled her eyes, and laughed, and said, "You don't even have the claim number?  How do you think?!?!?!....", shook her head, rolled her eyes, and then proceeded to ask the Asurion representative for the claim number, and was given it. At one point while on the phone, she demanded I come back behind the counter onto her computer to show her exactly what I was doing on the claims website.  Then, once she was happy(?) with what I'd shown her, she snapped at me to get back on the other side of the counter. End of story, she printed up some forms for me, rolled her eyes many more times, acted as if I was a complete inconvenience, and begrudingly gave me the model number of my phone.  When I double checked what the scribbled letters were for the model number, she huffed, and snapped them back to me. Originally, I had wanted to ask if I could just pay retail for a new phone, or extend my contract for a discount, but at this point, I just wanted to run out of the store.  I took my paperwork and said "thanks" to Qiana, but she neither acknowledged me, thanked me, or signalled that our encounter was done. As I left, I explained to the store "host"(?) that checked me in that it was the worst customer service I'd ever received.  By that time I was in tears and left as quickly as possible. I'm absolutely horrified with this encounter.  I don't know how my claim will end up and frankly, I just want to cancel my now 10-plus year contract, pay the early cancellation fee, and run far, far away from Verizon. Absolutely horrific experience.