Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,988 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

scififan's Posts

Thanks so much, dexman!
This is just cruel. We watched the first episode of the 4 part Canterville Ghost, and now cannot see the next three episodes. I have been looking on the website to see any notices of this and cannot ... See more...
This is just cruel. We watched the first episode of the 4 part Canterville Ghost, and now cannot see the next three episodes. I have been looking on the website to see any notices of this and cannot find any. Anyone else find a notice?
Hi PJJM! Thanks so much! I really appreciate your reply! After a lot of online reading, and an email to my daughter, I found out the sad fact that Roku and HBO are not playing nicely. But, in a str... See more...
Hi PJJM! Thanks so much! I really appreciate your reply! After a lot of online reading, and an email to my daughter, I found out the sad fact that Roku and HBO are not playing nicely. But, in a stroke of luck, rather than having to run an HDMI cable from the computer to the TV, we just purchased an Anniversary gift for ourselves (40 years!) of a new TV that does have Android TV, so it took a few steps, since we had not enabled the WiFi, but last night we were able to watch HBO Max!
I am hoping someone here can help an old lady with HBO Max. We are subscribed to HBO via our Verizon cable account. We have a Roku too. Is it possible to stream HBO Max through our Roku so we can wat... See more...
I am hoping someone here can help an old lady with HBO Max. We are subscribed to HBO via our Verizon cable account. We have a Roku too. Is it possible to stream HBO Max through our Roku so we can watch it on the TV? I truly appreciate any help anyone can give me!
Hi! So, yes, a technician came out last week, and he did a swap out of the lower part of the ONT. He also checked the splitter - not sure if he swapped that out. And, he ran a new internet cable, sin... See more...
Hi! So, yes, a technician came out last week, and he did a swap out of the lower part of the ONT. He also checked the splitter - not sure if he swapped that out. And, he ran a new internet cable, since the internet went out after fixing the TV problems. So we now have two cables going into the back of our router.
Thanks - I posted my question there. Hopefully I can get an answer!
So, an update in case anyone is interested. I spent all morning, and part of the afternoon, with Verizon customer service. I did phone and chat, as well as do it yourself stuff. At one point I was to... See more...
So, an update in case anyone is interested. I spent all morning, and part of the afternoon, with Verizon customer service. I did phone and chat, as well as do it yourself stuff. At one point I was told that there had been a free HBO service given to people since they were stuck at home, and that ended May 31. However, after a lot of back and forth, I finally convinced the dude that this did not apply to me - I have had HBO for years, and pay for it each month! That said, it is suspicious that my service for all HBO channels but 400 was suddenly not available on June 1... After repeated reboots of STBs and the main box, and making me run all over the house to disconnect and reconnect coax cables, ultimately a technician is coming out tomorrow. I still do not understand how that is going to help. It still sounds like an account problem with my account. But, I will play along, since you cannot escalate service, or so it seems. So, I am ready to waste another morning trying to get a service I pay for each month.
As of tonight, I am unable to get any of the HBO channels except for 400. The message says the channel is unavailable. Of course, I noticed this late enough that customer service is closed, chat is c... See more...
As of tonight, I am unable to get any of the HBO channels except for 400. The message says the channel is unavailable. Of course, I noticed this late enough that customer service is closed, chat is closed, and the in home agent is useless - keeps telling me to troubleshoot, and nothing is helping. Can anyone else get to other HBO channels besides 400? Thanks!
Thanks - I am saving these ideas for the future now that we have Ch 9 back. I apprecaite your help!
Thanks so much!
Hello! I am stuck with a contract so cannot cancel FIOS TV at the moment - but will when the contract is up - but in the meantime, I am looking into viewing ch 9 over the airwaves using an antenna. M... See more...
Hello! I am stuck with a contract so cannot cancel FIOS TV at the moment - but will when the contract is up - but in the meantime, I am looking into viewing ch 9 over the airwaves using an antenna. My question is, does anyone know if it is possible to record a program that is coming in to the house via antenna? Thanks for any help!
Hello! After the Equifax debacle,  numerous articles have pointed out the vulnerability of a phone number being ported to a new phone, and then the person in possession of the new phone gaining acces... See more...
Hello! After the Equifax debacle,  numerous articles have pointed out the vulnerability of a phone number being ported to a new phone, and then the person in possession of the new phone gaining access to accounts using the password reset function that requires a phone call or text be sent to the phone associated with the account.  Is there a way to make sure myulandline will not be ported without my knowledge and in fact is there a way to prevent it from being ported, period? Thanks for any help!
Hi again! Going back to issue 1 ,I did a screencap of  the communication preferences page in my account. There is nothing that specifies what email is used, which is why I am assuming it should go to... See more...
Hi again! Going back to issue 1 ,I did a screencap of  the communication preferences page in my account. There is nothing that specifies what email is used, which is why I am assuming it should go to the primary.  I will try and post the screencap here.
Hi tns2! Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know I am talking to peers - getting through to Verizon support is virtually (see what I did there? LOL...) impossible! I have found the people here to be more... See more...
Hi tns2! Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know I am talking to peers - getting through to Verizon support is virtually (see what I did there? LOL...) impossible! I have found the people here to be more helpful, actually. 1) I will go back in and recheck where but I am pretty sure that the options for where to send notices are just email or text message. I do not recall seeing a place to specify which email to use for notices. However, I will go back in a poke around and see if I missed anything! 2) How do I get the attention of an admin? And, I discovered something strange - related to this issue. Just now when I logged in to reply to you,  this new id I created is linked with my primary login - I was not able to use the "community forum ID only" option - it did not recognize this new id.  So, there seems to be some distinction - or perhaps they have phased out the old option? Something to ask the admins, once I get their attention! Again, my thanks!
So, good morning, or not. I have two issues I am hoping for help with. In general, I hate Verizon customer support, or non-support as I call it. You go to the "virtual assistant" which is useless, an... See more...
So, good morning, or not. I have two issues I am hoping for help with. In general, I hate Verizon customer support, or non-support as I call it. You go to the "virtual assistant" which is useless, and then you end up in a pointless loop of non-answers or solutions. My first problem - in my Verizon account, I have two email addresses listed, and one is clearly designated as primary, and is checked "verified" in my account profile. However, all email messages from verizon are going to my secondary email address. How can I fix that? I do not check that other email address as frequently as my primary. Second problem - the community forum login. I have a community forum account login that is separate. If I am logged in to my regular Verizon account, then when I click on the link to take me to the community forum login, it forces me to create a new id! So, now I am on my second ID for this forum. The only way I can get to the page that allows me to select "use my community forum only id" is to log out, clear all cookies, and shut down the browser, which is Firefox BTW. If I go to the Verizon homepage and just click on communty forum, then I can get that option, but now all of a sudden it is not recognizing the password I use to log in to the community only user id (yes, double checked, and it is correct). And, the password reset does not work - it tells me the id is not in their system, but when I just now set up a new id, it would not let me have that id, saying it was not available!! Then it forces me to log in to my regular Verizon account. Rinse and repeat, over and over, until I am ready to scream.  Can anyone offer me insight and solutions to these problems? So grateful if you can!