Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,371 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

TimSnyder's Posts

We have two iPhones. One purchased on release day and one purchased two days ago. Neither phone will update to the new software. I keep getting Error code 3194 unknown error. I have gone through ... See more...
We have two iPhones. One purchased on release day and one purchased two days ago. Neither phone will update to the new software. I keep getting Error code 3194 unknown error. I have gone through all the Apple Support Forums and have followed all the suggestions. I have completely removed the Norton Anti-Virus, no firewalls are on, no ports are blocked, ITunes is most current version, checked hosts registry.   Any one else run into this issue? Any thoughts on a fix?
My options were another CPO Fascinate or the Droid X as a replacment. I took the Droid X. No regrets! Awesome phone, get my calls and texts, and factory Gingerbread. If they are offering, take it... See more...
My options were another CPO Fascinate or the Droid X as a replacment. I took the Droid X. No regrets! Awesome phone, get my calls and texts, and factory Gingerbread. If they are offering, take it IMO. An early upgrade will NOT happen.
Mine was doing the same thing.... but after 5 replacement phones VZW finally replaced with a Droid X, which turned out to be a brand new unit for a "replacement". Im running stock Gingerbread, I ... See more...
Mine was doing the same thing.... but after 5 replacement phones VZW finally replaced with a Droid X, which turned out to be a brand new unit for a "replacement". Im running stock Gingerbread, I get my phone calls, and I get all my texts. I hope for all of you the Fascinate gets fixed. It was a great phone other than all that...
So after a lot of drama with CPO replacements on my Fascinate that never fixed any problems I got them to send me a Droid X instead. Has anyone else made this switch and will I like it?? Of cours... See more...
So after a lot of drama with CPO replacements on my Fascinate that never fixed any problems I got them to send me a Droid X instead. Has anyone else made this switch and will I like it?? Of course... if I have a phone that acutally receives calls and text messages I will be very happy!
I finally got a customer service rep to see this. My newest refurb was still having problems today. Took it in. They started blaming the network, saying according to VZW my phone was roaming even... See more...
I finally got a customer service rep to see this. My newest refurb was still having problems today. Took it in. They started blaming the network, saying according to VZW my phone was roaming even though I was in an area saturated heavily with coverage. So they "fixed" it on the network side.   Once again, not fixed. Went to another store this evening and got a woman who helped with my last refurb to see the issue. I have a Droid X on the way with a free extended battery and cover since the one they are sending will obviously not come with either.   So, bye bye beautiful Fascinate screen projecting an obviously flawed OS. Hello Droid X and Gingerbread! I hope that my issues are solved. I realize no phone is without issues... but as long as I get my texts and calls I will be satisfied.   Good luck to everyone on finding a solution, whether it is with a Fascinate or elsewhere....
I finally got a customer service rep to see this. My newest refurb was still having problems today. Took it in. They started blaming the network, saying according to VZW my phone was roaming even... See more...
I finally got a customer service rep to see this. My newest refurb was still having problems today. Took it in. They started blaming the network, saying according to VZW my phone was roaming even though I was in an area saturated heavily with coverage. So they "fixed" it on the network side.   Once again, not fixed. Went to another store this evening and got a woman who helped with my last refurb to see the issue. I have a Droid X on the way with a free extended battery and cover since the one they are sending will obviously not come with either.   So, bye bye beautiful Fascinate screen projecting an obviously flawed OS. Hello Droid X and Gingerbread! I hope that my issues are solved. I realize no phone is without issues... but as long as I get my texts and calls I will be satisfied.   Good luck to everyone on finding a solution, whether it is with a Fascinate or elsewhere....
These buttons turn these functions on/off. Mobile Data turns your 3G
SO I got my third CPO replacement yesterday as my Fascinate was still not receiving calls after ED04. This morning had it happen once again with the new phone. Took it to a VZW Store. The rep tri... See more...
SO I got my third CPO replacement yesterday as my Fascinate was still not receiving calls after ED04. This morning had it happen once again with the new phone. Took it to a VZW Store. The rep tried calling it three times. Only rang once of those three times. What do you think he suggested.... thats right.... a factory reset. This phone was less than 18 hours out of the box. Naturally after the reset is worked perfectly for five more calls. All fixed, right????? The magic factory reset cures all....   Three hours later the Market starts going a little crazy so I shut the phone down and do a battery pull. I go to turn it on. Won't turn on. When holding the power button the battery picture shows up that is the indicator when the phone is off but charging. Pull battery again. Same thing. Battery is probably at 50%. Definitely not dead. Take it to different VZW Store. They plug it in and it fires right up. She looks at it for a few minutes and hands it back to me. All set.   What??? Why don't we unplug it, turn it off, and see if it will fire up. Same thing. Won't turn on. "Oh..."   The only way to turn my current phone on is to have it plugged in like a jumpstart...   ANOTHER CPO on the way for Thursday. When is it too much??? I don't have three hours a day to spend at VZW. I pay $225 a month to them and I paid $200 for this phone 7 months ago. The rep assured me that if this next phone is a problem that I should come back to her and we will find some alternatives. Its almost so much that I am wondering what my ETF is currently.... or possibly if I can get a decent phone at a decent price on eBay....
I will also give the standard response since you dont specify. Do you have WiFi on or mobile data on? System updates will NOT show if you are WiFi. You MUST be on mobile data to update. I have ... See more...
I will also give the standard response since you dont specify. Do you have WiFi on or mobile data on? System updates will NOT show if you are WiFi. You MUST be on mobile data to update. I have also read on various fourms that there are some handsets that simply will not take the update OTA and those phones must be replaced. The only other option depends on how comfortable you are with technology. You can do an internet search to find topics about manually loading software to your phone. I'm not endorsing this by any means but there are ways..
Didnt break anything, didnt fix anything....
  Anybody else still having issues with phone not ringing, no missed call showing, but voicemail coming through? I did the ED04 update, did a hard reset, and did a *228 programming. However this... See more...
  Anybody else still having issues with phone not ringing, no missed call showing, but voicemail coming through? I did the ED04 update, did a hard reset, and did a *228 programming. However this morning had the issue again. VZW is sending (another) CPO replacement...
ED04 did NOT fix my missed call issue. Had another one happen this morning after the ED04 update/hard reset/*228  VZW is sending me my 3rd CPO replacment in a month...
Sadly the update did not fix my missed call issues. Had another one this morning. Im getting my 3rd CPO replacement in a month. Wooohooo.... (note sarcasm)
So I'm on my 2nd CPO in a month for a different issue. Ever since I got this phone it seems like the phone charges SO slowly. I know lots of people are having battery life issues as I am. Im luck... See more...
So I'm on my 2nd CPO in a month for a different issue. Ever since I got this phone it seems like the phone charges SO slowly. I know lots of people are having battery life issues as I am. Im lucky to get 5 hours out of a charge. But if I do not completely leave the phone alone while it is charging, it won't charge. At all.   For example I plugged my phone in around 3pm with around 15% battery left over. It has been plugged in since then. I've listened to some Pandora, done some texting, a little internet surfing, and a little Angry Birds. I've checked a couple times.... 10%, 5%. And just now the phone died and shut itself off. While plugged in. Does this seem right?   The only way it will charge is by being left alone for 8 hours and plugged in.   My frustration is mounting quickly.....
So I'm on my 2nd CPO in a month for a different issue. Ever since I got this phone it seems like the phone charges SO slowly. I know lots of people are having battery life issues as I am. Im luck... See more...
So I'm on my 2nd CPO in a month for a different issue. Ever since I got this phone it seems like the phone charges SO slowly. I know lots of people are having battery life issues as I am. Im lucky to get 5 hours out of a charge. But if I do not completely leave the phone alone while it is charging, it won't charge. At all.   For example I plugged my phone in around 3pm with around 15% battery left over. It has been plugged in since then. I've listened to some Pandora, done some texting, a little internet surfing, and a little Angry Birds. I've checked a couple times.... 10%, 5%. And just now the phone died and shut itself off. While plugged in. Does this seem right?   The only way it will charge is by being left alone for 8 hours and plugged in.   My frustration is mounting quickly.....
My frustration is mounting.... quickly. I am on my second CPO replacement in one week due to the phone locking up 15-20 times a day. Had the latest phone for about 8 hours now and no lock ups... ... See more...
My frustration is mounting.... quickly. I am on my second CPO replacement in one week due to the phone locking up 15-20 times a day. Had the latest phone for about 8 hours now and no lock ups... but the battery now does not seem to take a charge. I've had it plugged in for probably 6 hours of the 8 and had minimal usage in that time. I'm only now at 50% after starting around 30% at 11am. I know everyones first response will be a bad battery.... but I did not have this issue with any previous phones I've had in the last week. I'm going to see how it does overnight but I'm about ready to force them into giving me a different device...
The same SD card was in use however it has not been installed in the phone for the last 5 days. Yesterday the screen locked 15 times. The day before was 20 times. Another replacement is coming tod... See more...
The same SD card was in use however it has not been installed in the phone for the last 5 days. Yesterday the screen locked 15 times. The day before was 20 times. Another replacement is coming today.
I've been having similar issues. Every once in a while a key wont work and always hits the one next to it. Usually if I back out to the homescreen and go back in the messaging or whereever it wil... See more...
I've been having similar issues. Every once in a while a key wont work and always hits the one next to it. Usually if I back out to the homescreen and go back in the messaging or whereever it will work again. Put that on the glitch list that is really starting to make me regret this phone...
Definitely sounds like a problem if the magical "hard reset" didnt fix it! I have had to pull the battery 10 times today due to snow. Its so bad that I'm considering pulling out the old BB Storm u... See more...
Definitely sounds like a problem if the magical "hard reset" didnt fix it! I have had to pull the battery 10 times today due to snow. Its so bad that I'm considering pulling out the old BB Storm until the next replacement comes in...
You are correct! Without an SD card in since Saturday I have not gotten the "snow" 7 times. Interestingly the "snow" has now changed to a black screen with colorful lines going randomly accross t... See more...
You are correct! Without an SD card in since Saturday I have not gotten the "snow" 7 times. Interestingly the "snow" has now changed to a black screen with colorful lines going randomly accross the screen. Thats happened 4 times in a 2 hour period today.   Took the phone to Verizon with the screen doing it and there is another replacement phone on the way. Now they are trying to blame an app I am using. Who knows which one, but with the next replacement I am leaving all apps off for a few days to see what  happens.   Geting tired of this. Totally ruining an otherwise awesome phone for me. And of course I am 13 months from upgrade eligibility...