Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,633 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

customer738's Posts

This has happened to me as well. It's the most frustrating experience. I was promised $500 and got $30 because Verizon claims to have received a damaged phone. There was absolutely no damage when I s... See more...
This has happened to me as well. It's the most frustrating experience. I was promised $500 and got $30 because Verizon claims to have received a damaged phone. There was absolutely no damage when I sent the phone to Verizon. I've been tossed back and forth between Verizon and UPS and both parties are pretending like this never happened or the claim never existed, Verizon has been so difficult transferring me and putting me on hold saying "we're talking to UPS" but then transferring me to a voicemail at the very end. Each call is 2 hours and I've called around 5-6 times over the last 2 months, and I still only get $30 for this trade-in. I had ported my number to Verizon because of the promotion, now I don't get any benefits that the promotion promised and it wasn't my fault, I'm stuck with this service for 2 years and I'd much rather have my old phone than go through this.  
At the end of October, I had ported my number over to Verizon to take advantage of the $500 dollar trade-in promotion for my iPhone 7. I didn't really need an upgrade but I figured it was a good deal... See more...
At the end of October, I had ported my number over to Verizon to take advantage of the $500 dollar trade-in promotion for my iPhone 7. I didn't really need an upgrade but I figured it was a good deal at the time. A month later they finally credit my account but they tell me that the phone is only worth $30, I would have sold it for more or just kept it if and gotten more value out of that. I call back to understand why, and they say that the phone had a small crack on the corner when they received it. The phone had no cracks when I sent it to them. They tell me to call UPS and submit a claims report so I did. UPS tells me I'll hear about the status within the next three days, I call a week later because I hadn't heard anything and UPS says they cannot give me any information because I was not the one who received the package. They tell me to call Verizon. I call Verizon and the first 2 hour call resulted in a guy promising to call me back with information after talking to UPS, he never called. I call again and the next 2 hour call results in the lady talking to UPs, leaving me on hold for an hour then without warning, transferring me to UPS where I was then transferred to a closed department. It's clear that Verizon doesn't care about their customers or want to treat their customers fairly. Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT participate in the trade-in program. I have been on the phone with Verizon upwards of 5 hours calling at least 6 times within the last 2 months and I am still stuck with a $30 trade-in value for something that wasn't my fault.