Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 2,962 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

gabby3's Posts

How did you connect? Did you scan for networks or manually add? Did you need to get a password?   I had turned of the security on our home router and still could not connect.   But there is... See more...
How did you connect? Did you scan for networks or manually add? Did you need to get a password?   I had turned of the security on our home router and still could not connect.   But there is a very good chance that I was doing something wrong. An extremely good chance.
Wireless was sold to me as a great addition. My iPhone pals raved about it - CNET said it should be mandatory. The impression was that the phone would automatically connect to Wifi whenever it ... See more...
Wireless was sold to me as a great addition. My iPhone pals raved about it - CNET said it should be mandatory. The impression was that the phone would automatically connect to Wifi whenever it was available.   My very simple question was always "what about security?" Since 99% of wireless networks require a log in. This was never really answered.   Here is the answer - it is far from simple to use Wifi on the 9650 and it certainly isn't seamless.   Even connecting to my home network took quite a while. If you are anything like me, you set up your wireless router a year or two ago and completely forgot everything about it.   I am not a total technology idiot - but I found the directions for wireless to be confusing. I needed to go to my Belkin (router) website (an IP address/URL) and find the PKN - which was a phrase that I chose whenever the router was set up. Luckily there was an "obscure PKN" button that I unchecked and it showed the phrase. Typed that into the phone and connected.   So now I have access to my home wireless.   How this is supposed to work in airports, coffee shops, etc., I do not understand. It seems that even if the network is available, the phone will not connect on its own. You will need to prompt it.   The value of spending all this time to get faster internet on a handset escapes me.  
Good question. I have not seen any difference at all. Esp. at my house - where we have wireless and the VZ signal is spotty.   Is this something that needs to be activated? And does it work on... See more...
Good question. I have not seen any difference at all. Esp. at my house - where we have wireless and the VZ signal is spotty.   Is this something that needs to be activated? And does it work on encrypted networks? Which is 99% of them.
Have not had the whining issue.   No reboots - yet. 
Quick tip - Don't cut your fingernails. It makes it much harder to hit the correct key!
cool down call 800-922-0204 they will walk you through it no reason to go it alone
Hmm - the website detected flood mailing? Pretty strict around here.   It is a solid piece of equipment. The camera is a huge upgrade for me from the 8330. The autofocus box in the view finde... See more...
Hmm - the website detected flood mailing? Pretty strict around here.   It is a solid piece of equipment. The camera is a huge upgrade for me from the 8330. The autofocus box in the view finder is helpful. I will see how it does at things like lacrosse games.    The vibrate seems the same - but I haven't really relied on it yet.   But to me - the keyboard is the best feature. Solid rubbery feel. Angled out from the center to match the angle of your thumbs.   Somewhere there was a complaint about the raised edges of some of the buttons. To me that is a big help. It is much harder to slip off the intended key and mess it up.   Takes FOREVER to load the software on my PC. There - I came up with a complaint.   Not a toy. But it is new. Oh - and it has a sudoko game (yes I am a geek) which is probably 20 years old - but that is a useful way to kill time. At least the brain is firing.
Upgraded from a Curve - 8330.  So this might not be news to most of you - but this keyboard is PLUSH! Feels like a laptop - seems easier to type on and harder to make mistakes.
I just took it out of the box  so give me a week before I try to write something useful about it.   This is **bleep** - there is no way to tell  who you are responding to -
MadDog -   Every Verizon store I have ever been to is staffed by guys around 25 yrs old. They are APP crazy and use their phones as entertainment centers. Business users with our $125/month pla... See more...
MadDog -   Every Verizon store I have ever been to is staffed by guys around 25 yrs old. They are APP crazy and use their phones as entertainment centers. Business users with our $125/month plans get no love. I don't understand why. I have met a bunch of the Verizon Wireless execs - and they are looking for the same bullet proof solution as the rest of us.   Someone could capture a huge slice of our demographic if they just delivered what we want - a simple device with: 1. 100% reliable email. 2. 100% reliable voice calls 3. 100% reliable voice mail and alerts. 4.  A better browser - I read a lot of research on line during downtime. One window at a time is ridiculous.   Beyond that - some features would be nice - but not at the risk of messing with the above. GPS - helpful to have when traveling Some music - it probably does this - I have never used it for that. I have my son's hand me down iPod from 3 generations ago. Camera - it would be nice if the pictures (other than the perfect lighting) came out a little better. Games - I don't care - if I have something interesting, I would spend too much time playing with it.   Did I miss anything?
Re Incredible - I have read lots of complaints (on line) about bad reception - in places where a BBerry worked fine. Any truth? Also - can you see the screen in bright sunshine?  
I will let you know after my Bold 9650 arrives on Monday. The 8330 was the most reliable smartphone I have had. But it is getting old. I have been pulling the battery once a week for a couple m... See more...
I will let you know after my Bold 9650 arrives on Monday. The 8330 was the most reliable smartphone I have had. But it is getting old. I have been pulling the battery once a week for a couple months.'  
Thank you. Reinforced my take. Which is - it is a tool, not a toy.
Just ordered my new 9650. Makes me a little nervous to get something before it has been reviewed - but BBs are bullet proof and my Curve 8330 is getting touchy in its old age. It is not a thri... See more...
Just ordered my new 9650. Makes me a little nervous to get something before it has been reviewed - but BBs are bullet proof and my Curve 8330 is getting touchy in its old age. It is not a thrilling purchase - that was when I ordered the Droid back in December. And returned it a week later. At least I won't have to replace trackballs every month. Maybe my Brickbreaker score will improve. You know you're bored when you find yourself playing that game. But I never loaded any others. Too adult ADD to risk it. Can anyone help out? I know nothing really about this handset. ☼ Think the 9650 browser will be any better than the Curve? ☼ Any idea when the new OS is going to be available? ☼ Will the camera be noticably better? ☼ Oh - wifi. Just noticed. So that will work at home - but since almost all networks are encrypted, why is this such a big deal to all my iPhone friends? Just trying to find some reason to get excited about another boring BlackBerry (to quote my 15 year old). Other than reliable email, texts (boring work stuff) and a "one page at a time" browser (that does drive me crazy). This is like getting a sweater for Christmas from Santa. A working stiff