Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,811 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Davidoo's Posts

You are completely incorrect Marshall.  Verizon's own Pixel 6 Pro website says you have released the September security update on 9/12, yet NO ONE with a 6 Pro has this update.  Security updates are ... See more...
You are completely incorrect Marshall.  Verizon's own Pixel 6 Pro website says you have released the September security update on 9/12, yet NO ONE with a 6 Pro has this update.  Security updates are very important.  All other Pixels have received this update EXCEPT for the 6 even though your website says it was released over a week ago.   Verizon is holding back this update.  Please find out what is going on and don't respond with another canned answer.  I'm tired of VZW delaying Pixel updates and share the frustration with other posters on this thread.  
Rodney, I really don't understand how those questions have a thing to do with this.  I have demonstrated through links to other sites and news on Android related sites that this is a problem for oth... See more...
Rodney, I really don't understand how those questions have a thing to do with this.  I have demonstrated through links to other sites and news on Android related sites that this is a problem for others in all areas.  Yes, of course I have the problem indoors and outdoors.  Unless you have suddenly changed the transmitters and frequencies, I don't know why that is relevant.  Please read the thread on Google Community Forums that completely explains the issues people are having.   This Android 10 update caused many people (I suspect everyone, but most don't pay that close attention) to have a signal much lower than they had before the update.  Because of this, in areas where the signal was weak to begin with, there is now no signal, so no data, streaming or browsing in placed where I could before.  I haven't had dropped calls like many others report though.  
I'm providing an update regarding this issue as I know some are interested in the discussion and it is a real problem.  There are now similar discussions about this issue on many other sites, such as... See more...
I'm providing an update regarding this issue as I know some are interested in the discussion and it is a real problem.  There are now similar discussions about this issue on many other sites, such as Android Central, Reddit, XDA Developers and others.  In addition, the original thread on the Google Pixel Community Forums has continued to grow with people reporting this issue with other carriers and around the world in areas such as Qatar (link to the thread below if you're interested).  At this point, with so many with other carriers and in other countries having the problem, it does not appear this is a Verizon only issue.  That being said, the vast majority of Pixels are running on VZW, so this thread has a proper place here.  People are reporting as well that they have gone back to Android 9 (Pie) and their full signal is back.  Also, a factory reset does nothing.  Don't waste your time with it.  We all know the customer service reps will tell you to try this because they don't have a clue what we are talking about most of the time.  I did receive a private message about this asking me to give my phone number and someone would call me.  I had to respond 3 times with my phone number, but eventually someone called.  Of course, that was the only time during the day I was in a meeting and couldn't answer the call.  They didn't provide a number to call back, just the regular customer service number which I found useless.  I did call and spoke to a customer service rep.  It is clear when talking to them that I know more about how these devices work than they do.  The rep was asking me inane questions like "was I roaming" or "why don't you just switch to wifi all the time if you have a bad LTE signal."  Really, that is supposed to make me feel better?  Again, the only point of this is to advise the other people who have posted on here that if you can't stream or get data where you used to before the update to 10, and you are dropping calls when you never did before 10, or have no signal at all where you did before 10 that there are many others with the same problem, and Google is seeing this on their forum.  We are due for the monthly security update for October any day now, and maybe something will get fixed.  I use my phone for work, and am now missing email notifications because my LTE drops to zero bars in places where I never had an issue before.   https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/13566467?hl=en    
Ann154, not sure of the purpose of you responding here, other than to continue to build your number of posts and status on the forums.  There is a legitimate issue.  If there are 350+ people reportin... See more...
Ann154, not sure of the purpose of you responding here, other than to continue to build your number of posts and status on the forums.  There is a legitimate issue.  If there are 350+ people reporting it on a Google forum, you can bet there are probably thousands more as actually only a small percentage will take the time to go to the forum and make a post.  Take a look at this thread and explain to us how your condescending post helped at all.
Here is a link with 144 responses and 332 "Upvotes" for people who are having the "Weak signal on all type of Pixels" after Android 10 update.    https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/135664... See more...
Here is a link with 144 responses and 332 "Upvotes" for people who are having the "Weak signal on all type of Pixels" after Android 10 update.    https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/13566467?hl=en
I've had the update since it was released in early September.  Only one problem that I will outline below.  Otherwise, I wouldn't pay attention to all the other noise about the update.  I don't have ... See more...
I've had the update since it was released in early September.  Only one problem that I will outline below.  Otherwise, I wouldn't pay attention to all the other noise about the update.  I don't have any of those issues and love the update.  There are millions of these Pixel 1, 2 and 3 out there and a very few devices will always have problems.  Now, here's my issue.  There are a number of threads on Android Central and the Google Pixel Community Forums about the "weak signal after the update."  I didn't notice it at first, because I updated at work and there is a tower within 100 yards of my window, so I always get 5 bars there.  However, when going to weaker signal areas I notice a huge difference after the update.  In places I got 2 to 3 bars before, such as my home, I now get zero (yes zero) or 1 bar.  I used to be able to stream anything at home, now very rarely can do this.  As I mentioned, there are hundreds of people just on the Google Pixel Community Forums stating the same thing.  I believe Google is at fault here as it is something in their update.  Verizon doesn't interfere with the updates on the Pixel.  The Google Pixel updates come at the same time each month like clockwork.  It is possible there is something that got changed in the interface between the phone and the towers.  I would appreciate anyone from Verizon answering here or reaching out to me as I could give them the tower IDs of the ones that suddenly turned to garbage after the update.  I have the Signal Check Pro app that gives me this information.  Possibly my phone needs to be "reprovisioned" or something after this update.   
I'm not having any other trouble with my device at all. Ever since Verizon sent an update about 2 months ago, this has been happening. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no change. ... See more...
I'm not having any other trouble with my device at all. Ever since Verizon sent an update about 2 months ago, this has been happening. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no change. If you look at your app comments on the Play Store you can see several others with the same issue. For whatever reason, it seems most people with the problem have the Google Pixel or Pixel XL. It may also be because these Google devices have the latest software and updates and for some reason the app feels like it has to reset everything when the phone is restarted. The app works fine and I have always liked it. As long as you don't restart your phone there is no problem. Just an issue that needs to be fixed.
Ever since an update a couple of months ago, the Verizon Messaging app acts like it has to be reinstalled every time I restart my phone.  I turn off my Pixel XL every night to charge it.  Each da... See more...
Ever since an update a couple of months ago, the Verizon Messaging app acts like it has to be reinstalled every time I restart my phone.  I turn off my Pixel XL every night to charge it.  Each day when I turn it back on and open the Verizon Messaging app, it flashed a quick note that "MDN changed, restarting app.".  Then after a minute or so, it pops up the initial setup screen that asks if I want to set up a profile.  I say No, then the app works.  This should not be happening every time I turn my phone off.  If you look at the app in the Play Store, there are comments from other users about this problem over the last 2 months, yet no fix.  Please look into this Verizon.
Still disagree.  Of course for major system updates such as rolling out a new version of the OS such as Nougat, they do soak tests and roll out in stages.  Not for the monthly security updates.  ... See more...
Still disagree.  Of course for major system updates such as rolling out a new version of the OS such as Nougat, they do soak tests and roll out in stages.  Not for the monthly security updates.  They are available to everyone at once.  Until this last one, whenever Google said the monthly security update was released you could manually pull it down on your device at that time.  The reason this one was delayed 3 days or so for Verizon users is that they did add something other Pixel users didn't get.  This is from Android Authority and outlines the additional items for Verizon users.... "The support pages for Verizon’s Pixel and Pixel XL both show the same change log. It reveals the update includes a new feature for people to back up and restore first-party Google apps such as Calendar, Drive and Messenger. The update also includes some improvements in voice call performance, the latest Android security patches, and improvements for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi performance and connectivity." To say that the monthly security updates roll out in stages and it could take several weeks for them to reach your device is simply being misinformed, and what we now call an alt-fact.  The monthly updates always come out during the first few days of the month.  If it took weeks to get them, there is the possibility you would get the next month's prior to getting the month before.  Just doesn't make sense.
The update is available now.  I didn't notice any new apps or bloat.  Still odd that this one is the only one since October that we couldn't get on Verizon on day one.
I understand you are not worried about it, but this is not the way it is supposed to work with Google/Nexus devices.  We are supposed to get the updates at the same time, like immediately, not da... See more...
I understand you are not worried about it, but this is not the way it is supposed to work with Google/Nexus devices.  We are supposed to get the updates at the same time, like immediately, not days or weeks later.  That is how it has worked every month till now. Google announced the update, then I go to settings and manually pull it and update. Every prior month.  It is encouraging that Verizon has updated their website, but the update still doesn't work even though the website says you can manually get it through your settings. It is now 3 days late, probably because they are adding some bloat or tracking apps.
This is NOT true for the Pixel Ann154.  ALL other updates since the Pixel was released last year have come to all users, including Verizon at the same time.  This was PROMISED by Verizon that the... See more...
This is NOT true for the Pixel Ann154.  ALL other updates since the Pixel was released last year have come to all users, including Verizon at the same time.  This was PROMISED by Verizon that they would not sit on updates and we would all get them at the same time.  Every month like clockwork we all got the updates simultaneously, until now.  Come on Verizon, live up to your promises on the Pixel and release the updates at the same time as everyone else.  People who bought the Pixel from you, but now using it on other carriers got the update.  I have a bad feeling Verizon is trying to add bloat or the dreaded spyware app which is causing the delay.
The update failed in testing because people with encrypted phones had their phones bricked.  It has been pulled.  There are some indications that a second soak test is occurring, so there may be ... See more...
The update failed in testing because people with encrypted phones had their phones bricked.  It has been pulled.  There are some indications that a second soak test is occurring, so there may be hope that the update will eventually come our way.  Search for the droid turbo forum on XDA developers and you can get more info.  Of course, VZW doesn't update their site to let us know the update isn't coming right now.
Sorry, but the update has been pulled as the soak test failed.  I posted more details in another thread in this forum.  Not saying it won't eventually come, but for right now, it is not available... See more...
Sorry, but the update has been pulled as the soak test failed.  I posted more details in another thread in this forum.  Not saying it won't eventually come, but for right now, it is not available.  I don't care what Verizon's website says. 
Not really.  They started the soak test, but many phones were "bricked" and they have pulled the update.  Of course Verizon's website doesn't say anything about that.  You can go to XDA forums fo... See more...
Not really.  They started the soak test, but many phones were "bricked" and they have pulled the update.  Of course Verizon's website doesn't say anything about that.  You can go to XDA forums for the Droid Turbo and see that the update has been pulled.  What happened is they didn't code the update correctly, and anyone who had encrypted their phone in the security settings had their phones bricked. 
I have the same issue.  Ordered on 10/20 to ship on 11/18.  Didn't happen.  Shipping date changed to 12/26.  Now shipping date is 1/13.  Unacceptable.  I wanted to buy to have the latest greatest... See more...
I have the same issue.  Ordered on 10/20 to ship on 11/18.  Didn't happen.  Shipping date changed to 12/26.  Now shipping date is 1/13.  Unacceptable.  I wanted to buy to have the latest greatest newest device.  In the technology world, 3 months is a long time.  What was the point of pre-ordering.  Also, people are ordering the 128GB XL from the Google Store now and getting it in a matter of days.  Verizon, tell us now when we are really going to get these or quit advertising them if you don't have them.  Heck, the S8 will most likely be out in March, so I'll just wait for that now.  You are losing a lot of money to Google and are getting screwed by them as you are doing the advertising and they are selling them and not giving any to you.
Not true.  Verizon stores do not have the 128 XL in stock anywhere.  They are at this point, order online only.
crspyguy, I share your pain.  Although some on here want to make excuses and make light of the problem, you are correct that the Turbo has been one neglected device.  I have learned two lessons f... See more...
crspyguy, I share your pain.  Although some on here want to make excuses and make light of the problem, you are correct that the Turbo has been one neglected device.  I have learned two lessons from the update fiasco with the Turbo.  One is to never buy a carrier exclusive devices.  If it is VZWs fault this is not updated it is because there just isn't enough of them out there for them to care.  Two, never buy another Moto device.  Their updates suck now.  Lots of posts on Android news sites of their neglect in even giving us needed security updates, not to mention OS updates for a flagship device.  Talk with your wallet. 
I understand your logic, VAPatriot.  On the other hand though, pretty sad that Verizon's own branded phone, The Droid, that is supposed to be their top of the line exclusive, is the slowest of an... See more...
I understand your logic, VAPatriot.  On the other hand though, pretty sad that Verizon's own branded phone, The Droid, that is supposed to be their top of the line exclusive, is the slowest of any to get updates.  Remember the slogan "Droid Does?"  It should be changed to "Droid Doesn't."  Just speaking for myself, I paid more for the Droid than I had to for a similar device because I thought their flagship phone would get all the attention and updates, while the opposite has been true.  I still think the Turbo is the best device I've ever had, just would have been better if it got some attention.  And it is not just Marshmallow it is missing.  Security updates from Google for things like all the Stagefright vulnerabilities have not been sent to the Turbo.  Sad!
I use Nova Launcher and it has an option to get rid of the banner.