Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,803 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

tloewenberg's Posts

In the Android 7.1 contacts where more than one phone number exists, how do I change the default number from the one selected?
I spoke to a Verizon Wireless corporate representative this morning.  Satisfactory resolution not withstanding, the clear takeaway regarding corporate or sponsored discounts is that a Verizon Wir... See more...
I spoke to a Verizon Wireless corporate representative this morning.  Satisfactory resolution not withstanding, the clear takeaway regarding corporate or sponsored discounts is that a Verizon Wireless customer service or sales person cannot with certainty tell how the discount 'will' be applied.  Only the sponsoring entity can do that.  After the discount is in effect can a Verizon representative tell you how the discount was applied.  I think 90% of people's issues would be minimized if the sales entity would just state that. At that point, the customer could make a fully informed decision rather than an assumed one.
Elector, I agree with your answer and suspected it myself.  The last customer service rep that I spoke actually sent a memo to the business/billing side of Verizon Wireless.  Within hours I recei... See more...
Elector, I agree with your answer and suspected it myself.  The last customer service rep that I spoke actually sent a memo to the business/billing side of Verizon Wireless.  Within hours I received a terse two line answer from billing explaining how my discount would have been applied.  I replied to that email with a similar posting as the beginning of this thread but will be quite surprised if I hear back.  I asked the customer service rep who sent the memo if there was a number or if I could be transferred to the billing group to personally discuss the issue.  She said the interoffice memo was the preferred method and left it at that.  I didn't push the issue.  I have probably spent more time communicating this issue that the actual monetary value, but it's one of those 'principle of the thing' issues.  Heck, the actual Veteran's discount is not a deal maker/breaker, by any means!  As previously mentioned, to keep the pot stirring I have filed a complaint with the BBB.  I'll give it a couple days then my intention is put together a composite letter and fire it off to the Verizon CEO.  I'm more annoyed than anything else, but I know with certainty there are some people that have really taken a hit.
As I hear others, they seem to fall into two, maybe three groups. (1) the buyer beware group, (2) the it's your own fault for not properly following up with more questions group, and the (3) toug... See more...
As I hear others, they seem to fall into two, maybe three groups. (1) the buyer beware group, (2) the it's your own fault for not properly following up with more questions group, and the (3) tough 'you know what' group.  I'm more and more convinced that the personnel chartered with providing customer support are compartmentalized into their individual area of expertise and don't have a grasp of the information necessary to address anything outside their area, but they try.  And that's what results in an upset customer.  As nice as the customer service reps are, if they receive a question that they aren't really sure of, they should be referring people to those who are the experts.  By the time you see the terms and conditions, it's too late because in many cases you can't go back.  Say what you will, loyal Verizon Wireless customers, the bottom line is people are being misinformed and the onus is on Verizon not the customer to correct it.  Unless, of course, Verizon Wireless in a position where they truly aren't concerned because they know we're likely not to drop them as long as they provide the best available service.
On second thought, pherson, you make a good point.  Communicating with a company should be viewed like talking to your doctor.  Hit the bottom, then get the details.  And not stopping when you ge... See more...
On second thought, pherson, you make a good point.  Communicating with a company should be viewed like talking to your doctor.  Hit the bottom, then get the details.  And not stopping when you get the answer you want to hear. 
khouma23, thanks for pulling that statement from the customer agreement.  As far as I'm concerned, that validates my issue.  I infer from those two sentences that Verizon Wireless acknowledges th... See more...
khouma23, thanks for pulling that statement from the customer agreement.  As far as I'm concerned, that validates my issue.  I infer from those two sentences that Verizon Wireless acknowledges that their employees and/or agents for them don't speak for the company. 
Perhaps that is the case, however, the point is that 100% of the reps spoken to said in both cases stated that the bill would not change or that the discount would be applied in the same fashion ... See more...
Perhaps that is the case, however, the point is that 100% of the reps spoken to said in both cases stated that the bill would not change or that the discount would be applied in the same fashion as the previous.  That implies to me that every person I spoke to was either too lazy to research the account or was unaware of the Verizon Wireless billing policy regarding data plans and/or individual line fees. If the reps had simply taken the time to state the correct billing policy, I could have made a decision based on fact.  I have also filed a complaint, justified in my opinion, with the BBB siting the fact that I did not receive the rate verbally provided by numerous representatives or licenses dealers for Verizon Wireless.  Therefore, Verizon Wireless representatives misrepresented the plan billing structure.
Approximately 7 months ago, I decided to upgrade our mobile phones.  I had been receiving a corporate discount of 20%, which was applied to the combined minutes, and to my principle phone monthly... See more...
Approximately 7 months ago, I decided to upgrade our mobile phones.  I had been receiving a corporate discount of 20%, which was applied to the combined minutes, and to my principle phone monthly line fee, and unlimited data plan.  Upgrading the phones would require that I lose the unlimited data plan since I was purchasing subsidized phones.  Prior to the upgrade, I spoke to Verizon customer sales twice.  I stopped at two Verizon company stores and an independent store authorized to sell Verizon wireless.  During each of those conversations, I asked, "what will be the effect of my monthly bill?"  100% of those people asked said, "nothing, your bill will stay the same; the only difference is that you will be limited to 2gb data per line."  When I received my first bill, it was clear that the discount was not applied to the data plan.  I immediately called Verizon customer service and was told that discounts do not apply to limited data plans.  To Verizon's credit, I received a one year rebate equivalent to the difference.  However, regardless, I was repeatedly told there would be no difference and now, of course, my monthly bill since and in the future will not reflect the prior billing.  A few weeks ago, I received an email stating that it was time to revalidate my corporate discount.  I called Verizon and stated that I was told by the original sales agent that my discount was also applicable to retired employees.  The Verizon representative informed me that I had been misinformed and that the discount would expire with the current billing period.  However, since I am a military veteran, there is a discount available to me of 15% rather than the previous 20%.  My next question was naturally, "what's the bottom line effect of my monthly bill?" He stated that the discount would be applied exactly like my current discount except that it would be 15% versus 20%.  A few days later, prior to submitting my validation proof for the military discount, I called Verizon to verify that I was submitted the proof correctly.  Once again, the representative stated that the discount would be applied similarly to my current.  Only the percentage changed.  Yesterday, I received an approval email from Verizon, which in more detail showed how the discount would be applied.  Once again, I was not given correct information.  The discount is applied to the combined talk minutes only, which is different than the previous discount.  We're only talking less that $2 a month, but the entire experience from the first sales person to when we upgraded phones to when I submitted for the revised discount, there is a pattern of deception whether intentional or not, laziness or misinformed.  The fact is that in every example, people who should have been able to correctly tell me the impact of my bill relative to the action I was taking were wrong in 100% of the cases!  As far as I'm concerned, Verizon Wireless has violated the terms of their agreement, but obviously good luck with that.  Bottom line, when it comes to cost of service, a Verizon Wireless customer representative should be able to provide accurate information that you can use.  They did not. 
My wife and I have identical GS4s.  We both have google accounts, Her default email is a Microsoft @live account. Mine is a Microsoft @msn email account..  Both are configured as POP3 and are set... See more...
My wife and I have identical GS4s.  We both have google accounts, Her default email is a Microsoft @live account. Mine is a Microsoft @msn email account..  Both are configured as POP3 and are set up identically on all screens. Both work fine (receive and send) when on wifi.  However, when go off wifi and use the network, I can send and receive without any problems but she cannot send.  She gets an authentication error message.  I've removed the account and then added it but still have the issue.  The only difference between the two is "live" vs "msn."  The Verizon store couldn't offer any suggestions.  They were actually surprised that the email could be configured as POP3.  I have not tried the default setup because I don't want to sync accounts.  We use the S4 email for quick looks then delete (without deleting from the server).  POP3 allows this, whereas all other modes are active sync.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. TL