Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,535 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

lookinforanswer's Posts

Unfortunately, if it doesn't power on there is no way to update it.  There's the option to install while connected to the computer via USB but it has to be recognized first.
Nice. Thanks.
The fact remains that they are not implementing Network Optimization per se.  Contract or not is irrelevant they do and are throttling.  All I'm saying is making sure there is sufficient serv... See more...
The fact remains that they are not implementing Network Optimization per se.  Contract or not is irrelevant they do and are throttling.  All I'm saying is making sure there is sufficient service for all is Network Optimization from my understanding not that a certain group has to give up theirs to serve others which seems like discrimination to me.  As John stated the paragraph is not directed to any single or grouped use types they consider "harmful".  If "harmful" consists of checking email and normal surfing while staying within a limited data allowance with the account, (not unlimited) then there may be some upset users out there all in the name of Network Optimization. In my opinion, "harmful" would constitute a. hosting an email server for public users, managing a public WIFI connection things like that.  If they limit the throughput of the data of users on an average for those in heavy use areas that would be understandable, hence Network Optimization.  If there is tower overload then it's understandable and wouldn't impact users as dramatically since it would be a shared responsibility for having access to a shared service.  Kind of like telephone party lines back in the day. (Is that showing my age?). If you have one user that is simply being a data hog then so be it punish them and that would be understandable. Maybe they should poll their coverage areas for interested parties to allow the erection of towers for them or something so they can provide the data to those that desire and also those that require the service.  There are hundreds of thousands of users out there that don't have the option of landline service and though this service was not intended for primary use, there are some out there who have no other choice besides dialup, yet in the current situation may be a better choice should they be punished with .25M download speeds.   Even if they squash the whole unlimited data thing, if that's the problem and impose limits based on averaging the past usage that would be acceptable and not make it seem as if they were out to bump certain groups of users.  Though I don't know if unlimited is the problem as there are users that don't have that luxury suffering from the same thing. It also doesn't make sense to constantly be working on and implementing faster speeds when they won't allow the use of that data. I shall step down from my soap box and turn the floor back over.
+1 on the speeds.  That is not slow however the advertised speeds are 4-12M considering 3G is 1.2M.
Is your service on a personal account?  That most likely makes the difference. Also, if you are on a 4G connection, that's still slow, though much faster than our users.
John, I am sorry, but they are throttling. The disclosure is crap. Especially, the devices that support AWS it seems.  Optimizing data isn't trickling data in 24 hrs a day so that it's unusab... See more...
John, I am sorry, but they are throttling. The disclosure is crap. Especially, the devices that support AWS it seems.  Optimizing data isn't trickling data in 24 hrs a day so that it's unusable highest yet .21M↓ and not throughput speeds.  Download as you know is burstable.  The truth here is that users that consume over 5GB of data are throttled and they call it RTR-Network Optimization.
Wouldn't just instruct the user on how to change their password end this disagreement and long drawn out detail on default passwords?  Geez guys come on.
Also, the diagnostics-field test does reference whether it is a RSSI (3G) or a RSRP (LTE) signal type.  RSSILTE rsrp=-92 dBm, sinr=7 dB. Here is something in addition to John Getze's explanati... See more...
Also, the diagnostics-field test does reference whether it is a RSSI (3G) or a RSRP (LTE) signal type.  RSSILTE rsrp=-92 dBm, sinr=7 dB. Here is something in addition to John Getze's explanation from the VZW site which I do not agree with the LTE signal reference as it's actually RSRP instead which means you should show a signal of -112dbm being equivalent to -92dbm as the difference in RSSI and RSRP is about 20dbm. Signal - LTE: The LTE should be greater than -58 dBm (e.g. -32 dBm). A value of -96 dBm indicates no signal. If the signal is between -82 dBm and -96 dBm, move the device to an alternate location (an outdoor location is preferable). SINR - LTE: The SINR LTE should be greater than 12.5. The connection may drop to a 3G network with an SINR value of -6, resulting in slow speeds. The MHS291 shows mine as: 4G LTE Network Network Operator  Verizon Wireless RSRP  -102 dBm SNR     66 dB The signal is with 3 of the 5 bars available, speed test with a 32ms ping, 13.32 ↓ and 7.87 ↑ so I suppose it would be for you to decide about the signal strength. 4G LTE Network Status Connected Network Operator Verizon RSSI   -92 dBm SINR   8 dB The above is the 4620 and shows 4 out of 5 bars with 55% at that signal strength.  Speedtest shows 59ms ping, 15.55 ↓ and 5.65↑ so at this point who really knows how they reference the signal.
I have been informed that there are steps for this that require it to be tethered to the computer.  The procedure was sent from a VZW tech but once the instructions were followed and it didn't wo... See more...
I have been informed that there are steps for this that require it to be tethered to the computer.  The procedure was sent from a VZW tech but once the instructions were followed and it didn't work, another tech could not confirm the pecking order of the procedure but it may be worth a shot to try.  I will post what we were told to do. Plug the jetpack into the computer Remove the battery Press and hold the power button until the screen displays "Software update complete". Now it hasn't worked thus far for us but there may be a change in the sequence is needed such as remove battery and plug in or hold down the button for longer than we have or maybe make sure it's powered down first I am not sure. Also, Novatel has sent this as a way to manually update the device and I will post the instructions. Maybe one of these will help.  Requirements: Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7. Mac OS X 10.5+ List of Equipment: USB cable A host system that has a USB port and supports one of the above listed operating systems, and on which the user has the privileges to download and run executable files. Hosting website: DUU: http://production.4620.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4620LWin_updt.zip Drivers: http://production.4620.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4620LWin.zip Pre-requisites: The upgrade package can only be run on Windows (XP/Vista/7) or Mac OS X 10.5+ based PC or Laptop. PC or Laptop running other OS cannot be used to run the upgrade utility. Additionally, Tablet devices based on Android, iOS or similar cannot be used to run the upgrade utility. The user needs a USB cable to connect the MiFi device to the host computer system. The host computer system on which the user is downloading the software update package needs to have a USB port. This typically would mean a PC or a laptop. The user should have administrator privileges on the host system so that they can download and run executable files. Instructions for Windows Connect the host computer or laptop to the internet (using the MiFi or any alternate means)    2. Click on the following links to download the DUU and the Driver Installer and save them on the host computer Drivers : http://production.4620.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4620LWin.zip DUU: http://production.4620.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4620LWin_updt.zip   3. .Navigate to the downloaded Driver Installer, and double-click to execute it.   4. Click Next initiate the driver installation   5. Select the I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button, and click Next.          6.Click Install   7. This will install the driver on the host computer.      8.Click Finish to complete the installation.      9. Navigate to the downloaded Device Update Utility, extract and run the DUU application.    10.Connect the MiFi4620L/LE device to the computer using the USB cable. The USB connector of the USB cable plugs into the host system’s USB port and the micro USB connector of the USB cable plugs into the micro USB port on the MiFi4620L/LE device. 11.Navigate to the downloaded Device Update Utility, extract and run the DUU application. 12.The following messages will appear. Please read and then click OK.     13.This initiates the Device Upgrade Utility. Click Next to proceed 14.Read the License Agreement, select the I agree radio button, and click Next. 15.This initiates the Software upgrade on the device. Wait for the upgrade to complete     16. Once the Software upgrade is complete click on Finish to exit the DUU   17. Unplug the MiFi device from the USB cable for normal operation  
The devices may become confused if you don't change the network name as well.
To do so, you will need to "Forget the Network" from the settings then WIFI.  This will allow you to start over.
Follow me for a better solution.
The 4620 and 291 both have the capability for text.  Press the power button just for a second to light the screen on the 4620.  Press the check mark button then arrow over until you see the envel... See more...
The 4620 and 291 both have the capability for text.  Press the power button just for a second to light the screen on the 4620.  Press the check mark button then arrow over until you see the envelope.  You will need your mobile number assigned for the sender.  You may find that by arrowing over the info menu and pressing the check mark button.
If you have VZAM in a Win7 version or fairly new you could run Program Compatibility on the setup file or on the installed program and get it to work so that you may have a chance to download the... See more...
If you have VZAM in a Win7 version or fairly new you could run Program Compatibility on the setup file or on the installed program and get it to work so that you may have a chance to download the Win 8 version.
However, all users need to make sure to allow it to finish completely DO NOT interrupt it and don't delay it just go ahead and let it go.  Otherwise, you will have problems.
Try removing the SIM/battery and starting without the SIM, then when powered up, remove battery place SIM back in and power up and/or remove SIM for 30 minutes then replace and power up.  It's wo... See more...
Try removing the SIM/battery and starting without the SIM, then when powered up, remove battery place SIM back in and power up and/or remove SIM for 30 minutes then replace and power up.  It's worth a shot.
I know this is an old post but for future researchers, these are the commands to reset the USB devices used with VZAM.  These are to used with great care as you could mess up your device if enter... See more...
I know this is an old post but for future researchers, these are the commands to reset the USB devices used with VZAM.  These are to used with great care as you could mess up your device if entered incorrectly. When you open it again it will rebuild the proper files and should resolve this concern.   *Note: The commands must be typed precisely as shown or it can render the device unusable if customer gets it wrong have the exit the window and try again. 1.  Open VZ Access Manager 2.  Hold down the Control button and type T (this should open the DOS prompt box) 3.  Type ATZ and then click the Enter key (it should then respond OK) 4.  Type AT$QCMIPP=0 (the last character is a zero) and then press the Enter key (it should then respond OK) 5. Type AT$QCMIPEP=1 and then press the Enter key (it should then respond OK) 6. Type AT$QCMIPGETP and then press the Enter key (device information will be displayed) 7. Close VZ Access Manager When you open it again it will rebuild the proper files and should resolve this concern.
You cannot change the NAT, the hotspot's 4G is a double NAT system anyway and it's not routeable. You will have to have a static IP assigned.  There are other ways around it but have to keep ... See more...
You cannot change the NAT, the hotspot's 4G is a double NAT system anyway and it's not routeable. You will have to have a static IP assigned.  There are other ways around it but have to keep in mind that not all applications will function with the dynamic IP.
If the original device is recognized by the VZAccess Manager you can reset it with specific AT Commands.  It may or may not work, but if you want to give it a shot let me know and I'll give you t... See more...
If the original device is recognized by the VZAccess Manager you can reset it with specific AT Commands.  It may or may not work, but if you want to give it a shot let me know and I'll give you the instructions. As long as it's configured for VZW it should work.