Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
So I had WiFi calling on all this time, but had turned off HD calling.  Not sure if WiFi was actually working.  The phone had not grayed out that option.  It was clearly connecting to and using t... Ver más...
So I had WiFi calling on all this time, but had turned off HD calling.  Not sure if WiFi was actually working.  The phone had not grayed out that option.  It was clearly connecting to and using the network extender with the HD calling option off, and WiFi option on. I have turned HD calling back on, and the phone is saying it is connected to the extender when it cannot detect the very poor 4G LTE signal, but as soon as the phone detects the 4G signal, it drops the extender and, I guess, grabs the 4G.  Until that signal (the 4G) drops, then it goes back to the extender.  I have yet to have an extended phone call in that situation, but will update this thread.  I will leave the HD calling option on, and the WiFi calling option on, and see what the performance with a call, or several calls, is like.
So the answer is, if I turn on WiFi calling, my phone will use that.  Again, my scenario is this...I have just enough of a signal to make a call, connect, and then usually drop.  In this scenario... Ver más...
So the answer is, if I turn on WiFi calling, my phone will use that.  Again, my scenario is this...I have just enough of a signal to make a call, connect, and then usually drop.  In this scenario, setting my phone to use WiFi is the better option than turning off advanced calling, and using my network extender.  I will do as you suggest and turn on WiFi and find out for myself.
Is there any way to get my new S7 to work with my network extender without turning off Advanced Calling?  Or is it unnecessary, since now Advanced Calling will use my WiFi.  My house gets 1 bar o... Ver más...
Is there any way to get my new S7 to work with my network extender without turning off Advanced Calling?  Or is it unnecessary, since now Advanced Calling will use my WiFi.  My house gets 1 bar on a good day, just enough to establish a call, then it drops.  With the network extender, as recommended by Verizon, no issues.  But if my new S7 can't connect to the network extender, will it switch to WiFi via Advanced calling rather than drop, or am I going to have to turn off advanced calling at my home, and try and remember to turn it on when I need it??  Not cool thus far
To each his/her own, I guess
Neither of those settings options are available on the S5 under settings.  Not sure where else to look
Really?  Turn off WiFi anytime I want to send a photo?  Ridiculous!!!  Not how using a smartphone is intended.  This is akin to turning off your car radio if you want to use the windshield wipers... Ver más...
Really?  Turn off WiFi anytime I want to send a photo?  Ridiculous!!!  Not how using a smartphone is intended.  This is akin to turning off your car radio if you want to use the windshield wipers.
Should have noted that I did turn off WiFi, even rebooted the phone with WiFi off, no send  . I understand that MMS uses 4G/3G network even if WiFi connected.
Generally sendimg photos taken by camera of phone.  Maybe, just maybe, sends better when not at home, which means not on WiFi?  However, again, with my HTC phone sends just fine from home, anywhe... Ver más...
Generally sendimg photos taken by camera of phone.  Maybe, just maybe, sends better when not at home, which means not on WiFi?  However, again, with my HTC phone sends just fine from home, anywhere in house.
No problem with regular texts.  No specific error messages, just says message failed to send.
Both my wife and daughter have S5's, and neither sends photos with any reliability.  About 10-15% of the time it works, the rest fail.  I've looked for solutions online and nothing...lots of comp... Ver más...
Both my wife and daughter have S5's, and neither sends photos with any reliability.  About 10-15% of the time it works, the rest fail.  I've looked for solutions online and nothing...lots of complaints!!  One suggestion was to check the Access Point Names settings.  I did this, and found them to be substantially different than the settings on my HTC One M8, which never has a problem.  However, I am locked out from making changes (again, as opposed to the HTC One M8, which appears to let me make changes, haven't tried, since it's working fine). So my teenage daughter is going nuts not being able to send photos via MMS.  I think it is receiving them without problem, but the sending is awful.  This is a basic function of the smart phone, and if not fixed, I would think would be grounds to get a no add'l cost replacement with say, the HTC like I have that seems to be working fine.  Of note, they are both using the stock Verizon Messages+ app, not some third party app.  I even tried downloading the third party app I prefer, but still did not work. It is stuff like this that makes me wonder why I pay Verizon ~$300 per month for our family's service (though this issue seems to be affecting all carriers with the S5 Galaxy). Help.  Verizon? 
I did end up having to upgrade my phone..It cost me $260 and I lost my unlimited data plan.  That is why I did not want to upgrade what was working just fine for me until Verizon/HTC broke it.
I did factory reset the phone, to no avail.  There are multiple threads on this topic, so this is not isolated to me and my apps. For me, it seems Verizon/HTC broke my phone with the OTA updat... Ver más...
I did factory reset the phone, to no avail.  There are multiple threads on this topic, so this is not isolated to me and my apps. For me, it seems Verizon/HTC broke my phone with the OTA update, and refuse to take responsibility or offer to help 'make it right'.
Did this at 3 am, after my phone kept going for over an hour.  I took the SD card out, and did the cache partition wipe, and then it rebooted and did not loop.  Then I powered off, inserted the S... Ver más...
Did this at 3 am, after my phone kept going for over an hour.  I took the SD card out, and did the cache partition wipe, and then it rebooted and did not loop.  Then I powered off, inserted the SD card (with all my apps that will work that way), and it rebooted, and has not looped since...of course, it was 4 am by the time I finished, so we will see what tonight brings. Verizon support at 3 am was less than worthless.  Pull the battery.  Oh, that did not work, you have a defective phone.  Want to buy a new one since you have two upgrades???  Refused to comment on the fact that the OTA update triggered this and it is a long thread online on this forum. Worthless.  If I had any decent coverage from another provider in my area, I would dump Verizon.  I sure won't get another HTC phone. Thanks for all your help out there, this forum really was a sleep saver last night!!
Mine went down too, of course....spent 60 min on hold for the two minute conversation to say they are all down, and maybe fixed within 24 hours.   This is after something changed with my local ... Ver más...
Mine went down too, of course....spent 60 min on hold for the two minute conversation to say they are all down, and maybe fixed within 24 hours.  This is after something changed with my local tower and my household signal went to nil, and after multiple calls they finally sent me a network extender, which helped in maybe 1/3 of my house...how even that is kaput.  Makes me want to switch to AT&T.
Same experience here, massive increase in reboots after update to 2.2, hard reset helped but did not eliminate, so after relating this to the first level person at VZW, the 2nd level support pers... Ver más...
Same experience here, massive increase in reboots after update to 2.2, hard reset helped but did not eliminate, so after relating this to the first level person at VZW, the 2nd level support person had only one suggestion:  send me a new (refurbished) phone.  I hope my experience from here on out matches yours.   
I already uninstalled the app killer before this started, and there was not a specific app download that I could remember. I will start by uninstalling all apps I don't use very often and work f... Ver más...
I already uninstalled the app killer before this started, and there was not a specific app download that I could remember. I will start by uninstalling all apps I don't use very often and work from there.  I'd rather not factory reset
My Incredible has taken to crashing and restarting randomly.  It has also seemed to turn off the 3G radio at times, which is cured by turning the phone on and off......it didn't do this prior to ... Ver más...
My Incredible has taken to crashing and restarting randomly.  It has also seemed to turn off the 3G radio at times, which is cured by turning the phone on and off......it didn't do this prior to the 2.2 update, but took about a month after to start to do this, so I'm not sure I want to blame that.....Any clues out there?