Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,604 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

curtis_1's Posts

Having the same issue.  Email to text either never arrive or take 4-5 hours.  I use this for notification that a patient has left a message in an emergency voicemail box.  This is a critical function... See more...
Having the same issue.  Email to text either never arrive or take 4-5 hours.  I use this for notification that a patient has left a message in an emergency voicemail box.  This is a critical function to my Verizon account.  Is this issue being corrected?
I wouldn't hold my breath on Apple supporting RCS, but why Verizon doesn't support MMS over wifi is the real question.  Message+ is only slightly better on my new Pixel 7 Pro.  It worked great over w... See more...
I wouldn't hold my breath on Apple supporting RCS, but why Verizon doesn't support MMS over wifi is the real question.  Message+ is only slightly better on my new Pixel 7 Pro.  It worked great over wifi on my previous Galaxy S21, but I prefer Google Message.
Yes, I have high-speed broadband internet.  Verizon is now sending me an extender, so hopefully this solves my problem.  I'm just concerned about range.  My home run is central to our house/property,... See more...
Yes, I have high-speed broadband internet.  Verizon is now sending me an extender, so hopefully this solves my problem.  I'm just concerned about range.  My home run is central to our house/property, but with walls & such...  We'll see.
@Heather, yes I would like to get a network extender. A tech I spoke with over the weekend offered to send me one free of charge, but then another tech thought we could get MMS over wifi natively. Bu... See more...
@Heather, yes I would like to get a network extender. A tech I spoke with over the weekend offered to send me one free of charge, but then another tech thought we could get MMS over wifi natively. But now that I know that is not true, I would like a network extender. Thanks.
That did not answer the question at all.  Can you MMS text through a network extender?  Since we have no mobile coverage at home, I cannot text.  And as you can see from the previous Verizon replies,... See more...
That did not answer the question at all.  Can you MMS text through a network extender?  Since we have no mobile coverage at home, I cannot text.  And as you can see from the previous Verizon replies, you cannot text MMS over wifi.
So when an iphone is sending an MMS to an Android, why does it work over wifi?
I have "excellent" 5GHz signal on wifi.  I guarantee that is not a factor.  All other data functions are rapid. Very odd that with my previous Android, Message+ worked great & this phone it does not... See more...
I have "excellent" 5GHz signal on wifi.  I guarantee that is not a factor.  All other data functions are rapid. Very odd that with my previous Android, Message+ worked great & this phone it does not. Would a Verizon network extender help with MMS?
First, this is the first time anyone at Verizon has told me that you cannot send MMS over wifi.  Obviously, that is a huge problem for me, since we have almost zero cellular coverage at our home.  Wo... See more...
First, this is the first time anyone at Verizon has told me that you cannot send MMS over wifi.  Obviously, that is a huge problem for me, since we have almost zero cellular coverage at our home.  Would a network extender make any difference?  One tech offered to send one as a solution, but then another said it would not help with MMS. Second, though Verizon's Message+ did work for sending MMS on my previous Samsung Galaxy S21 over wifi, it is no better than Google Message with my new Pixel 7 Pro.  I just tried it again, and it said "Sending..." for 3:40 when the image was received by the iphone.  Eventually "Sending..." changed to "Sent". Of course, 3:40 is better than >5 minutes, but it's still nothing like the few seconds it should take.
No issue texting mms away from my home with good cellular coverage.  I can text an image in about 3 seconds. I spoke to 2 Verizon techs yesterday & they both said that I should be able to text mms o... See more...
No issue texting mms away from my home with good cellular coverage.  I can text an image in about 3 seconds. I spoke to 2 Verizon techs yesterday & they both said that I should be able to text mms over wifi when I have poor, or no cellular coverage.   I AM able to receive mms texts over wifi.  I just sent an image with an iphone on our wifi and it went out in seconds and I received it 10 seconds later on my Pixel.  Also replicated the same with friends using AT&T on our wifi. My wifi signal is "excellent" with full bars & 5GHz.  I just tried resetting all my network settings.  One (temporary) development is I was able to send an image in about 2:20 instead of 5-10 minutes and it was received by an iphone about 10 seconds later.  Once "sent", Message said "2 min" even though technically it had just completed sending. Tried turning off "Chat features", but after 4:00 waiting for my text to send I gave up.  After turning Chat back on, after 4:20 minutes the iphone then received but Message still said "Sending...".  After 9 minutes, still says "Sending..."
I have almost no mobile coverage at home & rely on wifi calling.  On my previous Galaxy S21 I could only text images (MMS) with Message+.  Other clients would hang for 15-20 minutes to send an imag... See more...
I have almost no mobile coverage at home & rely on wifi calling.  On my previous Galaxy S21 I could only text images (MMS) with Message+.  Other clients would hang for 15-20 minutes to send an image (I assume using my weak mobile connection).   I just bought a Pixel 7 Pro & have the same problem, except Message+ is no better, but I really just use Google Message.  What's odd, is yesterday someone on AT&T with an iphone texted me an image on my wifi & I received it right away.   So can you not text MMS outbound on Verizon with wifi calling but you can receive them?  That makes little sense.  This is driving me crazy!   BTW, have "chat features" (use wi-fi for messaging) enabled.  I also have "Automatically resend as text (SMS/MMS) enabled. BTW,   
SOLVED:  I decided to throw a hail Mary & uninstall, then reinstall Message+.  Though I think it's the same version, all the functions now appear.  A long-Send-press brings up the 'schedule' option. ... See more...
SOLVED:  I decided to throw a hail Mary & uninstall, then reinstall Message+.  Though I think it's the same version, all the functions now appear.  A long-Send-press brings up the 'schedule' option.  There is a Schedule Messages option (as well as some other, unrelated options) in the Conversations menu. Thanks for everyones help.
A long-press of the 'send' arrow does nothing.  When I eventually release it, of course it sends the message.
The Conversations menu does not have any option related to scheduling messages. If I'm within a thread, the 3 upper-right dots menu only has the following: Shared Media Customize (which pertains t... See more...
The Conversations menu does not have any option related to scheduling messages. If I'm within a thread, the 3 upper-right dots menu only has the following: Shared Media Customize (which pertains to appearance only) Delete Messages Mute Conversation Insert Smiley Search Send Invite I filled out a bug report within the Message+ app but have not heard anything from it.
How unusual that you have the same version, yet they are different.  My Conversations menu: Driving Mode Shared Media Customize What's New Invite Friends Settings
How odd that you have the same version, yet I don't have a 'schedule message' option.  Do you see that option in the Conversations-screen menu with 3 horizontal lines?
version 6.9.6
Though the 'schedule' option has been absent of Message+ for some months, it ends up there was an update pending.  I just did it and nothing has changed.  Still holding the 'send' arrow does nothing,... See more...
Though the 'schedule' option has been absent of Message+ for some months, it ends up there was an update pending.  I just did it and nothing has changed.  Still holding the 'send' arrow does nothing, and there is no 'schedule' option in the Conversation menu.
I'm a Verizon customer, so is this not the place to handle my issue?
Thanks for the reply.  In Message+ Conversation page, the upper left menu (3 horizontal lines) only has the following: Driving Mode Shared Media Customize What's New Invite Friends Settings Al... See more...
Thanks for the reply.  In Message+ Conversation page, the upper left menu (3 horizontal lines) only has the following: Driving Mode Shared Media Customize What's New Invite Friends Settings Also, a long-press of the send arrow does not bring up anything.  It just sends upon release.
To piggyback on this thread, for some time I have no longer had the option to schedule an SMS in Message+.  I used this feature a lot in the past... Galaxy S9. Latest OS.