Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,831 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

AZSALUKI's Posts

budone wrote: VM Notification is not working???? I had messages today and they showed up with the reel to reel icon. were you able to clear it? typically one of two things happens:   1)... See more...
budone wrote: VM Notification is not working???? I had messages today and they showed up with the reel to reel icon. were you able to clear it? typically one of two things happens:   1) you get your notification, but can't clear it without a reboot   2) you don't get the notification, but if you never realize you have a message and don't retrieve it, then when you reboot the next time, it will show up (and then you can't clear it).
i know it's for a different rom, but he claims to have fixed it in 30 minutes, and i believe him. do you really think this bug has htc's entire team of developers stumped? they may not be able to... See more...
i know it's for a different rom, but he claims to have fixed it in 30 minutes, and i believe him. do you really think this bug has htc's entire team of developers stumped? they may not be able to just copy his code, but they could, at the very least test it on the stock rom. they could also see what he did to fix it on the custom rom as a starting point. i know it's more difficult than all of us think, but it can be done, and i believe that if they've got the best programmers making the big bucks, it should have already been done.   also, there is a specific fix for one particular rom....a specific fix for another particular rom.....and then a patch that has been put our there for other roms. it was fixed immediately for MANY roms out there. if it works on many other roms, then it can be fixed for the stock rom.....UNLESS the issue with his fix is affecting bloatware. he doesn't have to worry about that. but the htc prgrammers do. hmmmmm......
you have every right to complain....and i would call them (vzn and htc) out for this too. i'm not excusing them for this. as i have ALWAYS said about updates....let others be the testers. if GB w... See more...
you have every right to complain....and i would call them (vzn and htc) out for this too. i'm not excusing them for this. as i have ALWAYS said about updates....let others be the testers. if GB was that important to a user, then he or she could choose to update, with the known flaw. however, for those that waited even for a matter of hours, they would have seen the glaring issue and could decide between GB with broken VM or no GB with working VM. that's the options, until they fix it. this problem was posted here and on many other forums in a matter of hours after the update began being pushed.    again, i'm not excusing or giving them a pass. i think it's a big issue for them to overlook (and i don't believe that they just weren't aware of it. SOMEBODY on their team visits other sites and forums and knew about it). you have every right to complain. it just won't fix the problem.   the code/fix is out there so HOPEFULLY verizon and htc will get this resolved quickly, since the work has already been done for them.
Wildman wrote: Well you got your wish, they pulled the OTA update to fix the notification issue, like I figured they would in time. how do you know???
gina7289 wrote: So is it still on or cancelled? Theres a post said cancelled before I put it here it wasn't pulled. people are still getting it.   edit: i just saw the post you are referi... See more...
gina7289 wrote: So is it still on or cancelled? Theres a post said cancelled before I put it here it wasn't pulled. people are still getting it.   edit: i just saw the post you are refering to. maybe they did pull the update.
B33 wrote: Azsaluki i allways thought gingerbread was supposed to be good    like at grandma's house but i'm getting to think it's starting to taste like sour Lemon's as >> as many phones it... See more...
B33 wrote: Azsaluki i allways thought gingerbread was supposed to be good    like at grandma's house but i'm getting to think it's starting to taste like sour Lemon's as >> as many phones it's affecting with these little issues.   just a thought.   B33 overall, i think it's pretty good....but i don't get many calls so the voicemail issue is no biggie to me. however, i can see where it would be a HUGE problem for many and i still can't believe the released this, knowing it was broke. as far as updates go though, GB for the tbolt has appeared to be smoother than most of the previous updates for any android device (including GB for other devices). froyo was a MESS on many devices and GB has been a mess on some of the older devices (X, incredible, etc). i would give this an A if VM notification worked.....but since it doesn't, i'd give it a B+
you have 14 days to return it. return it now or else, yes, you will be stuck in a contract. if you return within 3 days, then there is no restocking fee ($35).   the other option is to get a ro... See more...
you have 14 days to return it. return it now or else, yes, you will be stuck in a contract. if you return within 3 days, then there is no restocking fee ($35).   the other option is to get a router for your home internet (this is assuming you have high speed internet at your house....a router costs $30-40) and use a home wifi network. this will also not count against your allowed 2gigs of data usage per month ( and will likely be faster than 3g anyway).....so it's what most people should do anyway, when they are at home.
the voicemail notification is broken....for everyone. it's not just some. other than that, it looks pretty clean. 
RMLJ wrote: You guys do know you can put the voice mail icon on your home screen and open that to see if you have a message waiting don't you? yes, but notifications are one of the GREAT fe... See more...
RMLJ wrote: You guys do know you can put the voice mail icon on your home screen and open that to see if you have a message waiting don't you? yes, but notifications are one of the GREAT features of android. if the phone is in my pocket, i prefer it to beep at me or vibrate or something....as opposed to just randomly, manually checking it.
"supoesedly" this one was supposed to be available immediately, to everyone. something to do with how they pushed it...and they weren't going to do it in stages.....but i don't know?
cmelby76 wrote: Hey Azsaluki, the only patch I can find, you have to copy and paste codes into your phone... So, if you have a different link or site that we all can just go to, download and i... See more...
cmelby76 wrote: Hey Azsaluki, the only patch I can find, you have to copy and paste codes into your phone... So, if you have a different link or site that we all can just go to, download and it will install automatically for us, great. If not, then I think we all shouldn't have to do this. It's up to Verizon to make sure all the features are working correctly before releasing the update... sorry....the poster on this forum that cited a patch must have altered his device. i assumed it was a simple apk that would be a download and install for anyone. after actually looking into it, i now realize that it won't work for most users. but the developer that fixed it also posted the code everywhere...so if verizon has ANY inclanation at all, they can fix it and push a simple update. i'm guessing that will take them a couple of months though.
dprk wrote: Does this affect Google Voice? I don't get VM on the actual "phone". Just wondering.   edited for spelling no. many people actual started using google voice specifically to ... See more...
dprk wrote: Does this affect Google Voice? I don't get VM on the actual "phone". Just wondering.   edited for spelling no. many people actual started using google voice specifically to work around this issue. GV should still work fine.  
dprk wrote: Thanks. I can't be without my main phone so I'll try it this weekend. give it a shot. they really should suggest you do this with any update. i know it's a bit of a hassle, bu... See more...
dprk wrote: Thanks. I can't be without my main phone so I'll try it this weekend. give it a shot. they really should suggest you do this with any update. i know it's a bit of a hassle, but it's the only way to truly get a clean install. you won't be without your phone but for a few minutes. when you reset it, the phone will immediately be working in minutes, and all you really have to do is set your emails back up and sync contacts (assuming you regularly backup contacts). you're up and running in minutes. it's installing apps and customizing it all over again that takes a bit of time.
erishasnobatter wrote: I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we d... See more...
erishasnobatter wrote: I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.   You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses. thanks for all of your work. amazing. 
maaltan wrote: Sorry, forgot to mention ive disabled 4g.  i just use it when i need it (which is rarely, but I wanted to have it available since i paid for it by buying a thunderbolt which is... See more...
maaltan wrote: Sorry, forgot to mention ive disabled 4g.  i just use it when i need it (which is rarely, but I wanted to have it available since i paid for it by buying a thunderbolt which is why i factory reset Monday)   Also i upgraded to gingerbread last night, but not without hassle.   Because, the issue is not showing up in any searches in google or here,  Let me detail it here for postarity   Look for update Upgrade fouind start download <service interruption, download canceled> reenter service area Look for update. No new updates found (gingerbread update was NOT installed) Update status says "download failed" and "code:412"   After spending an hour on tech support call and going down many script paths that terminated in "factory reset phone" i told them to forget it and i would try to figure out something myself and factory reset if needed.    About 4 hours of punching the "check new" button it finally came back up.  Started download again .... and my timerriffic app sent my phone into airplane mode..   doh!.    lol.....one of my favorite apps, until i'm online at 11:45 pm and it goes into airplane...lol!!  Well of course i had same issue.   Right at 4 hours it worked again.   My assumption is that verizon only allows you to attempt to download the update once ever 4 hours.  maybe this is some kind of load mitigation they are using on release day or something.  If so it would be nice if they educated the call center staff in this behavior (or at all?  not entirely fair, i had one guy that was good.  he helped my hack my phone into 3g mode when the eHRPD stack got corrupted after the second phone).   Btw, Some random automatic mini-update thing was released after the tbolt crash fix update but before the gingerbread update  (i dont remember pushing the update button but its possibe i did) added an entry to the wireless setting menu that let you toggle cdma and lte without jumping through hoops ...  It still isnt a widget, but better than the previous alternatives This feature was included with the MR2 update. I just use LTE OnOff app. it's pretty nice.   Since gingerbread is supposed to be more aggressive against battery wasting processes, lets see how things go now...  good luck and i hope you can find a way to get your battery life back!!!!
cmelby76 wrote: Ok guys, I updated to gingerbread and my vm icon won't turn off after a voicemail.. I know there is a patch, but I'm not going through all of that to fix this problem.. I feel ... See more...
cmelby76 wrote: Ok guys, I updated to gingerbread and my vm icon won't turn off after a voicemail.. I know there is a patch, but I'm not going through all of that to fix this problem.. I feel that we waited long enough for this update that Verizon should do something about this.. I read they knew about this problem but did nothing to fix it.. Now I have to reboot my phone to clear it, that is just insane... if you want to just live with it, then that's your choice. but installing a patch takes all of 2 minutes. "going through all of that" entails googling, finding patch, downloading patch, and installing patch. whether you do it from a pc or the tbolt, it takes a couple of minutes. 
i had the issue for a previous update and i had to use "LTE OnOff" and force it to 1X (turn off 4g and 3g) and t found it on 1X??? don't ask me why, but it worked for many of us. but then took 2 ... See more...
i had the issue for a previous update and i had to use "LTE OnOff" and force it to 1X (turn off 4g and 3g) and t found it on 1X??? don't ask me why, but it worked for many of us. but then took 2 hours to download....lol
Ann154 wrote: Whenever I select the "check new" to have the phone looks for a system update, it is the only time that I know of where the 3G/4G data connection will override the wifi connectio... See more...
Ann154 wrote: Whenever I select the "check new" to have the phone looks for a system update, it is the only time that I know of where the 3G/4G data connection will override the wifi connection. I will actually both the mobile data symbol and a connected wifi symbol on the phone for any time longer than a second or two. If you are somewhere if no Verizon service or no Verizon data service, I am not sure the phone can complete a "check new" command. I know you can download the update over wifi after the phone has verified that there is one available. this is what i meant. i know you can have wifi enabled and check for an update, but i don't think it will find it unless you are on the network. i believe ann is correct. to check for an update, it uses the network.   edit: wildman....i just noticed that you said you had updated deactivated devices.....so i don't know how the updates work? lol
but if he has no service, will his device even find the update?
Lt-Belspur wrote: Well,   Half of it works. Now I get a message indicator and it does not clear it's self after your hear the voicemail. Oh well.   Back on the phone. yes...it's been ... See more...
Lt-Belspur wrote: Well,   Half of it works. Now I get a message indicator and it does not clear it's self after your hear the voicemail. Oh well.   Back on the phone. yes...it's been like this for months. one of two things will always happen when someone leaves a message:   1) you will not get a VM notification 2) you will get a notification, but can't clear it without rebooting.   i have yet to find any rhyme or reason as to which of the 2 will happen. sometimes i get the notifaction, but can't clear it.....and sometimes i just don't get the notification.