Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,072 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

AZSALUKI's Posts

yeah, you need to make sure that in your camera settings, it is set to save to the sd card. i find that this is one of the most common memory uses. each picture taken is a significant file size. ... See more...
yeah, you need to make sure that in your camera settings, it is set to save to the sd card. i find that this is one of the most common memory uses. each picture taken is a significant file size. if you're not saving them to the sd card, then switch it now and move the stored pics somewhere (back them up to your pc or dropbox or wherever you store pics). videos and music as well. the operating system does take up a decent amount of space and there's simply nothing you can do about that. also, if you have a music subscription service like spotify, and you download music, it doesn't actually give you the option to use the sd card because you don't actually own that music. it will only download to that particular device (your phone) and will eat up a lot of memory.
Shaandroid wrote: thanks....I actually turned off the automatic update function, but will make sure my cellular service is off when I'm connected to wifi. will you still recei... See more...
Shaandroid wrote: thanks....I actually turned off the automatic update function, but will make sure my cellular service is off when I'm connected to wifi. will you still receive phone calls though if you do this?
i don't know exactly which ones. i know none of the google apps can be. i know i removed a few others for my wife, but had to merely disable a few also. overall, i recall thinking that there real... See more...
i don't know exactly which ones. i know none of the google apps can be. i know i removed a few others for my wife, but had to merely disable a few also. overall, i recall thinking that there really wasn't that much bloatware compared to some of their past phones.
the s4 is likely out of warranty anyway, but Snn5 is correct. you can't roll back to the previous version without altering the device in a significant manner.
don't lose it, but i'm going to suggest a factory reset anyway. if you don't need or want the gestures, so be it. however, it's always a good idea to reset the phone after a major update. it may ... See more...
don't lose it, but i'm going to suggest a factory reset anyway. if you don't need or want the gestures, so be it. however, it's always a good idea to reset the phone after a major update. it may be just fine going forward, but you may find a number of other little issues. with all of the backup and sync options these days, it's really not to bad to reset the phone.
i tend to think it's that model of phone because other threads had moto x users on different carriers with the issue. also, i have a droid turbo on verizon with no issue. i would think if it were... See more...
i tend to think it's that model of phone because other threads had moto x users on different carriers with the issue. also, i have a droid turbo on verizon with no issue. i would think if it were verizon, we would all have this issue.
go to the application manager in settings. when you select an app, "uninstall" will be an option IF it is possible.
i've got nothing. i checked a handful of threads out there on the same issue and nobody seems to have been able to improve this, short of using email (which isn't acceptable to me). i have a hard... See more...
i've got nothing. i checked a handful of threads out there on the same issue and nobody seems to have been able to improve this, short of using email (which isn't acceptable to me). i have a hard time believing that there's no fix other than getting a different phone, but i can't find one.
i used to buy them just to stay off contract because they were cheaper. i've never had an issue and the 2 or 3 i've bought, you couldn't tell the difference between them and brand new ones. but i... See more...
i used to buy them just to stay off contract because they were cheaper. i've never had an issue and the 2 or 3 i've bought, you couldn't tell the difference between them and brand new ones. but i also agree with others here. it's already 2 years old. seems like you should be able to get a brand new one for free if you're signing a 2 year contract. it will be 4 years old by the time you're out of contract. i wouldn't do that. if they want me to sign a 2 year contract, they'd have to give me something for free that was closer to 1 year old. just my opinion, but now that the s6 is out, i could see them giving away the s5 on a 2 year contract in a few months. it's only $99 now.
try using a different messaging app (hangouts or an sms/mms app from the market) for a day and have someone send a few pics. maybe the stock moto messenger app compresses the incoming and outgoin... See more...
try using a different messaging app (hangouts or an sms/mms app from the market) for a day and have someone send a few pics. maybe the stock moto messenger app compresses the incoming and outgoing messages more than others do. they all compress the message (you just can't send or receive a 2mb data file over mms), but some do it to much more degree.
they used to do it at the 20 month mark. not the case anymore. they've gotten real strict over the past 3-4 years about early upgrades. they did it one time when they first got the iphone, but i ... See more...
they used to do it at the 20 month mark. not the case anymore. they've gotten real strict over the past 3-4 years about early upgrades. they did it one time when they first got the iphone, but i would count on waiting 2 more months if i were you.
i suspect the network because almost everyone i know in AZ who has verizon, had their time changed on sunday. the problem is that we don't change our clocks here. this happened on at least 4 diff... See more...
i suspect the network because almost everyone i know in AZ who has verizon, had their time changed on sunday. the problem is that we don't change our clocks here. this happened on at least 4 different types of phones that i know of. i turned mine off and back on and it's been fine since then.
mine DID change. the problem is that i live in AZ and we don't change our clocks. i turned it off and back on and it was back to local time (i didn't have to remove the sim)
if it's not being deleted from the server, it could continue to keep coming through.
verizon is not going to announce anything related to updates. never have and never will. if you're concerned about the bloatware, i's suggest waiting until it launches in stores and see for yours... See more...
verizon is not going to announce anything related to updates. never have and never will. if you're concerned about the bloatware, i's suggest waiting until it launches in stores and see for yourself exactly what is in there. there will most certainly be verizon apps. as for color, again, just wait until you can look at one. i'm a fan of ordering devices, but if i had these concerns, i would definitely go check one out at a store before i bought it.
it sounds like you monitor it pretty closely. if you ever get REAL close to your limit, you can disable mobile data in the settings. also, you can set it to warn you at a certain level ( .8gb for... See more...
it sounds like you monitor it pretty closely. if you ever get REAL close to your limit, you can disable mobile data in the settings. also, you can set it to warn you at a certain level ( .8gb for example). Finally, in the event you do go over the limit, you can call and increase your plan, retroactive to the begining of that billing cycle. this is cheaper than paying the overage fee,, and you can just change it back to 1gb the following billing cycle. you shouldn't need to worry so much about it.
turn off the notifications in each of the apps that keeps sending you notifications. should be in the apps' settings. where did you buy the music from? got to that service and login with your acc... See more...
turn off the notifications in each of the apps that keeps sending you notifications. should be in the apps' settings. where did you buy the music from? got to that service and login with your account and the music will be there, available to download.
you can start by trying to connect the phone to the laptop via usb. another option would be to use something like dropbox that allows you to upload large files to your dropbox account and then do... See more...
you can start by trying to connect the phone to the laptop via usb. another option would be to use something like dropbox that allows you to upload large files to your dropbox account and then download them from any other device. i use dropbox OFTEN. it's great for transferring large files.
we'll get it in a month or 2....about the time that rumors of the next version start flying around....haha
the skype app is 18 mb's. you don't have 18 mb's available?