sync EVERYTHING you can to your itunes account and then you just sync it from itunes to your new iphone4s. 
sprint unlimited is great in AZ. you can DROP an unlimited amount of calls anywhere you'd like and as often as you care to drop a call...unless you are right in the middle of phoenix.
SuzyQ wrote: tdelong08 wrote: PJNC284 wrote: ha, if you've been here since January, you should know by now that no one reads anymore and everyone thinks their problem deserves a new... Ver más...
SuzyQ wrote: tdelong08 wrote: PJNC284 wrote: ha, if you've been here since January, you should know by now that no one reads anymore and everyone thinks their problem deserves a new thread even if it's related to another.  Yeah, I know. It's just hard to not say anything sometimes lol. I wish there were better moderators... The mods on this forum do an awesome job!   I will agree that endless threads about the same topic(s) get tedious for people to wade through.  The FAQ and the Solutions database were intended to help avoid some of the potential repeat questions, but it still happens.  And of course, eveyone's situation is unique in some way and HAS to have it's own thread.... agreed. the mods do just fine. there's nothing they can do about the obsessiveness of iaddicts. the iphone4 and iphone4s forums are the only ones that are THIS ridiculous. it's an apple device so people are going to absolutely lose their minds over it.....and there's nothing the moderators can do to control that. and for the record, the iphone4 was the only device to get it's own forum WEEKS before it was even available. and now the 4s has it's own forum before it's available. good luck trying to actually solve issues when these things are actually shipped. users will post a problem and that thread will be burried 2-3 pages deep within 3-4 hours of initially posting it.  this device has 1000+ threads about the ordering process.....lol.
meech1 wrote: Well It was tol to me that it was goin to happen, and it just happened this week. Spoke to ustomer service and they said it was effective October 1st.  Never received notice by ... Ver más...
meech1 wrote: Well It was tol to me that it was goin to happen, and it just happened this week. Spoke to ustomer service and they said it was effective October 1st.  Never received notice by e:mail or test. As far as I am concerned I deleted the APP because it is worthless without Red Zone. Luckily I still have it on my Comcast Acount. Thinking when my 2 years are uo, in 15 months. I just might change to ATT.  so you would switch to AT&T over an app that the NFL charges for and AT&T doesn't even offer? and this is somehow verizon's fault? 
it's supposed to be free. all it did on mine when i initially opened it (a couple weeks ago) was ask me to sign into my "my verizon" account, and then it opened right up.    if nothing else, yo... Ver más...
it's supposed to be free. all it did on mine when i initially opened it (a couple weeks ago) was ask me to sign into my "my verizon" account, and then it opened right up.    if nothing else, you could run it and just demand that they waive the fee when you get your bill. this was a HUGE bonus in my opinion. google to see if you can find it in text by verizon because i know i read somewhere that it's free all season for 4g devices.
ann....they pulled it. too many complaints about the VM issue. you'll have to wait untill they push it again.
budone wrote: VM Notification is not working???? I had messages today and they showed up with the reel to reel icon. were you able to clear it? typically one of two things happens:   1)... Ver más...
budone wrote: VM Notification is not working???? I had messages today and they showed up with the reel to reel icon. were you able to clear it? typically one of two things happens:   1) you get your notification, but can't clear it without a reboot   2) you don't get the notification, but if you never realize you have a message and don't retrieve it, then when you reboot the next time, it will show up (and then you can't clear it).
i know it's for a different rom, but he claims to have fixed it in 30 minutes, and i believe him. do you really think this bug has htc's entire team of developers stumped? they may not be able to... Ver más...
i know it's for a different rom, but he claims to have fixed it in 30 minutes, and i believe him. do you really think this bug has htc's entire team of developers stumped? they may not be able to just copy his code, but they could, at the very least test it on the stock rom. they could also see what he did to fix it on the custom rom as a starting point. i know it's more difficult than all of us think, but it can be done, and i believe that if they've got the best programmers making the big bucks, it should have already been done.   also, there is a specific fix for one particular rom....a specific fix for another particular rom.....and then a patch that has been put our there for other roms. it was fixed immediately for MANY roms out there. if it works on many other roms, then it can be fixed for the stock rom.....UNLESS the issue with his fix is affecting bloatware. he doesn't have to worry about that. but the htc prgrammers do. hmmmmm......
you have every right to complain....and i would call them (vzn and htc) out for this too. i'm not excusing them for this. as i have ALWAYS said about updates....let others be the testers. if GB w... Ver más...
you have every right to complain....and i would call them (vzn and htc) out for this too. i'm not excusing them for this. as i have ALWAYS said about updates....let others be the testers. if GB was that important to a user, then he or she could choose to update, with the known flaw. however, for those that waited even for a matter of hours, they would have seen the glaring issue and could decide between GB with broken VM or no GB with working VM. that's the options, until they fix it. this problem was posted here and on many other forums in a matter of hours after the update began being pushed.   again, i'm not excusing or giving them a pass. i think it's a big issue for them to overlook (and i don't believe that they just weren't aware of it. SOMEBODY on their team visits other sites and forums and knew about it). you have every right to complain. it just won't fix the problem.  the code/fix is out there so HOPEFULLY verizon and htc will get this resolved quickly, since the work has already been done for them.
Wildman wrote: Well you got your wish, they pulled the OTA update to fix the notification issue, like I figured they would in time. how do you know???
gina7289 wrote: So is it still on or cancelled? Theres a post said cancelled before I put it here it wasn't pulled. people are still getting it.  edit: i just saw the post you are referi... Ver más...
gina7289 wrote: So is it still on or cancelled? Theres a post said cancelled before I put it here it wasn't pulled. people are still getting it.  edit: i just saw the post you are refering to. maybe they did pull the update.
B33 wrote: Azsaluki i allways thought gingerbread was supposed to be good    like at grandma's house but i'm getting to think it's starting to taste like sour Lemon's as >> as many phones it... Ver más...
B33 wrote: Azsaluki i allways thought gingerbread was supposed to be good   like at grandma's house but i'm getting to think it's starting to taste like sour Lemon's as >> as many phones it's affecting with these little issues.  just a thought.  B33 overall, i think it's pretty good....but i don't get many calls so the voicemail issue is no biggie to me. however, i can see where it would be a HUGE problem for many and i still can't believe the released this, knowing it was broke. as far as updates go though, GB for the tbolt has appeared to be smoother than most of the previous updates for any android device (including GB for other devices). froyo was a MESS on many devices and GB has been a mess on some of the older devices (X, incredible, etc). i would give this an A if VM notification worked.....but since it doesn't, i'd give it a B+
you have 14 days to return it. return it now or else, yes, you will be stuck in a contract. if you return within 3 days, then there is no restocking fee ($35).   the other option is to get a ro... Ver más...
you have 14 days to return it. return it now or else, yes, you will be stuck in a contract. if you return within 3 days, then there is no restocking fee ($35).   the other option is to get a router for your home internet (this is assuming you have high speed internet at your house....a router costs $30-40) and use a home wifi network. this will also not count against your allowed 2gigs of data usage per month ( and will likely be faster than 3g anyway).....so it's what most people should do anyway, when they are at home.
the voicemail notification is broken....for everyone. it's not just some. other than that, it looks pretty clean. 
RMLJ wrote: You guys do know you can put the voice mail icon on your home screen and open that to see if you have a message waiting don't you? yes, but notifications are one of the GREAT fe... Ver más...
RMLJ wrote: You guys do know you can put the voice mail icon on your home screen and open that to see if you have a message waiting don't you? yes, but notifications are one of the GREAT features of android. if the phone is in my pocket, i prefer it to beep at me or vibrate or something....as opposed to just randomly, manually checking it.
"supoesedly" this one was supposed to be available immediately, to everyone. something to do with how they pushed it...and they weren't going to do it in stages.....but i don't know?
cmelby76 wrote: Hey Azsaluki, the only patch I can find, you have to copy and paste codes into your phone... So, if you have a different link or site that we all can just go to, download and i... Ver más...
cmelby76 wrote: Hey Azsaluki, the only patch I can find, you have to copy and paste codes into your phone... So, if you have a different link or site that we all can just go to, download and it will install automatically for us, great. If not, then I think we all shouldn't have to do this. It's up to Verizon to make sure all the features are working correctly before releasing the update... sorry....the poster on this forum that cited a patch must have altered his device. i assumed it was a simple apk that would be a download and install for anyone. after actually looking into it, i now realize that it won't work for most users. but the developer that fixed it also posted the code everywhere...so if verizon has ANY inclanation at all, they can fix it and push a simple update. i'm guessing that will take them a couple of months though.
dprk wrote: Does this affect Google Voice? I don't get VM on the actual "phone". Just wondering.  edited for spelling no. many people actual started using google voice specifically to ... Ver más...
dprk wrote: Does this affect Google Voice? I don't get VM on the actual "phone". Just wondering.  edited for spelling no. many people actual started using google voice specifically to work around this issue. GV should still work fine.  
dprk wrote: Thanks. I can't be without my main phone so I'll try it this weekend. give it a shot. they really should suggest you do this with any update. i know it's a bit of a hassle, bu... Ver más...
dprk wrote: Thanks. I can't be without my main phone so I'll try it this weekend. give it a shot. they really should suggest you do this with any update. i know it's a bit of a hassle, but it's the only way to truly get a clean install. you won't be without your phone but for a few minutes. when you reset it, the phone will immediately be working in minutes, and all you really have to do is set your emails back up and sync contacts (assuming you regularly backup contacts). you're up and running in minutes. it's installing apps and customizing it all over again that takes a bit of time.
erishasnobatter wrote: I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we d... Ver más...
erishasnobatter wrote: I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.  You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses. thanks for all of your work. amazing.