Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.6K Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Christiebunny's Posts

In my case, I get data, and only data, if I lock my U11 to "LTE Only"-- no calling, no calling over LTE, no calling over WI-FI even.   And, with a new sim, I lost even that. Yet every other ca... See more...
In my case, I get data, and only data, if I lock my U11 to "LTE Only"-- no calling, no calling over LTE, no calling over WI-FI even.   And, with a new sim, I lost even that. Yet every other carrier sim I've tried (bought in the case of tracfone, borrowed for the others), works flawlessly.  (And, last I knew, tracfone used verizon's towers, among others.)  Everything works flawlessly, and I can even use wi-fi calling-- which I should be able to on verizon regardless of any other carrier/band issues, but I can't use it either. So it's clearly not simply 'a phone issue'.  I've heard rumors that the next update will provide some sort of radio fix,  but I'm more inclined to think this won't be solved until something changes on verizon's end, unfortunately.  Especially considering that most of the people that have issues, WERE working fine for at least the first day or two after they put the phone on verizon. mega-corp or  not, it's in their best interests to have happy customers... lawsuits are always more trouble than fixing the problem that led to them would have been.  I hope someone in the right position can see this thread, and takes heed, soon
Just to clarify, all the band issues are completely software based; Just look on HTC's own site: T-Mobile Unlocked: 2G-GSM: (850/900/1800/1900) 3G UMTS: 900/850/AWS/1900/2100 (1/2/4/5/8) ... See more...
Just to clarify, all the band issues are completely software based; Just look on HTC's own site: T-Mobile Unlocked: 2G-GSM: (850/900/1800/1900) 3G UMTS: 900/850/AWS/1900/2100 (1/2/4/5/8) 4G LTE FDD: Bands B1/B2B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B20/B25/B26/B28/B66 TDD: Bands B41 With 2CA, 3CA VoLTE & VoWiFi calling Verizon Unlocked: 2G-GSM: (850/900/1800/1900) 3G UMTS: 900/850/1900/2100 (1/2/5/8) 4G LTE FDD: Bands B13 VoLTE calling Those are the radio specs for the unlocked U11,  Yet on T-mobile it gets far more bands than on Verizon.  The only difference between the two, is the SIM and the programming on the carrier's side, HTC only sells one unlocked phone, the SIM is what makes it work on whichever network.
Same issue, and the RUU does NOT fix it.   I've got a ticket escalated to tier-3 at the moment,  but if they can't find a way to fix it, I may need to talk to my lawyer. it WAS working, perfec... See more...
Same issue, and the RUU does NOT fix it.   I've got a ticket escalated to tier-3 at the moment,  but if they can't find a way to fix it, I may need to talk to my lawyer. it WAS working, perfectly fine, then simply stopped.  no change in firmware, no change in software, no change in the sim.  one minute fine, the next dead.   I've got HD voice, voLTE, should have wifi calling too.  but can't get anything but LTE data.   And that, only if I change 'preferred network type' to 'LTE only' or 'LTE/CDMA auto (prl)'.  No calls, no texts, everything else gives 'mobile network not available'. There is a giant thread on XDA-Developers of people having the same issues, the same one linked to re:RUU in an earlier post. Verizon needs to take steps to FIX this. all the band issues are completely software based; T-Mobile will get every band the phone's capable of, including 2&4 that verizon at the moment isn't allowing.  it's locked on LTE band 13 only, for verizon.  On verizon's side of things. There is absolutely no way this many people could have a problem with a phone this well-built, on only ONE network.  It's not the phone.  Especially when wiping and even reflashing with an RUU doesn't repair the issue. Verizon needs to fix this, soon, before they start losing more than just U11 customers..  And they should reimburse those of us with problems. and in my case, lost time and wages while I was without a phone, eventually buying a temporary phone I shouldn't have had to. Fix this, Verizon.  Soon.
Got it! *squee!* This things awesome!  needs  a looot of tweaking, but I'm pretty picky about that, it's gonna be a lot of fun though, especially after i get the hang of it. ....and i doubt... See more...
Got it! *squee!* This things awesome!  needs  a looot of tweaking, but I'm pretty picky about that, it's gonna be a lot of fun though, especially after i get the hang of it. ....and i doubt I'll be getting much sleep tonite....  i'd be worried if my final tomorrow wasn't one I could take blindfolded
Yay!  I finally got the 'ready to ship' email-- her's hoping!  Maybe if I'm lucky, there's a west coast warehouse, like, say, Seattle...
Still no shipping for me, just pending  *pout*
I ordered mine last Sunday, but it didn't go through till monday, so it's been pretty much exactly a week -- mine now says ready to ship, but no email yet. Anyone know what the shipping speed ... See more...
I ordered mine last Sunday, but it didn't go through till monday, so it's been pretty much exactly a week -- mine now says ready to ship, but no email yet. Anyone know what the shipping speed is?
well....   it's Monday morning, no change yet....  ...at least it'll give me something to distract from an otherwise painfully long day
I figure since we're already a month 'late' with the note, a week won't make much difference; it's definitely worth saving $100 over,  but I'm going to be hitting F5 a lot, starting Monday mornin... See more...
I figure since we're already a month 'late' with the note, a week won't make much difference; it's definitely worth saving $100 over,  but I'm going to be hitting F5 a lot, starting Monday morning........
For those of you walmart-ians that got the Note through there, I got an email saying they'll get inventory on Monday and it'll be shipped out "within an hour of arrival".   Not sure when the $100... See more...
For those of you walmart-ians that got the Note through there, I got an email saying they'll get inventory on Monday and it'll be shipped out "within an hour of arrival".   Not sure when the $100 gift card'll ship tho, other than 'later'.
ffx2 wrote: I have no clue why you would want to move your apps to the SD card. What's the benefit? Depending on phone and card, either for space, or for speed - on this Ally i've... See more...
ffx2 wrote: I have no clue why you would want to move your apps to the SD card. What's the benefit? Depending on phone and card, either for space, or for speed - on this Ally i've got for the moment, a class 10/UHS-1 micro runs apps noticeably faster than running them off the internal memory. And, since it's only got 154MB user space, I get more room too - I've got about 750MB install, but still 40ish MB free; there's a few apps I want to have on internal just in case something happens to the micro, like my calendar/appointment app. (system apps are stored on a different partition, and can't really be moved to the SD because of permissions issues usually, though 95% would likely run fine if they were) And, unlike Apps2SD, you can even run apps with widgets just fine off the SD.
Link2SD I've got apps with widgets on the SD card with it, and it works perfectly.   it does work with JB, though not (yet) with encrypted apps (I'm not sure what apps are encrypted, I know fr... See more...
Link2SD I've got apps with widgets on the SD card with it, and it works perfectly.   it does work with JB, though not (yet) with encrypted apps (I'm not sure what apps are encrypted, I know free aren't so I'd assume paid are) it's going to be the 2nd thing on my note tho, besides T.Backup though, if all goes well.....  once I get it upgraded properly so I can!
dolfandon wrote: The sim card that comes with your phone is tied to the line you bought the phone against. When you turn on the phone with that sim card in it, it automatically activates ... See more...
dolfandon wrote: The sim card that comes with your phone is tied to the line you bought the phone against. When you turn on the phone with that sim card in it, it automatically activates the phone on your line. You can move that sim card to any phone that can use it and it will activate whatever phone it is in on your line. The plan is use my daughter's upgrade on her line, transfer it to my line, replace my 3G Ally with the note2 (leaving my daughter's phone alone completely), the give the Ally to a friend to replace their ancient 3G phone on their plan. So I can just take the sim out of the Ally, stick it into the note, and stick the new (I assume blank) sim from the note into the ally and give that to my friend to *228 onto his line?
Ann154 wrote: Dave16s6, Do not, I repeat DO NOT dial *228 on any 4G LTE device. The SIM card is what controls and activates the phone. If you haven't had a 4G LTE device yet, you need to... See more...
Ann154 wrote: Dave16s6, Do not, I repeat DO NOT dial *228 on any 4G LTE device. The SIM card is what controls and activates the phone. If you haven't had a 4G LTE device yet, you need to get up to speed post haste. If you don't type *228,  how do you activate?  I'm moving from a 3G LG to the note-- I'd assume the sim cards wouldn't be compatible between 3G/4G, so I couldn't just switch them?  Especially since I'd be moving the 3G LG to a different line later?
Me too! Going to have to wait a few days, since OI ordered via walmart, but the order's been processed and ready to go, gift card included.  It's "awating inventory" but best I can tell it's actu... See more...
Me too! Going to have to wait a few days, since OI ordered via walmart, but the order's been processed and ready to go, gift card included.  It's "awating inventory" but best I can tell it's actually waiting for the OK to release. I'm willing to wait a day or two extra,to save $100, couldn't afford the unlocked version anyways, and lost my unlimited when I put the kinds on the plan too. As for all this flak flying around these threads...  the issue isn't that it's releasing on the 27th and they've been saying 'by the 27th' since the beginning.  the issue is bad business practices. They're releasing a month after the rest of the carriers. This causes them to lose customers and potential customers in the process -- thus lose profit They're releasing after Black Friday *and* after Cyber-Monday, so lose out on those potential profits as well. And lastly, pre-orders are universally given some sort of incentive to make people /want/ to pre-order, thus giving the company extra, and early, profits.  Verizon hasn't, not even something as little as  a 10/20% discount or a week early or anything. Yet walmart, a 2nd party vendor, can get them cheap enough to be able to offer their pre-order customers what amounts to a $100 rebate. THAT is what the people on this thread are upset about: Sloppy business practices, conflicting info, pussyfooting, and just plain general corporate/marketing stupidity. At least this whole mess is nearly over, and The Phone Of Awesome won't be too much longer!
Well, it looks like it went through-  but they want to chat with me to confirm I want to transfer the upgrade...  and no one's open on Sunday Best I can tell, I'll still get the promo and e... See more...
Well, it looks like it went through-  but they want to chat with me to confirm I want to transfer the upgrade...  and no one's open on Sunday Best I can tell, I'll still get the promo and everything tomorrow, even though it ends today (though, of course, have to pay the same upfront.) Here's hoping-- and hoping that I can get to them early enough they can ship it out the same day!
Does anyone know if you can transfer an upgrade from one line to another, if you order it through walmart?  the ToS for them *seems* to imply you can't, even if you switch lines after you get the... See more...
Does anyone know if you can transfer an upgrade from one line to another, if you order it through walmart?  the ToS for them *seems* to imply you can't, even if you switch lines after you get the phone 😕
The issue is that Verizon is the LAST to get it, by nearly a month. Not oly is that unfair to its customers, regardless of whether they'd said it would ship from that date to begin with, but ... See more...
The issue is that Verizon is the LAST to get it, by nearly a month. Not oly is that unfair to its customers, regardless of whether they'd said it would ship from that date to begin with, but it's bad business practices, and they're losing revenue and customers because of it. Not only those that have left or decided to buy elsewhere, over the last month, but choosing to release it /after/ black friday, is a huge lose of potential revenue. Plain and simple it's unfair to their loyal customers who do stay (for whatever reason they choose to), and it's extremely bad marketing and business practices.
Mine still says: We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 11/27/2012 sad
mine still says ship date 11/27